Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

topmounter

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
FEMA Region VIII
My iPhone and one of my AppleTV devices is requiring me to login in and/or unlock my account on an almost daily basis. I have three AppleTVs (one 4K, two HD) and this only occurs on one of the HD models. My iPhone is an XS Max. All devices are running the latest production version of IOS / TVOS. I'm not getting any security alerts or emails notifying me of login attempts.

Any ideas on what might be going on and how to get it to stop asking me to login in so frequently?

Reactions: briankeith513

briankeith513

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
My iPhone and one of my AppleTV devices is requiring me to login in and/or unlock my account on an almost daily basis. I have three AppleTVs (one 4K, two HD) and this only occurs on one of the HD models. My iPhone is an XS Max. All devices are running the latest production version of IOS / TVOS. I'm not getting any security alerts or emails notifying me of login attempts.

Any ideas on what might be going on and how to get it to stop asking me to login in so frequently?
I'm getting the same thing with my ipad and iphone. No idea what would cause this. Very very irritating

topmounter

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
FEMA Region VIII
I'm getting the same thing with my ipad and iphone. No idea what would cause this. Very very irritating
Well maybe it is not just me then and they'll fix it. I just got my second login request of the day on my iPhone, at least it didn't lock my account this time. Very strange.

I am having a pretty rough time with my Apple products lately, I'm also having problems with Big Sur on my 2018 Mac Mini which has hard crashed at least a half dozen times since upgrading. I just updated to 11.1 so hopefully that fixes that issue.

Reactions: briankeith513

briankeith513

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I'm wondering if that might have something to do with it -- as in some intestinal or unintentional process that keeps on hitting accounts that don't have 2FA enabled.

We’ll see. If that’s the case, I’d think that there would a lot more complaints going around.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
We’ll see. If that’s the case, I’d think that there would a lot more complaints going around.
Possibly, but at the same time many people are using 2FA either because they elected to or it got enabled for them essentially by default at some point. So that cuts down on those who might be affected. Out of those who aren't using 2FA it's possible this isn't something that's hitting all of them or hitting them too often, and for those that do experience it, many might just keep on logging in and not thinking too much about it or at least not enough to post somewhere about it.

That said, it's just a thought based on some reports of this sort of thing that have been appearing more recently:

Last edited:

briankeith513

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Possibly, but at the same time many people are using 2FA either because they elected to or it got enabled for them essentially by default at some point. So that cuts down on those who might be affected. Out of those who aren't using 2FA it's possible this isn't soothing that's hitting everyone or hitter them too often, and for those that do experience many might just keep on logging in and not thinking too much about it or at least not enough to post somewhere about it.

That said, it's just a thought based on some reports of this sort of thing that have been around:

Interesting, thanks

PhilaPHL

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2016
Adding to the complaints similar issues for the last week, incredibly annoying. 2FA is on and has been since it was an option. this isnt a sustainable situation, at some point will look at alternatives. not an apple troll but wish the company would concentrate on the user experience and stability more than new emojis. one of the only tech companies I trust and quality has gone to Schiet.

niho

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2019
My experience with a similar issue; I've gave one of my old phones to an elder relative. There were some apps there which were installed using my apple id. So whenever ios tries to update those apps, the phone asks for my password randomly, but my relative enter's his password, ending up locking my account every a few months. When I figured that, I've deleted those apps from his phone and reinstalled using his apple id.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.