Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon has the 41mm GPS Apple Watch Series 7 down to $279.99, from an original price of $399.00. The only color available at this price is the Green Aluminum Case with Clover Sport Band.

apple-watch-series-7-green.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

At $119 off, today's sale on Amazon is a match of the previous all-time low discount that we tracked on this model during Prime Day. Additionally, Amazon has a bonus promotion where you can save 20 percent on Beats Studio Buds or Beats Fit Pro when purchased simultaneously with an Apple Watch.

You can find the Beats promotion next to the "Extra Savings" banner under the price on the Apple Watch Series 7 page, and add both items to your cart to see the sale. Head to our full Deals Roundup to get caught up with all of the latest deals and discounts that we've been tracking over the past week.

Article Link: Deals: Apple Watch Series 7 Returns to All-Time Low Price of $279.99 ($119 Off)

polyphenol

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2020
Wales
Seeing all sorts of good deals for the Series 7 nowadays, kinda regret getting an SE a few months ago 😕
I'm waiting to see what the 8 brings. If next to nothing, in my estimation, will get a 7. (Though also hoping for colours more to my taste.)

Hope they will still be available at a low-ish price.

Reactions: azentropy

polyphenol

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2020
Wales
It seems as if the green is on sale quite often.
Perhaps it isn't a strong seller?
Initially seems a sensible enough thought. But, as it has been on the market for the best part of a year, I'd have expected them to adjust production to match demand, so far as they can.

Making too many green ones, month after month, is surely madness?

(Obviously, if demand by colour changes week by week, month by month, it is difficult to reach a balance.)

Reactions: arkitect

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
I'm waiting to see what the 8 brings. If next to nothing, in my estimation, will get a 7. (Though also hoping for colours more to my taste.)

Yeah, I probably would have snapped up a AW 7 at the prices they have been at lately if it wasn't for the IMO poor color selection this year. Starlight is too yellow and Midnight is too blue and make them look terribly mismatched with my favorite watch bands I've accumulated over the past 7 years... Hopefully they bring back Silver and Space Gray or a true Black. I "think" they may have learned their lesson by offering the new MBA in both Silver and Starlight and in Midnight and Space Gray rather than as a replacement for those colors. The funny thing is I think they look much better stand alone in the MBA than they do with the Watch.

It seems as if the green is on sale quite often.
Perhaps it isn't a strong seller?
I think for various reasons they haven't been strong sellers this revision. They have been discount more heavily and sooner than in any previous year it seems. I think one of the reasons is some people were expecting (or are now expecting) a much bigger upgrade. The other reason I allude to above is poor colors this year.

madrigal77

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2018
Yeah, I probably would have snapped up a AW 7 at the prices they have been at lately if it wasn't for the IMO poor color selection this year. Starlight is too yellow and Midnight is too blue and make them look terribly mismatched with my favorite watch bands I've accumulated over the past 7 years... Hopefully they bring back Silver and Space Gray or a true Black. I "think" they may have learned their lesson by offering the new MBA in both Silver and Starlight and in Midnight and Space Gray rather than as a replacement for those colors. The funny thing is I think they look much better stand alone in the MBA than they do with the Watch.

I think for various reasons they haven't been strong sellers this revision. They have been discount more heavily and sooner than in any previous year it seems. I think one of the reasons is some people were expecting (or are now expecting) a much bigger upgrade. The other reason I allude to above is poor colors this year.
The midnight looks fine. 95% of the time, it just looks black.

james2538

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008

That's what I did last year. Picked up a Series 6 on sale when the Series 7 didn't end up getting a redesign.

Rumors seem kinda quiet this year so not sure if the Series 8 is gonna be a huge jump. If it has better battery life and/or the temperature sensor I might consider it. At the very least I'd want a new chip, as the S7 is basically a renamed S6. We're going on four generations since a redesign now too.

polyphenol

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2020
Wales
That's what I did last year. Picked up a Series 6 on sale when the Series 7 didn't end up getting a redesign.

Rumors seem kinda quiet this year so not sure if the Series 8 is gonna be a huge jump. If it has better battery life and/or the temperature sensor I might consider it. At the very least I'd want a new chip, as the S7 is basically a renamed S6.
Also, UK prices aren't as low as the best deals in the USA - so far as I can find! There comes a point at which, if I am going to pay out a singificant sum, I'd rather pay a bit more and get the latest/best even if it is only a modest technical difference.

EdT

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2007
Omaha, NE

I usually say that green is my favorite color, but this looks kind of awful. Maybe with a non green band it would be ok. And I have been waiting for a significant feature upgrade for a few years. Nothing specific, it’s just that the Series 4 I have seems to work well and none of the watches since then have had a feature that made me want to upgrade from my current watch to get. So at least in my particular case you are absolutely correct.

james2538

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
Also, UK prices aren't as low as the best deals in the USA - so far as I can find! There comes a point at which, if I am going to pay out a singificant sum, I'd rather pay a bit more and get the latest/best even if it is only a modest technical difference.
I'm still holding out hope that there will be a significant update this year.

Apple seems to have settled into a two year cycle with the Watch, similar to the iPhone/iPhone S back in the day. Even number Series get a bigger overhaul with new chips and health features (4/6/8?), while odd number Series add display related features (5 - always on, 7 - bigger screen)

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I usually say that green is my favorite color, but this looks kind of awful. Maybe with a non green band it would be ok.
I’m a big fan of contrasting, versus matching, bands. I’m wearing a Red watch with a Yellow band right now.

Reactions: EdT

temende

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2021
I can't remember a time when the flagship Apple Watch has been discounted by so much this many times. Or maybe it's Amazon specifically that has lots of extra inventory?

Reactions: JM

gugy

macrumors 68040
Jan 31, 2005
La Jolla, CA
Great price. I am a huge proponent to only buying the cheapest AW. Since it needs an update every 3 to 4 years, I rather spend the least amount of money, resell for a bit and keep updating on that timeframe. I never understood spend so much money on a somewhat disposable asset.

Reactions: Velin

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
Meh I’m happy with my $39 Walmart Wyze 47mm watch. Battery life is way better. Sure the Apple eco system is way better and lots of cool features and abilities but charging and price keep me out. Have fun. :p
I like Wyze. With the exception of their cameras since I heard they’re subscription based or something.

I have the Wyze smart bathroom scale and love it. I’ve lost over 30 pounds thanks to it.

Reactions: JosephAW

JM

macrumors 601
Nov 23, 2014

I think Apple saved the silver and graphite options for the Stainless Steel versions on purpose and didn’t make any mistakes. I would actually be surprised if they brought back silver and graphite to the aluminum models. Apple wants people to spend more money, and not having a good professional color is one way to do it.

Totally agree with you on the inability to match Watch bands with starlight and midnight. They are not good base colors.

AF_APPLETALK

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2020
I think Apple saved the silver and graphite options for the Stainless Steel versions on purpose and didn’t make any mistakes. I would actually be surprised if they brought back silver and graphite to the aluminum models. Apple wants people to spend more money, and not having a good professional color is one way to do it.

Totally agree with you on the inability to match Watch bands with starlight and midnight. They are not good base colors.
Yes, just like they did with the iPhone 5c.

Reactions: JM and HappyDude20

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
The midnight looks fine. 95% of the time, it just looks black.
My midnight Apple Watch also appears black most of the time. Other people think it’s black. I think the midnight color will remain the “black” option for the Series 8 and to be honest, people who are complaining about the color being too blue are overdoing it. It’s a nice color. A lot of people seem to love the color for the new MBA, despite it being a fingerprint magnet.

Reactions: madrigal77

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I'm still holding out hope that there will be a significant update this year.

Apple seems to have settled into a two year cycle with the Watch, similar to the iPhone/iPhone S back in the day. Even number Series get a bigger overhaul with new chips and health features (4/6/8?), while odd number Series add display related features (5 - always on, 7 - bigger screen)
According to rumors, the S8 chip in the series 8 will be a rebranded S6/S7 chip so probably not this year?

madrigal77

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2018
Unless you pair it with black bands, which was my issue. Just looked mismatched like wearing a suit with dark blue jacket and black pants.
I have a black SS band with mine and it looks fine. 95% of the time it just looks black.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.