Dead Pixel on 13"MBP - took a pic with my iPhone 3G

icBigMike

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2009
Chicago
Almost 3 month old MBP...just annoyed with it, but thought it was cool that I was able to take a picture of it with my iPhone 3G using the DVD player lens mod.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Is there a point to your post?

Are you looking for advice or something or just wanted to blog about your MBP with a dead pixel.

toxicdrift

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2009
i have it on my mbp 13 aswell.. got it in july this yr.. spoke to the store guys today.. they r gonna get in touch with apple and let me know... here in india they said that they dont give a single pixel as much importance.. but hell try his best to get a replacement done... im not gonna waste any more time and get myself the 2 yr applecare extention.. i think everyone should.. :cool:

icBigMike

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2009
Chicago

Dan73

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2009
My desktop LCD had 2 stuck pixels, I went on youtube and used a stuck pixel video that flashes colors used my finger to massage the screen. To my suprise it worked.

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2009
Canada
i thought i had a stuck pixel once....turned out to be spit....from when i was yelling at someone...

i too massaged my screen to get rid of it....

icBigMike

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2009
Chicago
I tried the instructions in the wiki link (except for the heat one) and the youtube videos... no such luck. Thanks for your suggestions!

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2009
Canada
I think you boast in most of your posts about how good your 'badboy' is. So be quiet.
haha....agreed

only thing badboy about his laptop is its a mac...otherwise its the same as everybody else's.

15" just means he got suckered into paying more....haha

toxicdrift

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2009
so apple india refused me a rma as it doesnt meet their pixel count.. apparently a single dead pixel isnt much of a issue to them... any1 have ideas? or should i just live with the dead pixel and wait for more to show up..i just got this in july!! and its so pissing off that they wont replace the screen.. payed more for a premium product just to find out they are the same as any other .

should i even bother to get applecare 2 yr extension? or wil it help and they should rma it if i have it??

Rampant.A.I.

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2009

pnyc

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Smash it with a hammer. Keep smashing the screen until you can't see the dead pixel any more. I guarantee that after doing that you won't be able to see the dead pixel any more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.