Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ventmore

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
How can anyone defend it is beyond me.
You don't even have the handset, but sure......I guess I should believe you over the poster I've quoted below who is clearly lying! :rolleyes:

Owner of a new matte black iPhone 7 chiming in: the screen of my iPhone 7 is brighter than my 6S, with similar settings, and the colors are indeed better (richer, IMO). I'm loving the display, it is a step up from 6S. It is pretty close to my iPad Pro 9.7", which doesn't have True Tone turned on. And no sign of any "yellowing" here.

Glad you're enjoying you're new phone mate......can't wait to get my hands on a 7 plus :)

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
This is simply incredible. Not only iPhone 7 is not bringing any new groundbreaking features,
it's actually built using the cheapest components without any QC...
Claims of the new "25% brighter screen" and "the best camera ever in a smartphone" -
in reality it's the opposite. In my dictionary it's called "lying". How about the sapphire glass
which seems to be impossible to find?
Looks like the only thing Apple cares about is profit. As if it wasn't enough for them to have
the highest return on the iPhone, they decided to make it even cheaper...
Surprised people still want those phones NOW. Maybe wait till they fix at least some of those issues.
This is really getting funny, now it's a "dark yellow" screen. :p

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
Yeah, I upgraded from the 6 plus to the 7 plus. I put both on the highest brightness and opened a blank page in Notes and held them up side by side and the screen on the 6+ was brighter.
I'm not seeing the 25% more brightness at all which I was kinda excited about.:confused::confused::confused:

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
I think I will be sticking with my iPhone 6s Plus.

Still runs like a dream.

I had a 6S for a couple of weeks late this summer and if I owned a 6S I don't think I'd be upgrading now, either. I was really impressed by how much faster it did everything than my 6. With the 7 coming up about a month later, I decided to hold off for the 7, mostly because if you're making a fresh "buy/hold" decision going with the most current generation makes more sense. If I had a 6S, though, my conclusion would be that I didn't really *need* anything the 7 offers, though the near-waterproof build might be tempting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.