Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
sorry but what a shallow question

All things considering, did you see their sig?
- Understand that a pretty face is more than a gift, it's a tool.
:rolleyes:

I could care less what the man I date owns, so long as he can hold his own financially and is happy. I could care less what he has, what he gives me, and what he doesn't have.

I would make a poll out of this and be sure that "wasteland" is one of the options.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level

yea and whats the point?

anjinha

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA
You guys totally missed my point.

For me it's a plus if I guy I date has a mac or at least likes apple products in the same way it's a plus if he likes a certain type of books or music.

Where I live there's still a lot of prejudice against macs and iPods (people say they're too expensive, don't have enough features or software, etc) so it's a plus if a guy I date knows better than that. Plus I think most apple fans are very smart and creative.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I dont really care what kind of computer they use lol. thats the last thing on my mind when deciding who to date. and besides that would limit your choices to like 3% of computer users and furthermore only like 1.5% of females. I dont like those odds at all.

anjinha

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA
I dont really care what kind of computer they use lol. thats the last thing on my mind when deciding who to date. and besides that would limit your choices to like 3% of computer users and furthermore only like 1.5% of females. I dont like those odds at all.

What I meant wasn't if you only date mac users, but if it's a plus if someone is a mac user or someone who likes macs and apple products.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
You guys totally missed my point.

For me it's a plus if I guy I date has a mac or at least likes apple products in the same way it's a plus if he likes a certain type of books or music.

Where I live there's still a lot of prejudice against macs and iPods (people say they're too expensive, don't have enough features or software, etc) so it's a plus if a guy I date knows better than that. Plus I think most apple fans are very smart and creative.

as far as mac users being smarter, its not smart to steroetype as anyone intelligent would not limit themselves to one platform

i will say its a big plus if the girl in interested in the same activities as me. macs and pcs are too much alike for me to be drawing lines of pros and cons. hence it makes no difference to me what she would use

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
It's nowhere near a deciding factor. It's barely even a plus. It's a weak conversation topic at best.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
A true Mac fan will date a Windows user and convert them to Mac OS for their own good. What greater gift could you give someone? ;)

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
I converted my girlfriend to mac, I'm taking the windows community one by one :p

If when your looking for a guy, and having a mac is a major plus, maybe you should just skip the guy and go nuts with a imac?

anim8or

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2006
Scotland, UK
My fiancee didnt use computers at all when i met her.....

Now she has her own ibook (need a new laptop!) and iphone plus a variable amount of social networking accounts!!

It just rubs off!

:D

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
A true Mac fan will date a Windows user and convert them to Mac OS for their own good. What greater gift could you give someone? ;)

Heh, I converted my girlfriend to the Mac side :D but she's a mega poor uni student who can't afford a Mac. Oh cruel fate.

anjinha

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA
as far as mac users being smarter, its not smart to steroetype as anyone intelligent would not limit themselves to one platform

i will say its a big plus if the girl in interested in the same activities as me. macs and pcs are too much alike for me to be drawing lines of pros and cons. hence it makes no difference to me what she would use

I don't thing everyone who uses a mac is smarter or that PC users are stupid, that's not what I meant at all. But most people I know who uses macs are very smart and creative people.

Since what's "normal" it's still to use windows, I like it when I meet people who try stuff that's different from the "normal", like Mac OSX or linux. I like that they at least appreciate macs and know that that they have a good OS, and don't think that "macs sucks" when they never even used one.

I also like when guys have dogs, it doesn't mean I don't date guys with cats, or that I think guys with cats are stupid.

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon

So s/he has just basically said 1+1=2 and there is a cause to roll eyes? What else do you think allows a maker of shiny aluminium substandard gear to stay in business?

Strange.

The phrasing of the OP is a little strange, but it's perhaps not so strange if the choice of Macs brings you together in some way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.