MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon today is discounting a few of Apple's keyboards for the iPad Pro and iPad Air, starting with the Magic Keyboard for 11-inch iPad Pro at $199.00, down from $299.00. This is the lowest price that we've tracked to date for this Magic Keyboard, which can also be used with the fourth generation iPad Air.

magic-keyboard-100-off.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

You can also get the Magic Keyboard for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro, but this discount isn't quite as steep. It's priced at $329.98, down from $349.00. Both versions of the Magic Keyboard provide a full keyboard with a trackpad, backlit keys, and a new floating cantilever design that lets you adjust the iPad Pro to find the best viewing angle.

Another keyboard that's on sale is the Smart Keyboard Folio for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro, priced at $149.00, down from $199.00. While a simpler alternative to the Magic Keyboard, this accessory still provides a full-size keyboard, front and back protection for the iPad Pro, and allows for a few convenient viewing angles.

For even more iPad deals, head to our full Best Deals guide for iPad. In that guide we track the best discounts online for iPad, iPad mini, iPad Air, and iPad Pro.

Article Link: Deals: Amazon's New iPad Keyboard Sale Includes 11-Inch Magic Keyboard for $199 ($100 Off, Lowest Price)

Last edited:

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
This has been $199 for a few days now at Walmart, makes sense that Amazon would match it.. but I will say, probably means that these two form factors are going the way of the dodo soon with new mid size and pro model coming. 12.9 is probably save for a little while.

Reactions: turbineseaplane
Comment

urbanslaughter1997

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2007
Now you tell me! I ordered mine a while ago. I'm finally receiving my new iPad Air in the mail tomorrow. I feel like I've had to wait forever. Wish I'd been able to take advantage of the $100 savings. I have already received the Magic Keyboard and the Pencil 2. Great deal here for the keyboard.

Comment

transpo1

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2010
This has been $199 for a few days now at Walmart, makes sense that Amazon would match it.. but I will say, probably means that these two form factors are going the way of the dodo soon with new mid size and pro model coming. 12.9 is probably save for a little while.
I may just mean there will be a new magic keyboard for the iPad Pros in March.

It has its quirks, but I love the feel of typing on mine. Got it on sale for $250 in December but this deal is better.

Comment

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Considering it works with the new iPad Air 4 , I dont think this model is going anywhere. However I do agree the Pro may see a new model if they up the screen size a bit.

Reactions: satchmo
Comment

tharitm

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2009
Now you tell me! I ordered mine a while ago. I'm finally receiving my new iPad Air in the mail tomorrow. I feel like I've had to wait forever. Wish I'd been able to take advantage of the $100 savings. I have already received the Magic Keyboard and the Pencil 2. Great deal here for the keyboard.
You can always return it and order this one. Nothing stopping you except for saving $100 bucks. Also some stores price match.

Comment

icwhatudidthere

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2019
Yeah, but it works with the new iPad Air also which just came out. Maybe Apple is trying to get Air users to buy in also?

Comment

MikkelAD

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2018
FYI in Denmark the 11" is priced at 2600DKK(425USD) and the 12,9" at 3000DKK(491USD)

We don't have amazon and those products NEVER get a discount at any hardware stores!

... so can you all just please zip it :D

Comment

satchmo

macrumors 68040
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
That's a great price.
Too bad we never see 30% off Apple products here in Canada!

Hopefully Apple drops the price to $199 permanently if and when they introduce a new and improved Magic Keyboard 2.

Comment

jerryk

Contributor
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
IMHO, the Magic Keyboard is too heavy and too thick. I got mine on day 1, tried it for a few hours, and sent it back. The same thing happened with the Logitech keyboard/case.

Recently I got an iPad Air M1 and quit trying to use the iPad Pro as a content creation device and use it mostly for consuming content.

Comment

turbineseaplane

macrumors G3
Mar 19, 2008
Wouldn't it be nice if Apple would just price these things correctly to begin with and not spend many months trying to see how many users they can screw with over charging for a while?

Comment

nicegoogly

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2008
I agree, it makes it heavier and a little cumbersome for quick note taking, but I think it is expected to be removed from the Magic Keyboard to do that. Takes away teh protective part of the case. I always use dBrand skins so it doesn't get roughed up and the don't effect how secure it sits on it.. It is easier than carrying my MacBook Pro and my iPad Pro to Court. Now that Word is more compatible with the trackpad, this is a no-brainer.

Comment

gorkt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2007
Okay for that price, I pulled the trigger. I will likely keep it at work and use the folio I have for home use, where it is more utilized as a consumption device.

Comment

Euroamerican

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2010
Boise
I certainly do miss having my Anker bluetooth keyboard and STM cover/kickstand setup that I had on my old iPad 3. I have not been able to get the keyboard to work yet with the Air 4. Waiting to buy a Speck cover/stand until it goes on sale again.

This Apple keyboard does intrigue me.... But Magic devices have been less of a winner-winner for me in the past than I'd hoped.

And....that price!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.