cydia question.... ERROR

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bw1128, Aug 3, 2010.

1. bw1128 macrumors 6502a

How Can I Get Rid Of This Error That Pops Up Everytime I Open Cydia?

Attached Files:

2. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

You can't except to wait until there's not a bazillion people hammering the servers constantly. Keep trying, it'll work eventually.

3. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

still

its still doing it. everytime i open cydia. i tried to add that source but it errored out, and doesnt seem to be a way to get rid off the source attempted.

Attached Files:

4. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

aww, someone please help. this is soo annoying for this pop up everytime i enter cydia.

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

you just have to wait, there is nothing else wrong but the server are busy.

Remember this are 'donations' maintained servers, unless you donate enough to keep a full dedicated server up and running with massive bandwidth all you can do is wait

6. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

Yea i have the same thing, i entered a wrong source and it keeps pooping up saying error for a misspelled source :mad:

7. bella92108 macrumors 68000

No, the issue isn't that the server is busy... there's a glitch in Cydia that when you add a source that's mis-spelled, or a source that's buggy and then delete it, it really doesn't delete, because even if you remove it from source list, and remove all apps from the source out of packages, it still tries to check that source, causing the error on every Cydia load.

This was an issue back in the 3.0 days but it got fixed, so not sure what's going on that it's back, but it is.... so stop trying to say it's because servers are busy... add http://cydia.yourmomisugly.com/repo, then delete it, and see how "busy" the servers are then... it'll do the same thing. Sources that are deleted don't get deleted, so the OP is asking for an alternative way to stop cydia from checking long-gone sources.

8. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

When you add a source, cydia goes and check the url you just enter if it cannot reach a valid repository it doesn't let you add it.

Unless the repo have been move i don't see that happening.

9. BostonApple macrumors newbie

Try rebooting your device. If that doesn't work, try turning off your WiFi and logging on with 3G.

10. bella92108 macrumors 68000

It happens. How about you try and do it. Cause I just did and it works fine.

11. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i have done everything, i disabled it in rock and cant find the source in cydia since it was never a good repo. i have rebooted and everything, switched from wifi to 3g for hte last 2 days and still everytime i open cydia this happens. it doesnt affect anyting, but still very annoying.

12. bella92108 macrumors 68000

+1 from me on this one... annoying as hell.

13. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

I had this exact same error with that exact same repo, I followed this guide to fix it and haven't seen that error since so it does work LINK

14. bella92108 macrumors 68000

i'm on the edge of my seat waiting for a link to "this guide"

oops missed the link

15. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

It's ok mate, you didn't miss it, I'm just a moron and forgot to actually post it the first time round lol

16. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Well I am sorry it doesn't work for you, but i did tried, if i put the wrong URL this is what Cydia tells you.

[​IMG]

17. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Get rid of troublesome Cydia source

Remove Cydia Sources through SSH. Open SSH must be installed on phone.

If you added a source that causes Cydia to crash, this is the thread for you. This will help you remove the buggy source you added.

You will need an ftp/sftp client. [WinSCP for Windows/Cyberduck for Mac]

1. SSH into your iPhone/iPod, hopefully you know how to do that.

2. Go to the root of your iPhone/iPod [/].

3. Navigate to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cydia.list

4. Download the Cydia.list to your computer and open it using any text editor.

5. Delete the source you added. For example, "deb http://www.iphone.org.hk/apt/ ./" if this is the source you want to delete, simply delete that one line. NOT THE WHOLE DOCUMENT. Make sure you save the document as is. We are NOT adding any extensions.

6. Drag the saved document into the sources.list.d folder and replace the file.

7. Re-spring.

18. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

did you use transmit or cyerduck? did you paid for it?

19. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

I used the free version of cyberduck

20. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i actually dont know how to ssh. im d/l cyberduck on my macbook now, what do i need on my iphone? is this done usb or wifi?

21. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

CyberDuck is shareware. You are not forced to donate to use it.

22. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

It's done via wi-fi and the only thing you need to download on your phone is OpenSSH which can be found in Cydia

23. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Sorry, thought that there was a free and a paid version

24. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i got openssh in cydia but now cant find it on my iphone4

25. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

There is no app or settings menu for it, if you have installed it then you are good to go, if you do want to turn it on and ff once you have finished fixing your Cydia error then you can just use SBSettings, alternatively you can just uninstall it when you are down with the guide if you don't plan on SSHing into your phone again