Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skyehigh

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2011
Top Sites

Can someone tell me how to turn this off please , when i click on safari i like my google homepage to come up not Top Sites.

zen

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2003
Don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but Finder is behaving oddly with regard to tags.

I tagged a group of 12 photos with a custom tag, and assigned the colour purple to that tag. The new tag is displayed in the Finder tag column at the top.

When I click on that tag, it shows me the 12 photos. If I try and rename the files in this Finder window, nothing happens - the original file name is displayed. However, if I go out of the tag display and find the original files, the name has been changed and displays correctly.

Click back into Finder to display the tag - filename is unchanged.

Also, in the tag display window, I have set the columns to display the tag, so I get the new one listed as "Test Photo Tag" (correct).

However, everywhere else in the Finder, if I have the tag column displayed, it says "Purple", which is obviously not the name of the new tag, but the colour I assigned to it.

Anyway else seeing this kind of weirdness?

anarti

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2012
Scotland
it's not a bug a it's very annoying - is it possible to change the 2D white dock background? It is hard to look at it, and to distinguish icons on that new dock.... very annoying.

Km133

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2012
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
I'm loving the improvements to external displays, however there still seems to be some bugs with the dock?

Perhaps these are known issues, but...

Is it the case that I should be able to see the dock on both monitors? This was working at one point last night, however this morning (on a different external monitor), it only appears on one at a time (i.e. it disappears from my mbp screen when it appears on the external monitor).

It is also taking between 3-4 seconds for the dock to appear when I move the mouse to the bottom of the screen...

pekapa

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012
Full Screen Videos / Lock Screen

When the screen lock if I have a full screen video open (tested with chrome) it will either restart my mac (Retina RBP 15'', mid 2012) or bring the screen with flashing white/blue stripes (as shown in the video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17rJtUuBF7w

Anyone else has something similar?

Yahooligan

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2011
Illinois
The only recurring problem I've experienced so far is a temporary system pause/freeze that seems to only happen when listening to iTunes, specifically Radio or Internet. The number of hangs, frequency and duration vary but are usually over in 1-2 seconds tops.

Interestingly, it seems to only freeze on one display? I have iTunes running on my cMBP display while I have other apps running on the ATD and don't recall having any freezing apps on the ATD, but I had the entire laptop display freeze up when the music stopped playing (freeze) for a couple of seconds.

I can have iTunes open but not playing music and there are no issues. Strange...

Oldskoolstu

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2013
I don't know whether it has already been discussed but I cannot get finder tabs to stay! Evertime I create a window in the finder with multiple tabs and close it and reopen it the tabs aren't there anymore!?!

pekapa

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012
I don't know whether it has already been discussed but I cannot get finder tabs to stay! Evertime I create a window in the finder with multiple tabs and close it and reopen it the tabs aren't there anymore!?!

Works for me.
If I open multiple tabs and close by clicking on the red button I do get the same tabs opened. (The only problem is that I'm used with closing with cmd+w, so now I only close one tab instead of the window)

Oldskoolstu

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2013
Works for me.
If I open multiple tabs and close by clicking on the red button I do get the same tabs opened. (The only problem is that I'm used with closing with cmd+w, so now I only close one tab instead of the window)

I've created a new folder in the finder and then added tabs each directing to certain folders, i.e. Downloads, Documents. Applications, Etc for arguments sake, but when I close that new folder window and reopen it all of the tabs aren't there and I just have the original new folder finder window. Am I missing something? Or is this a bug?

Imory

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2013
Wonderland
Is the new version of Garageband suppose to co-exist with the old version? I thought new version (10.0) would replace the old one? Anyway, I got two versions of Garageband on my Air.

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012
There are quite a bit, most of them minor but the biggest ones I'm experiencing is the 5-10 second delay of removing files off the desktop. The other is sleep. It takes forever in Mavericks, 30 seconds to a minute. Already tried the basic troubleshooting (repair permissions for the delay of files off the desktop and SMC/PRAM for sleep issues).

It fixed my sleep problem on my 15" MBPr, it used to take up to a minute now instant.

I have a greyed out wifi with a black exclamation mark in it, wifi works though?

Oldskoolstu

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2013
/Library window won't load/draw itself. Have constant circular loading animation in bottom right hand corner of window. Have tried a Finder reload but that hasn't solved the problem.

astrobill

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2011
Major Problems with OS X Mavericks and Gmail

...guys, a ton of people are already blogging about how the new version of Mail in OS 10.9 Mavericks totally broke how it works with Gmail...major issues! Just google it...it's also all over the Apple Support Communities.

I'm sticking with Snow Leopard until they fix this.

powers74

macrumors 68000
Aug 18, 2008
At the bend in the river
No major bugs (Flash works btw.), just some applications don't work (e.g. Parallels), which can be annoying

Yeah, like CS5? Thank God I just finished a project or I'd be boned. I gotta figure out how to get them working now. Guess I should have considered that, but it wasn't an issue going from Lion to MountainLion. Other than that Everything seems pretty great. Maps is way awesome.

----------

Is the new version of Garageband suppose to co-exist with the old version? I thought new version (10.0) would replace the old one? Anyway, I got two versions of Garageband on my Air.

Had that happen with Pages. I just deleted the old one. Hope that doesn't come back to bite me.

Last edited:

zen

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2003

I had that with all the iWork apps - and the Mac App Store kept saying I had three updates available, when I didn't. In the end I used App Zapper to delete the old apps.

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
I installed Mavericks on two computers on my Macbook Pro I am seeing a process called Com.Apple.MediaLibraryService running at 90 percent CPU usage. This process is owned by Itunes and runs everytime I open Itunes.

I do not use Itunes Match and have the latest version of Itunes. Anyone any ideas on how to deal with this. Obviously the process stops if I close Itunes.

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
I have 3 partitions, main with 10.8 (now updated to 10.9), Bootcamp with W7 and 10.6 for playing older games. My 2010 iMac came with 10.6. It all worked under 10.8, but after installing Maverick I can't boot into 10.6 (holding down ALT with startup) and when trying to boot into W7 I get a black screen that Windows needs it install DVD and need to perform a clean install, it can't fix it.

Furthermore, Windows can only be selected in system preferences, selecting startup disk, not when restarting holding the ALT button.
10.6 can only sometimes be selected at startup with ALT, it doesn't show in the startup disk. Have put a backup of this partition back through time machine, but it's still not recognized.

It seems both partitions with different OS's have been corrupted by installing Maverick. Has anyone else have this problem too?? Any help is appreciated!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.