iPad Cydia icon is gone

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high
I closed it after it said "could damage something" basically. As soon as I closed it, the Cydia icon disappeared. This is on an iPad 1
THanks

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
you have ifile or SSH installed? if so download last Cydia release and with ifunbox or similar file explorer put it on the phone, now use ifile to install or put in /var/root/Cydia/AutoInstall and reboot.

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high
I know, old thread bump, but I'm got iFunBox and am gonna look through the files. I'll let you know what I find.

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high
I have something called "Cydia.app" inside system applications, using iFunBox. How do I restore it back? HELP!!!

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high
And I reset it by sticking a toothpick inside that tiny "reset" hole? Wanna make sure...:cool: APRIL FOOLS LOLZIES

Last edited:

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high
NM, I reset it using the reset feature in general<reset<reset all settings and erase all data> so luxurious...:D iPad in the process of being reset right now.

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high
You have to restore using iTunes
That's a big no no when jailbroken. You must restore with iTunes.
But my only option is "restoring from last backup" which isn't far enough to where Cydia went missing. My iPad was just sitting there for hours with the turning looptie loo thing so I did a hard restart. Didn't break anything on the iPad, but the iPad is exactly the same.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
But my only option is "restoring from last backup" which isn't far enough to where Cydia went missing. My iPad was just sitting there for hours with the turning looptie loo thing so I did a hard restart. Didn't break anything on the iPad, but the iPad is exactly the same.
Because you used erase all content and settings, you likely deleted system files. Even if you get the iPad to boot and it looks normal, you're almost guaranteed to have issues. There's always a chance it'll be ok, but odds are, you'll have to restore via iTunes. Good luck. Hopefully you can salvage your jailbreak.

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high
Because you used erase all content and settings, you likely deleted system files. Even if you get the iPad to boot and it looks normal, you're almost guaranteed to have issues. There's always a chance it'll be ok, but odds are, you'll have to restore via iTunes. Good luck. Hopefully you can salvage your jailbreak.
I tried restoring with last backup via itunes but it didnt work

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high
Even when trying in DFU mode?
never mind, I figured it out. I was on the wrong page. Restored the iPad to brand new. Moves so quickly now...so could you point me in the right direction for a tutorial on re-jailbreaking with redsnow? I used Absinthe last time...