Dang it, bought Halo w/no key code

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by joepunk, Jul 26, 2008.

1. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Found Halo (mac version) for $4 from a local used bookstore. Unfortunately it had no cd key code with it. Looks like I might plead/beg Microsoft for one.

2. muldul macrumors 6502

Good luck with that, but i don't think they will. I would try and get my $4 back

3. chas0001 macrumors 6502a

chas0001

I am sure that there are ways to get around this problem. Not that I would endorse them. At the end of the day, what do you expect for $4.

4. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

Macsoft can't - I asked. I for one would endorse the "ways to get around this problem." After all, you paid for the software. If you buy a used CD, or a used OS X install disc, that's legit. It's not like games should be the only exception where you're buying a key, not the program.

5. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

6. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I would consider the key as an essential part of any software purchase. In fact some companies like Blizzard consider that the purchasable part of the game under certain circumstances. Maybe this is a good inexpensive lesson?

7. joepunk thread starter macrumors 68030

joepunk

Maybe a lesson to be learned under different circumstances or could you elaborate a bit more perhaps. it's 3am @ home, Just getting back from a Block Party/Concert in Seattle and my head kind of hurts. The game was a used copy and I purchased it used. Granted I took my chances but for the price of one burger @ McDonalds now a days what do I expect.

Anyway, *cough* it works *cough*