Damn, I Got Screwed by Apple, Twice.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by itisme1760, Jun 12, 2009.

1. itisme1760 macrumors 6502

Now I kind of wished I had bought this Macbook Pro (Late 2008) after my graduation. Apple screwed me twice with their two updates they did. In November, I bought the 2.53Ghz Macbook Pro ($2499). In early 2009, they bump up the processors of the same model to 2.66Ghz. Now, after WWDC, they bump up the top level 15in to 2.8Ghz and that new battery sounds sweet (AND that SD slot).

Damn...just damn.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Welcome to the wonderful world of technology. You didn't get screwed by anyone.

Buy a ExpressCard/34 SD card.

3. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

you didn't get screwed, your computer got updated. if you don't like yours, sell it at a loss, and get the new one. you bought what you wanted when it was the latest and greatest. now it isn't. accept the fast pace of technology and especially Apple refreshes.

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

They didn't screw you, they updated their products to reflect more current technology. It's how they stay in business and not personal.

Looking at it your way, I got screwed many times over. I bought a white MB in 2006 when the C2D was introduced. They've updated it how many times since then? If I'd known, I would have waited.

5. lixuelai macrumors 6502a

6. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

I can't believe people have the audacity to create posts saying they got screwed by Apple just because Apple released new products and now the OP has the older model. Who's bad was that?? Hmm?? That's so ludicrous. :rolleyes:

7. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

November. June. Seven months. 10% increase in CPU.:rolleyes:

Yep. You got screwed. You should sue.

8. Ploki macrumors 68020

how people are different. if i were you id get an ExpressCard SD slot and an extra battery pack :D
    and i dont feel screwed at all, couldnt have done what i did in these 7 months i had it... i dont regret one bit i didnt buy it later, i didnt with the 2.66 speed bump, and to be honest, i do even less now...
    and guess what, we have the exact same mbp. :)
    im actually glad to see apple is doing okay, because i enjoy their products and would regret if they went out of business.

9. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

Don't post stupid things like this. You screwed yourself by not accepting what happened.

10. itisme1760 thread starter macrumors 6502

While I was on hold with Apple, I wrote the post above. Now I'm done talking with them and they are sending me one of their new ones!

Now I wish someone would delete this thread.

Edit: But what I meant by screwed is that they normally refresh their laptops once a year. It hasn't even been a year yet, but they did it twice! How unpredictable Apple is sometimes.

11. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Let this be a lesson to everyone: Whine and you'll get what you want. :rolleyes:

12. Ploki macrumors 68020

for free, after 7 months?
    tell me you are paying at least 200$ for it...

dont think im jealous.. i wouldnt trade mine, i have it setup nicely and could not afford doing it all over again and being without it for a week...
    and someone now say apple has crappy costumer service.
    someone gets a new laptop because his model gets updates.
    have to check if that works with cars.
    "hey <insert a brand here>, i got screwed, i bought a <insert a model> last year and now you released new one! i was screwed, you shouldnt release new one! can i get the new model now? ive only driven somewhat 50.000miles with it"

13. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Out of curiosity, what did you say to Apple in order for them to send you one of the new ones? I can't imagine what kind of company would go out of their way to send you a new MBP after 7 months of ownership. Unless you've been having issues with the old model, I can't think of why they would do such a thing.

14. chriszzz macrumors 6502

No matter how much people complain about Apple not updating their products frequently enough, there is always someone doing the exact opposite.

You didn't get screwed. You purchased a machine and it got updated.

Do you complain the year after you buy a car that (insert car manufacturer) screwed you? Or that EA screwed you because they are coming out with Madden 10 this year, right after you bought Madden 09? Or maybe you should b*tch out some musicians because they are putting out yet another album!

15. Ploki macrumors 68020

im so glad nobody listens to your kind, if they would, we would still be using tubes instead of transistors.
    not that i have a problem with tubes, i like them, but we would be using them for different reasons...
    i really hope OP had serious problems with his MBP...
    although, this post still holds for the way the thread is written.

i wonder what he does with his that he needs ALL THE POWAH (0.27ghz)

16. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

exactly

why does the op have trouble accepting this?

17. HowEver macrumors 6502a

HowEver

What did he say? His credit card number.

18. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I am guessing there is more to this story than we know

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

19. Ploki macrumors 68020

yeah probably, but thread as it is written is prone to 4 pages of flaming by default without anyone even reading anything

20. harcosparky macrumors 68020

I Screwed Apple !!!!!!!!!

Using the OP's logic ....

I SCREWED APPLE before they could screw me!!!!!!

I bought my 15" MBP 3 weeks before WWDC

Screw you Apple - I'll be damned if you are gonna get my REPLACEABLE BATTERY and my EXPRESS CARD SLOT !!!!!

They can have my fantastic MBP when they pry if from my cold dead fingers !!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

21. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

The cycle is pretty consistently 8 months from the buyer's guide - pretty amazing you got Apple to bump you up one. So what did you actually say to get this? I guess a few others would be interested to hear!

22. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

While it is pointless to complain, I understand his frustration. It is most likely more related to the fact that he paid $1050 more than the same model is going for as a refurb today.

This is exactly why some people only buy used cars and refurb'd Macs :)

Cheers,

23. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

i hope you have decided to start using condoms whenever you go to the Apple store ...

24. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

WTF? :confused:

OP it sucks that Apple screwed you. What I did when I bought my MB Air is I made an employee with Apple shake on the fact that there would be no upgrades for at least one year. You should have shook on it. :rolleyes:

25. Burnsey macrumors 6502a

I too was screwed by Apple, I bought my MBP late 2006, late 2007 they update it, and if that wasnt bad enough, they update it again in early 2008. Then they give me the finger and give the pro UNIBODY in late 2008, and now for the same price as what I paid for mine I could get a 3ghz C2D Unibody MBP.
    I hate apple :mad:

WARNING: please turn sarcasm detection on.