Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Hey guys I had my screen replaced by Apple for a new one ( old one was washed out ) This one is Brilliant!!!! :D I was just noticing there are two dashes of light coming through the bottom part of the black bezel, they are equidistant from each other ( see attached pics ) with the MacBook Pro logo in between. I barely noticed them now, they caught my eye for some reason, and NO it's not the reflection off the keyboard haha. Anyone else see this on theirs? I don't care, I'm not gonna exchange it or anything, just a weird observation. SORRY FOR MY CACA CAMERA PICS

Attachments

• DSC00603.JPG
    DSC00603.JPG
    740.6 KB · Views: 207
  • DSC00605.JPG
    DSC00605.JPG
    737.9 KB · Views: 143

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Please circle them, I can't see it...

SORRY my camera is really crappy in low light :eek:

Here... Yeah I know I have to really look down eye to bezel to see it, but I am not complaining PROMISE! haha just hadn't noticed it before

Attachments

• DSC00603.jpg
    DSC00603.jpg
    880.4 KB · Views: 109

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2003
I would return it. It should be perfect.

By keeping it you're only letting Apple know you're okay receiving a subpar product.

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
I guess I would if I had an APPLE STORE here! :( but I don't I'd have to send it back again through the mail and I really don't have time.

Signal-11

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2008
2nd Star to the Right
Looking at that picture, I would say that's more of a smidgen than a dash.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it now but if it becomes a tad more than a pinch, I'd start worrying.

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Looking at that picture, I would say that's more of a smidgen than a dash.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it now but if it becomes a tad more than a pinch, I'd start worrying.

I'm not :D I have a great machine, just weird I never noticed that, anyone know what would cause that? and isn't weird they are on equal sides of each other?

5280m

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2009
the light looks like the reflection from the back-lit keyboard on the glass display.
Try turning the keyboard brightness down and see what that does for you.

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
the light looks like the reflection from the back-lit keyboard on the glass display.
Try turning the keyboard brightness down and see what that does for you.

yeah that's the first thing I checked before posting :D

Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
UPDATE:

I went to the Apple Store today and they said that those slits on the bezel are made to grip the glass. Only laptops with glass screens will have those dashes of light through the bezel. I did NOT get a replacement though.

davidjearly

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
UPDATE:

I went to the Apple Store today and they said that those slits on the bezel are made to grip the glass. Only laptops with glass screens will have those dashes of light through the bezel. I did NOT get a replacement though.

My MBP has a glass display and there are no dashes of light coming through.

They're talking, well, poo.

davidjearly

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
Typically, people who tell others on an internet forum to get laid aren't likely to be getting any themselves.

In any case, mature comment.

EDIT: Actually, I think that is particularly funny coming from someone who has devised names for their MacBook Pro and iPhone. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.