Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rob9874

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2010
No one has any concerns (or real stories) about people pulling scams when buying your iPhone? I've been selling on eBay since 1996, and run a little side business, so I'm not scared of eBay. Just always feel worried when selling higher-dollar electronics. Sold my 3GS to a friend, and was considering using eBay's Instant Sale, for less, to avoid the risk. Thoughts?

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
I am not in the haggle business with my wife's iPhone 4 32gb excellent condition. (couple of minor marks caused by apple bumper on the antenna).

Posted it for $300 on Craigslist. Had 15 offers within 30 minutes. I know I can get more. But just wanted to unload it. Selling it to woman tomorrow who wanted it for her daughter. Plus she lives in same suburb so literally five minutes away. I know I could have gotten $400 for the 32gb if I waited it out.

I sold my iPhone 4 4 months ago. 32gb as well for $500.

TheDude73

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
I am not in the haggle business with my wife's iPhone 4 32gb excellent condition. (couple of minor marks caused by apple bumper on the antenna).

Posted it for $300 on Craigslist. Had 15 offers within 30 minutes. I know I can get more. But just wanted to unload it. Selling it to woman tomorrow who wanted it for her daughter. Plus she lives in same suburb so literally five minutes away. I know I could have gotten $400 for the 32gb if I waited it out.

I sold my iPhone 4 4 months ago. 32gb as well for $500.

Sold my Verizon 32 gb black last Friday on eBay for $305 with free shipping. Sending it tomorrow to it's new owner, who bought within an hour of my listing it. It'll be his first iPhone.

proboscisjoe

macrumors member
May 12, 2008
3GS on Craigslist for $260

I just listed an unlocked 3GS on Craigslist for $260. Some have been selling in the ~$200 range, but they've been scratched and locked to AT&T. Hopefully my phone's condition will justify its price to at least one person. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.