MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon today has introduced a new sale on the 2021 12.9-inch iPad Pro (256GB Wi-Fi), available at $1,099.00, down from $1,199.00. This $100 sale price marks a new all-time low for this version of the newest iPad Pro, and it's only available on Amazon.

iPad-Pro-Feature-Orange.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Apple updated the iPad Pro earlier this year, introducing a faster M1 chip, 5G connectivity, a Thunderbolt port, and more. The 12.9-inch model features a new Liquid Retina XDR mini-LED display.

We've previously tracked a few deals on the 11-inch iPad Pro from 2021 on Amazon, but as of writing we aren't seeing any notable discounts on the smaller version of the tablet. For even more iPad deals, head to our full Best Deals guide for iPad. In that guide we track the best discounts online for iPad, iPad mini, iPad Air, and iPad Pro.

Article Link: Deals: Apple's 2021 256GB 12.9-Inch iPad Pro Hits Lowest Price Ever at $1,099 ($100 Off)

Bea220

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2020
SoCal
I'm still under my return period. I'm so tempted to return my 128gb iPad and get the 256GB!!
Same. Today is my final day to return it if I take it into the Apple store. I bought the 512gb model and kinda wish I had just gotten the 256GB. SO TEMPTING.

I usually prefer getting my Apple products from Apple directly but this is truly giving me pause. Then I think, well MORE storage is never a bad thing and returning and reordering is such a hassle. I’ll probably just keep this one but yeah… I had already been thinking to myself that it’d be nice if this iPad didn’t cost over $1,500.00 after taxes. Combined with the white Magic Keyboard price tag… yeah it hurts. I don’t need a MBP either but I want that 14“ screen that’s rumored. My biggest grip with Apple’s MBP or MBA is their bezels. I love me my Apple products but they waste a lot of potential screen space.

arvinsim

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2018
Would love to have an M1 iPad Pro but just cannot muster a single reason to sell my perfectly good 2018 iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard. It's still very, very fast and responsive and works great.
I have the same hardware. Was hoping for WWDC to change my mind but it seems that I am just going to keep it...

Or wait until a new iPad Mini comes and sell this chunky iPad.

Reactions: sfkeepay

gabo864

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
Same. Today is my final day to return it if I take it into the Apple store. I bought the 512gb model and kinda wish I had just gotten the 256GB. SO TEMPTING.

I usually prefer getting my Apple products from Apple directly but this is truly giving me pause. Then I think, well MORE storage is never a bad thing and returning and reordering is such a hassle. I’ll probably just keep this one but yeah… I had already been thinking to myself that it’d be nice if this iPad didn’t cost over $1,500.00 after taxes. Combined with the white Magic Keyboard price tag… yeah it hurts. I don’t need a MBP either but I want that 14“ screen that’s rumored. My biggest grip with Apple’s MBP or MBA is their bezels. I love me my Apple products but they waste a lot of potential screen space.

So I already placed my order. I purchased my iPad from Amazon so it will be easy to just return it. I'm not saving any money, but I'll be getting double the storage. I'm not using much storage right now, but I started school again last month so I may be using more storage as I take more classes.

shakopeemn

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2014

Amazon today has introduced a new sale on the 2021 12.9-inch iPad Pro (256GB Wi-Fi), available at $1,099.00, down from $1,199.00. This $100 sale price marks a new all-time low for this version of the newest iPad Pro, and it's only available on Amazon.

iPad-Pro-Feature-Orange.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Apple updated the iPad Pro earlier this year, introducing a faster M1 chip, 5G connectivity, a Thunderbolt port, and more. The 12.9-inch model features a new Liquid Retina XDR mini-LED display.

We've previously tracked a few deals on the 11-inch iPad Pro from 2021 on Amazon, but as of writing we aren't seeing any notable discounts on the smaller version of the tablet. For even more iPad deals, head to our full Best Deals guide for iPad. In that guide we track the best discounts online for iPad, iPad mini, iPad Air, and iPad Pro.

Article Link: Deals: Apple's 2021 256GB 12.9-Inch iPad Pro Hits Lowest Price Ever at $1,099 ($100 Off)

What a deal at $1100! Tell me again, why the ipad pro would be preferred over the macbook air/pro?

What's the best compelling decision for an ipad pro?

macmac30

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2015
Would love to have an M1 iPad Pro but just cannot muster a single reason to sell my perfectly good 2018 iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard. It's still very, very fast and responsive and works great.
I just received my 2021 12.9" with 256GB two days ago. I previously had a 2018 Pro like you. While I am excited to have the latest and greatest, nothing really feels different with the new iPad - other than the weight. It's noticeably heavier than the 2018. It's sort of problematic with the slim cases where the cover folds into 3 sections to create an upright base for the iPad. It's so heavy that it falls over backward on my couch when I am sitting next to it if I move. I'm really hoping Apple adds software to enhance the M1 experience. I updated all of my devices to M1 except for the 2016 MBP 16" - waiting....

Reactions: phill85 and sauria

Broadus

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
Upstate SC
That’s why I finally decided to replace my damaged 2017 10.5” iPP with an Apple-refurbished 2018 12.9”. Even with this $100 discount, the refurbished 2018 is over $400 less (including sales tax) for the 256GB. I’d love to have the M1/XDR 2021, but that’s a lot of difference considering my usage.

shaud

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2014
Price matched on B&H photo and used my PayBoo card to take the taxes off. So $1099 total for 256gb isn‘t a bad deal.

jtopp

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2010
Go to Apple.com/education
Teachers, students, parents and grandparents get the discount. They don’t ask for proof so you could just get the discount. I wouldn’t lie and take advantage /s

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.