Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Today you can get Apple's 13-inch M1 MacBook Pro (512GB) for $1,349.99, down from $1,499.00 on Amazon. You'll see this price at the checkout screen after an automatic coupon worth $50 is applied.

discount-m1-macbook-pro-purple.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

This sale is only available for the Silver color option on Amazon, and it's in stock and ready to ship. At a total of $150 off the original price, this is a new best-ever price on this M1 MacBook Pro.

If anyone's on the hunt for the entry level version of the M1 MacBook Pro, Amazon does have the 256GB model at its typical sale price of $1,199.99, down from $1,299.00. There's no checkout coupon for this one, and it's also only being discounted in the Silver color option.

You can find even more discounts on other MacBooks by visiting our Best Deals guide for MacBook Pro and MacBook Air. In this guide we track the steepest discounts for the newest MacBook models every week, so be sure to bookmark it and check back often if you're shopping for a new Apple notebook.

Update: This deal has now expired.

Article Link: Deals: Apple's 512GB M1 MacBook Pro Drops to $1,349.99 ($150 Off) [Updated]

Last edited:

wooddylan

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2020
If you buy a new Mac today, you are wasting your money. I would simply wait. Newer will be even better.

Comment

jlocker

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2011
Lake Michigan
Buying a M1 MacBook right now, is like buying an Intel core duo in 2006. Very quickly you find that it does not have enough power, memory and storage and you end up replacing it a year or two later.

Comment

Bug-Creator

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2011
Germany
Something better is always just right around the corner, but.....

I doubt the low end options will get a big refresh anytime soon.

The "new" MacBooks coming out later this year will be the actual "Pros" so expect somewhere close to 2000$ starting price.

My (wild) speculations:
- new chips will be based on the A15 design (the next iPhone will be released just a few months later)
- base "M2" with similar spec as the M1 and a 10-20% performance bump in the base 24" iMac and 14" MacBook(Pro?Air?Nada?)
- "M2X" as BTO on 24" iMac/ 14" MB and base 16" MBP and 32" iMac
- maybe an "M2Z" as BTO for the above
- maybe some "M2?" for spacegrey MacMini
- M1 Macs will stay on sale well into 2022

Comment

mathiasdk1

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2021
Denmark
Buying a M1 MacBook right now, is like buying an Intel core duo in 2006. Very quickly you find that it does not have enough power, memory and storage and you end up replacing it a year or two later.
But... laptops, tablets and even smartphones have so much power these days. I don’t know what kind of heavy lifting you do, but my 2016 i7 still seems super fast. Feels like the newest version, if you didn’t know better.

Comment

w5jck

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2013
If you need a new Mac today, you should simply buy one today. There is always a newer and better version around the corner. Don’t waste your time waiting.
Ordinarily I would agree with that statement. However, buying a lower end M1 chipped Mac might leave one disappointed as they are lower powered and so many of the apps have not yet been adapted for optimum use on the M1 chips.

Comment

mathiasdk1

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2021
Denmark
Ordinarily I would agree with that statement. However, buying a lower end M1 chipped Mac might leave one disappointed as they are lower powered and so many of the apps have not yet been adapted for optimum use on the M1 chips.
Well, according to Geekbench, the M1 Macbook Pro is the fastest one alive, even faster than the fastest 16-inch i9.

Comment

nick727

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2006
I got this deal on Amazon last week. Great deal and great MacBook regardless of what’s around the corner. Great if you need something NOW or are in a pinch. That being said, after taking the time to do a little more research, I’m going to return it for the M1 MacBook Air. Same CPU/GPU, thinner, no Touch Bar that will soon be obsolete if rumors are true. Prob a little better resale value too when you do want to upgrade.

Comment

Bug-Creator

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2011
Germany
Well, according to Geekbench, the M1 Macbook Pro is the fastest one alive, even faster than the fastest 16-inch i9.

Even more reason for :apple: not to upgrade anything M1 anytime soon. These chips should have gone into mid range Macs with the lowend either staying Intel or getting an M1-redux with half the CPU/GPU core.

My guess is that they did it this way to send out maximum shock but will have to find a way to reestablish the pecking order and <1000$ Macs getting the same ships or even the same generation as the big boys just won't do that.

Comment

Rochy Bay

Suspended
Apr 5, 2016
Cupertino, CA
I bought one recently as the value for my trade-in was going down a lot. That being said, I'm happy with the MPB M1/16/512. I do wish Amazon would offer more non-stock models of the Mac's they sell beyond just storage options.
I’m sorry your trade in was loosing value. Apple marketing tactics are horrible.

Comment

AppliedVisual

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2006
I believe only Apple is allowed to sell with more than 8GB of RAM.
You can buy the 16GB RAM versions of the M1 Macs from any authorized dealer. I just think most are stocking predominantly 8GB versions. B&H has some 16GB models in stock, even 16GB 2TB in space grey.

Reactions: Vldmr
Comment

Vldmr

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2020
You can buy the 16GB RAM versions of the M1 Macs from any authorized dealer. I just think most are stocking predominantly 8GB versions. B&H has some 16GB models in stock, even 16GB 2TB in space grey.
Thanks, didn't know that.

Comment

nilk

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2007
I wouldn't buy anything with a Touch Bar at this point. If I had to buy a M1 MacBook, it'd be the MBA, just to avoid Touch Bar; and it's powerful enough that it'd do the job nicely, though I'd rather have the additional power of the Pro. Rumor is that Touch Bar is going away. If that is true, next MacBook Pros are going to be fantastic. First we got the Escape key and reliable keyswitches back, next we will hopefully get Fn keys back.

Reactions: cakeloverpro
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.