Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which life path are you going to choose?

• Total voters

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I enjoyed the game on my PS5 not long after the release, even with all the bugs and missing features and was sure I’d play again when the PS5-version got released, but I must say that I’m not sure that I will. With Horizon Forbidden West around the corner, and several games in my backlog (Far Cry 6 to name one), I’m really not sure if I should bother visiting Night City again…

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I enjoyed the game on my PS5 not long after the release, even with all the bugs and missing features and was sure I’d play again when the PS5-version got released, but I must say that I’m not sure that I will.

Not used to agreeing with BlankStar, but I'm kind of in the same boat. Enjoyed my first play-through overall even though it was the buggiest AAA game I've ever played. I always expected I'd give it another go when the PS5 upgrade came out, but now I know that the lifepaths don't mean much. I'd play a new story DLC.

Reactions: BlankStar

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
I think LTT was reporting that Cyberpunk 2077 was in the pipeline sony's playstation store, meaning that the PS5 version is mere weeks away.
If the release is scheduled for March, a panel of journalists and vloggers must be beta testing the game as we speak OR have already done so. Fingers crossed Series X graphics will be closer to PC :)

On the gameplay front, I'm keeping my expectations extremely low with regards to improvements to NPCs, mini map and driving.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm keeping my expectations extremely low
Its a year old game that has not seen much in terms of updates, no real new content, and a horrific rollout. I wonder at what price point they'll be looking to sell this for on the PS5/Xbox X - especially as its in competition with newer games that have more positive reputation.

I'm quasi tempted, as the performance and visual effects on my xBox X will exceed that of my PC that is running a RTX 2060 super, but I'm not spending 50 bucks

Reactions: Queen6

Queen6

macrumors G4
CDPR blatenly lied about the games content and play style. What CDPR delivered was/is a joke. Just another mindless looter shooter with subpar mechanics and pretty graphics...

Great premise, all hype and little substance. S. T. A. L. K. E. R. from 2007 could teach in gameplay & depth. Yes the game was launched broken, equally fixable something I seriously doubt can be done withCP2077...

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I have to agree, it’s not worth anything close to $50. The most I would pay for this title on the New-Gen consoles, would maybe be $20 at the most. And I know there’s been significant improvements, but all aspects aside, it’s just a game that never lived up to what it was supposed to be. It’s so crazy to think how reputable CDPR, and now you can see the aftermath of why every other developer is pushing their titles out to not be the example that from December 2020.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
Its a year old game that has not seen much in terms of updates, no real new content, and a horrific rollout. I wonder at what price point they'll be looking to sell this for on the PS5/Xbox X - especially as its in competition with newer games that have more positive reputation.

I'm quasi tempted, as the performance and visual effects on my xBox X will exceed that of my PC that is running a RTX 2060 super, but I'm not spending 50 bucks
Correct me if I am wrong but if you own the previous gen copy of the game, you will ge to play the next gen version for free?

Given that copies of the old game is supee cheap, I doubt that the game.will retail for $50 - the exception is if they have done a major refresh and added new missions.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Correct me if I am wrong but if you own the previous gen copy of the game, you will ge to play the next gen version for free?

Given that copies of the old game is supee cheap, I doubt that the game.will retail for $50 - the exception is if they have done a major refresh and added new missions.
I think he has the PC version which already has all the features the console versions are supposed to get. He just doesn’t have a powerful enough GPU to take full advantage of it.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
Wohoo! That's six hours from now. I guess they will be showing of the version and talking us through all the changes that they have made.

Fingers crossed we will be delighted. Roll on to 2nd play through!

Reactions: Donfor39

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Looks like the next gen upgrades might be being announced on the stream tomorrow. With Horizon Forbidden West coming out Friday it will be a while until I try it. :D
They probably would be best served to avoid releasing CP77 in close proximity of Horizon Forbidden West.

andy2141

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2010
UK
Downloading the next gen update on my Series X now!

I got the game when it was first released but gave up on it after a few hours. Actually looking forward to giving it another crack.. this time with some extra lipstick.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
I have had a quick play on my Series X plugged to an LG C1:

Driving: NAILED IT. The vehicles feel all different and enjoyable to drive. Dynamics and feel isn't too dissimilar to a decent arcade racer. Cars no longer feel like loose or sloppy to drive.

Unfortunately driving lacks application. Neither the Police nor enemies engage in car chases. This makes driving lack thrill, theater and purpose.

NPC behaviour: Not perfect but a big improvement in variety and response to your behaviour.

Pop-in: 90% resolved. Doesn't feel like I am playing an Alpha.

Graphics: If you have played Forza Horizon 5 or Halo Infinite, "Next Gen" CP2077 looks more like Optimised for Series X/S. It's still noticeably behind PC in eye candy. You won't be dissapointed but it's not proper next gen.

Ray tracing, resolution and detail doesn't stand out to the extent that it's worth sacrificing 60fps.

Conclusion: It's early days but it seems like the new game is more of a polish than a revamp. Undecided about whether I should do another play through or sell the game and wait for the sequel.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018

Driving: NAILED IT. The vehicles feel all different and enjoyable to drive. Dynamics and feel isn't too dissimilar to a decent arcade racer. Cars no longer feel like loose or sloppy to drive.
That's great to hear. In the initial release I kept driving past my turns.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Undecided about whether I should do another play through or sell the game and wait for the sequel.
Wait…there’s a rumored sequel? If there is, I would make a strong guesstimate that’s probably five years or longer before we see that, if we see a sequel that is. I’m not saying there shouldn’t be one, but this is a developer that usually doesn’t put out releases ‘every couple years’.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
or sell the game and wait for the sequel.
If there is a sequel, it won't see the light of day for probably another 5 years, as they'll be dedicated to rolling out the next version of the witcher

Wait…there’s a rumored sequel?
CDPR has made no bones about wanting to continue the world of Cyberpunk, and view it as a platform to produce new IP. For what I've read, they're really proud of what they produced, they're just embarrassed at the execution and of course down right lies, but as a post apocalyptic world, its rich enough to keep producing new games.

On another note, I can play CP77 as a trial, so I'm going to give it a whirl on my Xbox x. I downloaded it last night and I'll fire the bad boy up later today. Its on "sale" for the time being at 30 bucks - I may be willing to part with 30 dollars

Last edited:
Reactions: 44267547

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Downloaded the 1.5 patch, still PS4 version, after 30 minutes of trying and searching I found on Reddit that a bug is preventing many European users to upgrade to the PS5 version. Ah well, F this. I’ll try again somewhere after the summer when my backlog might be a little lighter.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I subscribe to these guys, they tend to offer very balanced but forthright news and information. They're really positive on the update, and how it actually improved the game. Basically they're saying this what CDPR should have released 14 months ago.

I haven't yet fired it up on my Xbox X, I'll probably do that later today.

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
I played a little last night after updating to 1.5. Looks like there was a performance jump. The new run benchmark feature is cool. The traffic seems to be better... no parked cars for no reason on the highways. The game does look great... endured the glitches, but I got tired of the bugs and quit until made improvements. Update looks promising... I'll probably restart the game to get used to the game play again, then continue where I left off.

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland

Unfortunately driving lacks application. Neither the Police nor enemies engage in car chases. This makes driving lack thrill, theater and purpose.

NPC behaviour: Not perfect but a big improvement in variety and response to your behaviour.

Pop-in: 90% resolved. Doesn't feel like I am playing an Alpha.

Graphics: If you have played Forza Horizon 5 or Halo Infinite, "Next Gen" CP2077 looks more like Optimised for Series X/S. It's still noticeably behind PC in eye candy. You won't be dissapointed but it's not proper next gen.

Ray tracing, resolution and detail doesn't stand out to the extent that it's worth sacrificing 60fps.

Conclusion: It's early days but it seems like the new game is more of a polish than a revamp. Undecided about whether I should do another play through or sell the game and wait for the sequel.
Thanks only today starting 62 gb update..hopefully slightly faster as went from Sky 50mb Fibre to VM 200mb Fibre recently.

I'm still debating how often to use Panasonic oled 120hz as this of course when used with X Series stops RT.

Excellent point you mention, I'm going to view RT myself and decide from there.

Thanks

Reactions: erayser

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I've played through most of the 3 hours of free play that the Xbox demo provides. Given the involved story telling in the beginning, I didn't get too far. Just the first main quest, and going back to my apartment for the first time. I have a little time left and I'll use that to poke around in the city.

So far what I have found has largely been positive. One thing that reviewers mentioned as a positive (and it kind of is) is the decreased amount of stuff to loot laying about. Having so much crap, you focus on hoarding and it impacts immersiveness. I kind of liked all of that stuff, as I could hoard it, and then resell it, but I get the point and I won't disagree. You spend more time in the story then just looking around to get stuff.

AI fight mechanics are improved from the last time I played.

Performance on the Xbox X has been excellent, I didn't do a side by side comparison, as the game is no longer on my PC. Overall though I'm really pleased with the visuals.

Overall, for what little I played, its been a fun experience.

Its still too early to say how this will fair for CDPR, but the early reports on steam show a nice upward progression. I think having 48k of players on steam alone is a very positive result

1645356239473.png

delsoul

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2014
I've had the game since new and played it a little when I first got it, then it sat for a while...then played it a ton, now I'm taking a break from it again. It really bothered me when they did the skill points reset after the update. it's nice to be able to place them where I want them to for 'free', but I also can't fully recall how many points I had where I originally had them. Kind of just done with going back through it again to get the character back to how I want it.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
At this junction, my neighbor was trying to convince me to play Cyberpunk again for a second time. I even put it in my cart to re-purchase it, but then after a few minutes of contemplating it……………Nah.

I’m not contributing any more money towards a product that should’ve been finished properly the first time. And I’m not referring just to basic ‘software updates’ that every developer puts out within the first 90 days or so for stability & performance, but CDPR made a critical error by releasing a game that doesn’t deserve a second chance from gamers who are under the expectation that a product that was so heavily hyped for years, should’ve been ready at the time they said it was.

I’m not saying the game hasn’t improved, because I know it has with technical and performance considerations, however; I don’t believe in second chances with deception under the guise that marketing ploys sold this game, not the actual gameplay.

No Man’s Sky is another example as well in the same category by ‘Hello Games’. But that took a massive turnaround, because the board of directors actually hired outside developers to reconstruct and revamp the entire gaming spectrum of what that title was intended to be.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.