Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max will soon be available in Australia and New Zealand before rolling out to other countries around the world, and customers have already started lining up to purchase one of Apple's new devices.

At the Orchard Road store in Singapore, where the iPhone 11 and 11 Pro will roll out in just a few hours, hundreds of people are waiting.

applestoresingapore-800x600.jpg

Image via Twitter user Spencer Chong

There's a similar scene at Apple's Ginza and Marunouchi stores in Japan, where some customers have started waiting for the new iPhones.

Customers still have several hours to wait in Europe, but lines have started at Apple's flagship Kärntner Straße store in Vienna, Austria.

Ist ab morgen etwa das #iPhone11 in Wien erhältlich!? 😅😅 #apple #store #kärntnerstraße pic.twitter.com/xPnVvdHu4f - Christopher Abel (@abelinho87_) September 19, 2019

Most U.S. stores don't appear to have long lines just yet, but people will likely start showing up at retail locations as the launch date draws nearer.

Apple's iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max models sold out rather quickly after pre-orders became available on September 13, so there may be a decent number of people hoping to get a new iPhone in store.

Orders placed for new iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max models today won't be shipping out until October, which will increase demand for in store models.

Customers in the United States who did not pre-order and who are hoping for a launch day device should get to an Apple retail store or carrier store as early as possible.

Are you planning to wait in line for an Apple device this year? Let us know in the comments.

Article Link: Customers Waiting in Line at Apple Retail Stores Around the World for iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: Sebosz

aFlockaCgulz

Suspended
Aug 21, 2019
Too much free time

Or it's something these people are passionate about.

I had a Chick-Fil-A open up near me recently. First 100 people get free meals for a year. More than 12 hours out from their grand opening, there was a line over 200 people long.

They like it, so they planned for it. If I had kept track on of when it was going to open I wouldve taken time off work to go wait in line.

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
I had a Chick-Fil-A open up near me recently. First 100 people get free meals for a year. More than 12 hours out from their grand opening, there was a line over 200 people long.

They like it, so they planned for it. If I had kept track on of when it was going to open I wouldve taken time off work to go wait in line.

That would be the exact definition of too much free time.

mrcrlee

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2008
It’s amazing how Apple has me hooked. I’m not upgrading from my xs Max this year (just couldn’t rationalize the upgrade) but I really want to buy one just to be a part of the excitement and fun. Love those release day UPS refreshes and tracking it from China. Argh! :):)

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
I will NEVER understand this.

I stood in line for hours for the very first iPhone. Maybe the second as well.

However, once online preordering began, I never opted to do this again.

So why the hell are people doing this?

Those iPhone 11s were in abundant supply 8 hours into preorder day. I know as I ordered mine 8 hours in and having it delivered tomorrow.

The only line waiting I am going to be doing is at UPS in the morning. I am always first on line and never have to wait more than an hour.

PS: I have lousy UPS delivery. I don't get deliveries until 7-8pm. So, I don't mind picking up at my UPS center 10 hours earlier.

Lycanthrope

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
Brussels, Belgium, Europe
Why? I just pre-ordered from the Apple app and have an in-store reservation at 9AM

I see two possibilities, a) they got too late into pre-order and the availability slipped or b) they want to see the colour options first before deciding.

Either way, no guarantee of stock at all.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
Why? I just pre-ordered from the Apple app and have an in-store reservation at 9AM

I see two possibilities, a) they got too late into pre-order and the availability slipped or b) they want to see the colour options first before deciding.

Either way, no guarantee of stock at all.

I understand if you have a 9am appointment.

But you don't wait on line.

You walk in and get your phone.

Reactions: LeslieM825

Mr. Chewbacca

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2010
Dallas TX
I will NEVER understand this.

I stood in line for hours for the very first iPhone. Maybe the second as well.

However, once online preordering began, I never opted to do this again.

So why the hell are people doing this?

Those iPhone 11s were in abundant supply 8 hours into preorder day. I know as I ordered mine 8 hours in and having it delivered tomorrow.

The only line waiting I am going to be doing is at UPS in the morning. I am always first on line and never have to wait more than an hour.

PS: I have lousy UPS delivery. I don't get deliveries until 7-8pm. So, I don't mind picking up at my UPS center 10 hours earlier.

I did it when I upgraded from my brothers hand me down iPhone 1 to the 4 but I went with some friends and had a blast. That was the only time I waited in line, it was a lot of fun. Kinda wish I could get the gang together to do it again but pre-orders are so easy now. Maybe we could just go camping.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
Or it's something these people are passionate about.

Difference is... at the end of the day, these people will still just have an iPhone. The same as anyone who pre-ordered. No extras. No perks. Just a phone.

Nowadays, waiting in line for days just makes absolutely no sense. Just order it online.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.