Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
I think it would be much more problematic if they had announced some hardware refreshes/upgrades without mentioning the Mac Pro. But since they actually said nothing about any of their hardware, my assumption is that it will come some time later and it will include the nMP. When is anyone's guess I suppose. A WWDC announcement was always nothing more than rumors. But we started to believe them like they were a reality. The fact that they didn't announce new hardware last monday doesn't mean they won't.

Nothing in 3 years is a bit baffling I totally agree. But I'm just trying to stay optimistic ;)
I don't expect too much from rumors as I understand that it's.....rumors. Lot of times rumors from MR or any rumor sites had been pretty good but lately it kinda went off track especially from Macworld.uk. I noticed that there are people are willing to wait for Mac Pro even if it takes decade....I call that hardcore apple fan.

Cineplex

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2016
That depends. You started this thread asking for Apple to provide a replacement for hardware they've discontinued with their next OS release. What if Apple never does so? Despite your, or anyone elses, preference for Macintosh / OS X if Apple doesn't update the Mac Pro you'll have no choice but to find an alternative solution.

SGI is a prime example...great hardware and a great OS. But they're no longer viable these days. Those who loved and used SGI's had no choice but to move off the platform. Mac professionals could be facing a similar fate. At over 900 days without an update if I were using a Mac Pro professionally I would be examining other solutions. Windows would be one of those solutions. A solution which is not nearly the problem some Mac users make it out to be.
The writing is on the wall for the Mac Pro. I've already moved off the Mac for professional work and I've been a Mac user since the black and white Macs. You can get a PC right now for $1200 that will blow the door off the Mac Pro. Windows 10 is actually a very good OS and seems a bit more clean than the current iteration of OS X. I have had zero problems.

I was also an SGI user for a time and IRIX was a fantastic OS. I think IRIX was probably the best UNIX variant ever created. I still have my Octane2 kicking around as I still find it one of my favorite computers of all time. At least SGI dropped workstations all together and exited the market, Apple is just beating its users down with a bat and killing them slowly while sucking all the money they can out of their wallets.

Reactions: mw360 and pat500000
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.