Dark Area in Top Right Corner

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xenaki, Nov 8, 2018.

1. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Dark upper right hand corner here. And a more faint band of darkness all along the right edge.

2. superamit macrumors newbie

Me too :( Faint band of darkness along right edge when held in portrait, with top and bottom right corners behind most pronounced.

Took it to the store and they couldn’t see it. It’s subtle, but definitely there. To their credit, they offered to replace it, but I looked at the iPads on the floor, and every one had the issue, more or less.

Anyone found one that doesn’t?

3. dazz87 macrumors 65816

dazz87

wow thats bad........ apple is on a roll lately.......

4. GerAlex73 macrumors member

Every 11" that I had in my hands has this problem, some more and some less.
    The problem is not so big with the 12.9 "devices, but again it's easy to see if you know what to look for.
    It is only annoying when you surf in portrait mode, I think at least. If the background is not white, then it does not bother.
    if you do not want to live with it, then swap the device over and over again, I have my third 11 "ipad and it's still like that, so you'll probably need to swap a lot of times.
    If you have an Apple store near you, go in and check all the ipads, you'll see that all 11 "have the problem and sometimes the 12.9".

5. garranhado macrumors newbie

garranhado

My iPad Pro 11’ too, dark corner spots. Notices sometimes and during scrolling with white background color.
    Looks better when not using Smart Folio.. has this issue caused by magnetics?

Overall, it does not bother, but for a 909€ device...

6. Neuronum macrumors newbie

Neuronum

Same here. iPad Pro 11, dark upper right corner. For a long time, I still feal uncomfortable with it.

7. oarx macrumors member

I'm not sure if I have what you guys are talking about or a variation of it.

My 11" looks fine when seen straight on, but when I tilt it at an angle away from me, I have darker area along the edge on the top right corner.

Attached Files: