Deals: Amazon Discounts 2019 MacBook Pro and MacBook Air to New Low Prices (Starting at $900)

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon today opened up new sales on the latest models of the MacBook Pro and MacBook Air, with discounts starting as low as $899.99 for the MacBook Air and $1,099.99 for the MacBook Pro.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Across the board, all models listed below are the lowest price that we have ever tracked among the major Apple resellers online. Be sure to head to Amazon to check out the discounts before they expire.

13-Inch MacBook Pro

For the MacBook Pro sale, Amazon is discounting the new models from Mid 2019, all focused on 13-inch sizes. Best Buy is matching the prices of these models, and offers a few discounts on alternate color options as well.
1.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Space Gray - $1,099.99, down from $1,299.00 ($199 off)
1.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Space Gray - $1,299.99, down from $1,499.00 ($199 off)
2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Silver - $1,699.99, down from $1,999.00 ($299 off)13-Inch MacBook Air

You can also save on a few models of the latest MacBook Air, starting as low as $899.99 for the 128GB configuration.

1.6GHz, 8GB RAM, 128GB, Gold - $899.99, down from $1,099.00 ($199 off)
1.6GHz, 8GB RAM, 128GB, Space Gray - $899.99, down from $1,099.00 ($199 off)
1.6GHz, 8GB RAM, 256GB, Silver - $1,099.99, down from $1,299.00 ($199 off) Visit our full Deals Roundup to stay up to date with all of the latest Apple-related sales.

Article Link: Deals: Amazon Discounts 2019 MacBook Pro and MacBook Air to New Low Prices (Starting at $900)

BWhaler

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2003
Junk keyboards = laptop that is not to be trusted = Don’t buy at any price

Apple no longer makes laptops worth buying. Let’s hope that changes in 2020. (And not just the keyboards, but the junk camera on MBA, etc.) Oh, and get Catalina to be a stable operating system. The real reason we buy Macs is for MacOS, and it’s no longer good. Be a shame to finally, after years of stubbornness from Apple to get the hardware fixed only to be still unable to buy because MacOS is no longer able to be trusted with your workflow.

It’s amazing that using old Mac hardware and old MacOS is now the smart pro move.

topgunn

macrumors 65816
Nov 5, 2004
Houston
I just bought a 2TB external SSD for $159... why can't this be inside it...
To be fair, the 2TB external you bought is not up to spec with the SSD inside the MacBook Pro. The SSD inside the MacBook Pro would be more like the Samsung 970 Pro which has an MSRP of $349 for 1TB. Still much less than what Apple charges, though.

Reactions: groove-agent

YetAnotherAppleFan92

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2018
Toronto, Canada
I wouldn’t buy any MacBook until they have 10th gen processors, non-flawed keyboards, and 256GB SSDs at the price of the 128GB SSDs.
- - Post merged: - -

It still amazes me that in 2019 Apple thinks it’s okay to charge that much money for 128 gigs of storage. It’s insulting really.
It’s because Apple believes most people don’t need more internal storage and can just buy their iCloud storage plans if they want more. It’s sad considering my 2012 13’ MacBook Pro came with a 500GB spinning disk, which was easily swapped to a 1TB SSD.

Last edited:
Reactions: TComm

tigres

macrumors 601
Use iPhoto with any iPhone and iCloud, and watch your 256gb or 128gb computer become useless in a week. You cannot do selective sync management a large 20k photo library with any sort of ease.

astounding that Apple sells these, especially that they are non upgradable. Insulting for sure.

Reactions: Morod

Soccertess

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2005
Holy ****, the trolls are en masse and bored.
no, just a lot of frustrated Apple users who are standing up for themselves.

If you don’t trust the screaming hoards of angry customers, look at laptop sales numbered.

Timmy probably thought it was really funny that so many people had faulty keys and the amount they had to pay for key repairs. That’s why he took forever to acknowledge the issue. But he is still laughing as he is killing it in dongle revenue.

LuciusWrong

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2019
Maybe reason the launch of the 16" machine is delayed is because they know nobody will buy a 2019 once the new machine launches?

As those who have been watching this for awhile will no doubt recall, there was a time, not so long ago, when B&H was selling new 2017s, 2018s, and 2019s side by side.

Part of the reason was that Apple hates to give a significant discount to move product. But at the same time, the $300 off on MBP has been with us since last Christmas!

Guess what? I still havent bought one. And i wont, until it had a usable keyboard. I dont even mean sticking keys...because to me, the 2019 keyboard feels like every key is stuck!

LuciusWrong

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2019
Use iPhoto with any iPhone and iCloud, and watch your 256gb or 128gb computer become useless in a week. You cannot do selective sync management a large 20k photo library with any sort of ease.

astounding that Apple sells these, especially that they are non upgradable. Insulting for sure.

You do realize that you have the power of free will, right? You must know that you can buy whatever computer that meets your needs?

Apple provides options, you know. And if you can only afford the smallest storage option...either be happy that there is an option you can afford, or choose another option.. that is how choice works you know...

(if apple offered a 1tb "hybrid" drive in the cheap machine, you would complain that no modern machine should have a mechanical drive??)

I have 512gb, but im using around 200gb. And a lot of that is crap i dont need. If i only had 128gb, i could adjust and be just fine...and i wouldnt use the cloud.

Jimmy James

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
Wow. There’s one with 512 storage on sale. I’ll eat my shorts if we ever see 1TB on sale. It seems like you need to be, unfortunately, a successful rap artist to enjoy years-old affordable levels of storage in a Mac laptop.

turbineseaplane

macrumors 603
Mar 19, 2008
Wow. There’s one with 512 storage on sale. I’ll eat my shorts if we ever see 1TB on sale. It seems like you need to be, unfortunately, a successful rap artist to enjoy years-old affordable levels of storage in a Mac laptop.
The storage on Mac laptops is better though.

For instance when a new rap song is stored on it, it sounds better than if it were stored on a different machine.

Well. It sounds better to Tim anyways...

• Haha
Reactions: M5RahuL and Morod

konqerror

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2013
The SSD inside the MacBook Pro would be more like the Samsung 970 Pro which has an MSRP of $349 for 1TB. Still much less than what Apple charges, though.
It's what all PC makers charge to be fair. Storage and RAM upgrades are where they make profits. Last computer I got, Lenovo charged $600 for a 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO equivalent.

LuciusWrong

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2019

Better get your knife and fork....or scissors, whichever you prefer. Its been on sale all summer long. I dont know about right now, though... probably back on sale for black fridayt christmas.

Lakersfan74

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2019
Costco has the best deal. Got 128 it’s all I need and don’t want to pay for extra I don’t use. Apple isn’t the only one offering it so there must be a market.

groove-agent

macrumors 65816
Jan 13, 2006
The storage on Mac laptops is better though.

For instance when a new rap song is stored on it, it sounds better than if it were stored on a different machine.

Well. It sounds better to Tim anyways...
I think Tim's favourite sound is: "cha-thing!".

Joking aside, I'm not sure how much money they're making from all those keyboard/ top case warranty replacements.

Reactions: turbineseaplane

tharitm

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2009
Correct me if I am wrong, only the HomePod discount is new right? rest seems like the usual discount Best Buy does on Apple MacBooks.