Dark corner - 6S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Droidzoid, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Droidzoid Suspended

Droidzoid

My phone seems okay at normal brightness but the moment I open the control centre from the bottom and the screen has a dark overlay I noticed that the top right corner of my phone has a dark spot of some kind. Is this common?

I've adjusted the contrast to better see the corner.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

Does it bother you or show up in normal use? It looks pretty insignificant to me but if you are still under warranty take it in and show Apple.

3. Droidzoid thread starter Suspended

Droidzoid

Not really but I'm gonna run out of warranty in two months. I don't know if it's worth the lottery game. I was just curious if this was a common occurrence and present on most 6S to some degree.

4. Powermax macrumors regular

I had a similar dark spot at the upper left corner of my 6S. I sent it to Apple and the installed a new display.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

6. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

It took me awhile but it's as far as you can go in the corner in the top left. A slight black smudge on the very edge.

7. Domen151 macrumors regular

My 6S Plus has similar darker spot but its less visible as yours, and I didn't take it back. If it bothers you, then replace it. And a lot of 6S’s have this issue (or similar ones, like the dark/light ’wave’ just under the top bezel), there were some threads about it last year...

8. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Ah! Found it. Not sure if I would take a chance for that but it is the OP that has to live with it . . . .or not.

9. Droidzoid thread starter Suspended

Droidzoid

10. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Jimmy James

I have the exact same issue on the top right of my 6. It looks identical.

11. FoxMike macrumors member

Might as well get a new replacement. If they are lazy they will give you a new phone which means a new battery. And less hours.

12. Droidzoid thread starter Suspended

Droidzoid

I just realized I have applecare. Which gives me another year of warranty. I'll pull this exchange trigger in a few months now. :)

13. Droidzoid thread starter Suspended

Droidzoid

14. se95dah macrumors member

se95dah

15. Droidzoid thread starter Suspended

Droidzoid

No dust - its just dark. I dont see any dark spots or particles.

16. chrisu91 macrumors regular

Same thing happened to my 6S. Had the screen replaced twice for this exact issue.

17. Droidzoid thread starter Suspended

Droidzoid

Thats my biggest concern. If I start with the replacement game or the screen changing game - I might get something thats worse.

18. smorrissey macrumors 65816

Interesting i have the same color spot on my ipod touch 6 but a little bigger almost on the middle of the screen. It seems like a burn spot.

19. nickelro macrumors member

I'd say it's a pretty common issue because I used to have this same top left corner issue on my 6 and also on my 6s Plus later on. On both devices the problem was not initially present, but appeared after a few months of usage. Two months ago I went to Apple's Authorized Service with my 6s Plus and they initially replaced the display. But sadly the same issue (to a lower extent) came back only a week after. I brought the device back in and they swapped it as a whole for me, and that time there was a speck of dust laying between the glass panel and the LCD.. bummer.
    Bottom line, being tired of the service process already, that was the moment when I decided to move on to the 7 Plus.

20. Droidzoid thread starter Suspended

Droidzoid

Thanks! I am now considering keeping it instead of trying my luck at the lottery.

21. Droidzoid thread starter Suspended

Droidzoid

I've had an iphone since the 4 series. The 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6 and now the 6S. I've never had any issues until the 6 I had. I had to get my latest 6S replaced due to dust in the top left corner and now my replacement has a slightly dark corner in the upper left of the screen. Here is a picture that kinda indicates the issue from a poster from another thread :

http://i.imgur.com/iWj1ccu.jpg and here is picture of my phone with contrast adjusted http://i.imgur.com/YfoG0J6.jpg

How has your experience been with the screen quality over the years? Am I just being too OCD? Are these levels of artificats expected in any screen?

Thanks!!

22. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

Wow that's bad quality right there. Computer or tv screen manufacturers sometimes would deny and say that's within normal perimeters. But I think Apple wouldn't give you any trouble for it. Was this the same repaired phone, or a new one?

23. Droidzoid thread starter Suspended

Droidzoid

A new one. Searching the forum is showing this issue to be fairly common. :/

24. Droidzoid thread starter Suspended

Droidzoid

I went to a service center. They apparently couldn't see the problem.

25. Droidzoid thread starter Suspended

Droidzoid