Crysis (1 & 2)

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Taustin Powers, May 16, 2012.

1. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Just started playing Crysis 1 on PS3, as it was given to me by a friend.

I find I am actually enjoying it quite a bit! The nano suits powers are pretty awesome. Will I be able to improve the powers, extend the cloak time etc.?

Gotta get used to playing a shooter without a cover mechanic again after all these years. :D All in all, pretty fun, though at times it seems like a less polished Far Cry 2 to me.

How does Crysis 2 compare? Is it worth the 20 bucks it's going for now?

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I loved the first, I absolutely loved how the story was told. There's a section just before the "2nd chapter" bit that dropped my jaw. Haven't played it since 2009 might give it another run :).

I haven't finished Crysis 2 yet but so far it hasn't grabbed me as the first one did. The story presentation isn't as good and the open(ish) landscapes are gone. All those combat options you had from the first game are gone but it does add a fun upgrading system. Which I believe is a regulatory standard in all games now.

3. MRU Suspended

MRU

Of all Crytek's work (you can't include FarCry 2 as they sold the IP to ubisoft)

It's FarCry the original that to me is the pinnacle of their work. It truly blew me away. The vista's, the open world, the story, the AI....

Ever since then with Crysis 1 & 2 it has felt like a mediocre almost generic shooter with a pretty face. Behind the prettiness is a rather vacuous space.

4. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

I would love to play Far Cry 1, but I lack the necessary hardware.

Maybe one day they will release it on PSN, like they did with Crysis...

5. Wardenski macrumors 6502

Hi. I am about 80 % through Crysis 2, its a good game and its actually pretty long. Worth $20 in my opinion.

I prefer the openess of Crysis 1 though. They have attempted to make Crysis 2 have a bit of story and to be fair it has more story than Crysis 1 but I have not got to the end yet so I can't make any conclusions regarding its worthiness.

I agree with MacRumorUser that Crysis 1 and 2 are fairly generic shooters but they are still good games IMO. On the PC there are some pretty good mods.

6. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Heh, I was just wondering where "that comedian guy who used to be on MR" went. Hadn't seen you around in a while. Good job on Crysis 2!

8. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I never played Crysis 1 or 2, but I just watched a video on IGN with some game play from Crysis 3. It looks pretty awesome: the environments are amazing. Now I want to go back and play the first 2 to get a feel for the franchise.

9. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Mehh. I bought Crysis for $60 for 360 - played it for a couple of weeks, and now it collects dust.

I actually got stuck in the campaign at a point (I don't remember where anymore, but you're in a building, about 10ish stories up, and there are a couple helicopters that come shoot you through the windows, as well as people busting in). By stuck, I don't mean that I didn't possess enough skill to get past the people, but rather what I feel is a glitch in the game - the place where you're supposed to leave is blocked...

10. Starfighter macrumors 6502a

Starfighter

The nano suit is what makes me love the games (Crysis 1 and Warhead down, halfway through Crysis 2). I'm not that fond with the story at all, but the abilities in the suit is... fantastic.

Edit: But then again, I bought Crysis Maximum Edition (1 and Warhead) for $14, same for Crysis 2. The low price might help me to have a relaxed approach.

11. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

Crysis one is a better game over all, however while crysis 2 isn't such a nice environment to play in and the graphics aren't as big a jump as you might have hoped, all in all it has some great stuff. My favorite would have to be the new movement system (jumping up etc) coupled with the unobtrusive cover system.

Can't wait for crysis 3, it looks like the setting will be closer to a jungle which was why I totally loved the 1st game, so that should be fun. I also hope they fix the multiplayer, crysis 2 had potential but was just to buggy to be fun. I would buy crysis 2.

12. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Did the original Crysis come out for Xbox360? I can't find it. (I found Crysis 2 though.)

13. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

Thanks. I post and then don't post. The mods always get grumpy about me sharing fun links.