Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PeterQC

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2008
I verify that before i do it, the keyboard don't have 80 screws more like 10 under it not that hard to remove
if anybody doubt that the track pad work I post a video in youtube to prove it
the invisible shied do the same thing and still work i can put a piece of plastic on top and still work

I was talking about the unibody model.

Lord Farken

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2008
well to tell true that no the color I chose in the shop ,I chose one call ballistic blue but I guest that he run out of that one and do it with another kind more darker.
if there were a way to change the keys color i do it but don't think is possible
the next one is going to be solid red with different jewel design

mikes70mustang

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2008
US
ceramic paint are you serious? were you get that
next week Ferrari red for my neighbor until then blue haters

Ceramic paint-i.e. header paint, engine paint. Nobody has heard that ceramic coated headers cool better than just bare metal? Even ceramic paint does the job.

Lord Farken

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2008
next project preview

Capture2.png

Capture.png

MVApple

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
If you do a unibody in a matte black finish, I bet you'll have people lining up to buy one.

I like the red with black keyboard, but the silver trackpad throws everything off. If you can color the trackpad black to match the keyboard, then the two-color pallete will look fabulous.

iMpathetic

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
IMBY
That is hella cool.

Why all the haters? I think the looks of a MBP can be very easily improved. I like the colorful PC laptops, but they have too many buttons, clutter, etc. The MBP is clean, but also bright and colorful. Think of it as a new clamshell iBook. :)

bbadalucco

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2009
If you do a unibody in a matte black finish, I bet you'll have people lining up to buy one.

I like the red with black keyboard, but the silver trackpad throws everything off. If you can color the trackpad black to match the keyboard, then the two-color pallete will look fabulous.

I was just going to say that...good call.

mikes70mustang

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2008
US
man, never thought id see so many metal flake haters. make it bright and shiny and there will be people all over that. Honestly, id like to see a MBP with that chrome paint from that website. The heat changing kind would be pointless, since aluminum macs are always gonna have a toasty case.

ViciousShadow21

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2009
To your left or right
yea i wouldnt mind some cosmetic options for the MB and MBP's. black would look pretty sweet. like i said before im a fan of gun metal gray. all my cars have been that color. its not to dark but not to light. also looks good with Xenon HID's.

Lord Farken

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2008
That is hella cool.

Why all the haters? I think the looks of a MBP can be very easily improved. I like the colorful PC laptops, but they have too many buttons, clutter, etc. The MBP is clean, but also bright and colorful. Think of it as a new clamshell iBook. :)

agree ,that why are good for custom jobs ,any other laptops got so much crap on it that is impossible ,they come now with like 6 different stickers built for vista, nvidia,intel inside ,etc :rolleyes: plus the frame if not a solid piece ,the more you can do is paint the back of the lcd

Insulin Junkie

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2008
Mainland Europe

^^ lol... guess he's keen on showing it off! I suppose I would too if I'd just spent 150 bucks on a paint job.

@OP: As some other posters have said before me, I'm not a big fan of it either. I don't like the color, I don't like the metallic, but I sure love the apple mod. I'm not a big fan of any kind of paint jobs done to macs, haven't seen one I'd have preferred over the way it originally looks. If I didn't already have a skin that covered the back part of my laptop I'd consider pimping up the apple a bit, somewhere along the lines of what you did.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
The thread should be titled pimping my mac :p

personally its not my cup of tea, it detracts from the beautiful simplicity and look of the MBP.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
man, never thought id see so many metal flake haters. make it bright and shiny and there will be people all over that.

I like it... on like bumper cars and roller coasters.

Not so much on this laptop.

The red (without so much metal flake anyway) on a unibody might be nice.

kdum8

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Tokyo, Japan
Have to say I am not keen on the metallic blue at all but at least you have a completely unique mac. The red idea looks better though. All you need then is to change the apple logo for a ferrari one and you are away! :cool:

mikes70mustang

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2008
US
Id like to try some of that Chrome FX from Alsa corp. on a mbp. Then you would have what appears to be a polished aluminum mbp. But.....it would be paint and it would be clearcoated. And it looks to be the new waterbased paint, so it is supposed to me more scratch resistant

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.