Damaged My MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by paddykev, Nov 25, 2007.

1. paddykev macrumors member

paddykev

Hi folks,
    I've recently had an accident with my MBP 2.1ghz c2d 15" falling out of my laptop case from my desk. I've included some pics to show the damage caused, overt your eyes if you are sensitive about these types of things...

I basically just wanted to get some advice from folks on ordering replacement parts from the UK. I don't have Apple Care and even if i did self stupidity isn't covered by it lol.
    I saw the website: http://www.welovemacs.com/9227932.html and was wondering if hypothetically you were in this situation would you go ahead and order the part from this website or does anyone know of a different website that would offer the same part from the UK.
    I'd just like to say i live in Northern Ireland and don't really want to have to ship the laptop off to some company to get repairs and would be happy and confident enough to carry out the repairs.
    I know the laptop isn't brand spanking new at this point and so spending hundreds of pounds is out of the question but everything else is working fine with the laptop, screen is perfect, superdrive is fine, no problems apart from the comestic stand point.

Anyways any advice would be appreicated. Cheers.

Attached Files:

2. macdim macrumors 6502

Does that small amount of damage really bother you? If it is working fine and you can live with cosmetic damage, I'd say just live with it. Obviously if you're thinking about this, it may bother you, but I would live with it (and not look at it too often).

3. nutman macrumors regular

basically, unless you want to remove your logic board, hard drive, and ect, you are looking at a whole new bottom casing. the genius bar replaced it for me when they screwed up my bottom casing and the cost was over a thousand dollars. (usd that is). not really worth it in my opinion. but since they offered to do it for free, it was a different story for me.

4. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

5. macanudo macrumors regular

macanudo

The same result happened to mine - right above the release button on the front. Besides a cosmetic thing, the release button works just fine. It's been 5 months and no problems...

6. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Might not be covered by AppleCare, but by your home insurance. Give them a call and see what they say.

7. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a

DesignerOnMac

I have purchased parts from welovemacs......

For $199.00 plus shipping, I think this is a good deal. If you have the parts and can take the bottom off, my hats off to you. I took apart a 17" PowerBook, and some of the parts were scary! took twice as long as i thought it would, but since it was my friends PowerBook I did not want to mess it up.

I'd do it for $199.00....