Cyber Monday - What did you get

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by maflynn, Dec 1, 2014.

1. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

in light of the What did you get on Black Friday? thread.
    I thought it was a good idea to see what others purchased on Cyber Monday.

Here's my running total so far.
    Two Lego Friends kits for my girlies.

2. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

I've got a nice 30% promo code for Y-3 but aren't allowed to use it so far..:mad:

3. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

Well same thing I got on Black Friday, nothing. On the other hand, for Cyber Monday eve (Sunday), I picked up the new AC/DC album from iTunes so...:D

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Starbucks has a $25 off $70 and free shipping deal today. I was hesitating because this years Dot collection is the ugliest collection I have ever seen in anything. A few Christmases ago they had these really lovely cups that had something in the inside. My mom really likes them still.

I bought some teas and a whole bunch of mugs and it cost me less than $50. Stuff we absolutely need more of at a very good price. I'm well satisfied with the purchase.

5. D.T. macrumors 604

D.T.

I tried to score a Wii-U online for the little girl - first I ordered it online through Walmart for a store pickup on Saturday, then on Sunday I get an order cancellation because of “no stock”. So I hit up a couple of deal sites, and I hear people are just walking in for the Mario Kart 8 bundle (and that the sold out online for store pick up is just a glitch). I hit up some other deals this morning, but they were long gone, I read most of the Wii-U bundles sold out in just a couple of minutes!

So we hit up ... ugh ... Walmart, after our workout, and sure enough, there’s a stack of them in the case. Of course it takes 10 minutes to find a human being to unlock the case so I can get one. Extra bonus, it came with a $50 gift card, which at Walmart is just about the same as cash, making the deal effectively $250! That’s a solid score for a Wii-U Deluxe, 32GB, with MK8 and Nintendo Land :cool:

Not “cyber” but a deal nonetheless :D

6. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I bought for my niece, from her Christmas list, a Hollister hoodie, a hot pink fleece blanket and a volleyball.

7. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Boulder and Heatwave Transformers Rescue Bots for my son and daughter, and a 6-qt. KitchenAid stand mixer for the wife.

Missed the Stand Mixer for $10 cheaper on 11/23, but I'll eat that cost.

BL.

8. woodywoodz Suspended

woodywoodz

9. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

10. maflynn thread starter Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Now that Cyber monday is behind us, I can say that I'm largely disappointed. Nothing I wanted was on sale, but given the fact, I do most of my shopping, that didn't deter me.

11. corvus32 macrumors 6502a

Newegg had a 6 hour sale yesterday afternoon where, if you used their mobile app or mobile website to place an order, you could enter a promo code and get 5% off any purchase. So, I bought a BenQ XL2420G monitor that I've been wanting since January.

They also had a special where, if you made a purchase of $150 or more and paid with PayPal, you could enter a promo code and get $30 off. I almost used that to buy a 480GB Sandisk Extreme Pro SSD, which was already marked down to $210. That would have been a sweet deal on the best SSD around.

So, I disagree with being disappointed.

12. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

In anticipation of issues with a Bluray player I own (it's quirky, but functional) I puchased a Sony wi-Fi capable player for $50 that retails for $120.

13. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

Not quite Monday, but Sunday I got a Samsung 28" UHD (4K) Monitor deal! Regularly $599, I paid $399 with free shipping and no tax from Adorama!

14. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Two dog beds. Saved $200. I love my dog children too much.

15. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac