Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

John Hillier

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2017
Greater Vancouver

Popular video editing app DaVinci Resolve for iPad is now available on the App Store, giving iPad customers access to a popular professional-grade video editing app right on their iPad.

davinci-resolve-for-ipad.jpg

DaVinci Resolve for iPad was announced in October 2022 and is designed to be optimized for iPads with Apple silicon chips, like the new iPad Pro with the M2 chip and the previous generation iPad Pro and iPad Air, both powered by M1.

Designed for the new M2 iPad Pro, Blackmagic, the creators behind DaVinci Resolve, says the app will deliver 4x faster Ultra HD ProRes rendering on the new iPad Pro with M2, with other similar improvements coming to M1-based iPads.

Compared to DaVinci Resolve 18 software for the desktop, DaVinci Resolve for iPad offers similar functionality and tools, with slight changes in the user interface to better suit the iPad. DaVinci Resolve for iPad is available for free on the App Store, with an in-app purchase that unlocks the Studio version priced at $95.

Article Link: DaVinci Resolve for iPad Now Available on the App Store
A useful but hidden feature is to enable the additional window tabs using short keys for Edit, Fusion, Fairlight, etc, so you can use the full functionality of DaVinci Resolve on the iPad. By default there’s only two within DR that are visible. See this video for the easy to follow steps
It’s possible Blackmagic Design left those hidden by default so they can finish any additional work they need to do to provide the best end user experience while also still meeting their Q4 2022 release date or they opted to minimize what’s visible and leave it to each user or studio to decide which tool they need open for their specific needs along within their specific pipeline.

Boil

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2018
Stargate Command
A useful but hidden feature is to enable the additional window tabs using short keys for Edit, Fusion, Fairlight, etc, so you can use the full functionality of DaVinci Resolve on the iPad. By default there’s only two within DR that are visible. See this video for the easy to follow steps

I posted this two days ago...

It’s possible Blackmagic Design left those hidden by default so they can finish any additional work they need to do to provide the best end user experience while also still meeting their Q4 2022 release date or they opted to minimize what’s visible and leave it to each user or studio to decide which tool they need open for their specific needs along within their specific pipeline.

In the original announcement about DaVinci Resolve on iPadOS Blackmagic stated that the Cut & Color pages would be the first, with the other pages to follow...

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
Must be one of the most expensive apps I've heard of in a while? I have no use for it but it will be interesting to see what others make of it. Perhaps it's release could 'persuade' Apple to finally releases its pro apps on iPad?
It’s free…

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
Since my job pays for it I use premiere for my video projects. There are more than enough options for editing in that application and seamlessly integrated with Adobe cloud, specifically after effects and Adobe Stock, but IMO for anything not requiring all of those options I feel like some mobile-based video editors are a better tool like CapCut or even vn editor.

I downloaded davinci but I’ll have to watch some tutorials on how to use it

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
DaVinci Resolve Studio for iPadOS is US$95, which is quite high for an iPadOS app; but in line with their desktop pricing, free and US$295 Studio variants...
Why do you need Studio version on iPad? For a few effects most won’t use anyways…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.