Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

At Amazon today you can get Apple's 13-inch M1 MacBook Pro (512GB) for $1,299.99, down from $1,499.00 on Amazon. You'll see this price at the checkout screen after an automatic coupon worth $50 is applied.

discount-m1-macbook-pro-bue.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

This sale is available in both Silver and Space Gray color options, and it's in stock and ready to ship. At a total of $199 off the original price, this is a match of the previous low price on this model of the MacBook Pro.

If anyone's on the hunt for the entry level version of the M1 MacBook Pro, Amazon does have the 256GB model at its typical sale price of $1,149.99, down from $1,299.00. There's no checkout coupon for this one, and it's also being discounted in both colors.

You can find even more discounts on other MacBooks by visiting our Best Deals guide for MacBook Pro and MacBook Air. In this guide we track the steepest discounts for the newest MacBook models every week, so be sure to bookmark it and check back often if you're shopping for a new Apple notebook.

Article Link: Deals: Apple's 512GB M1 MacBook Pro Hits $1,299.99 on Amazon ($199 Off, Lowest Price)

• Wow
Reactions: DeepIn2U

transpo1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Anyone else find this sale abnormal? It's quite a heavy discount. Do they know something we don't know about MacBooks? I'm highly aware it could be to just goose sales and offload excess inventory, but let's explore.

James Godfrey

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2011
Anyone else find this sale abnormal? It's quite a heavy discount. Do they know something we don't know about MacBooks? I'm highly aware it could be to just goose sales and offload excess inventory, but let's explore.
Many places in the UK are offering discounts on the M1 MacBooks at the moment, but saying that they are 8 months old now…

Kinotto

macrumors regular
May 7, 2018

I did purchased recently a Smart Cover for iPad Pro ( with a similarly massive discount from Amazon UK) and despite being advertised as new it was obviously used. Ordered a replacement which came used as the first. Amazon never acknowledged any wrongdoing from their side and I actually had to pay myself for the postage to return them.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the same happens with Apple laptops: one could find himself with a used MacBook with Norwegian keyboard layout.
I hope I’m wrong but experience plus the strangely low price makes me suspicious.

ChromeAce

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2009

The new MacBook Pros coming out in 2 months are redesigned.

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
Not abnormal. Amazon have regularly chopped 200-300+ of the RRP of things like MacBooks & Surface devices.

I think I paid £100 less than the RRP on the 8GB/512GB M1 MacBook Air just before Christmas and it had only been on sale for a few weeks. I was browsing at the right place, right time I guess.

ghanwani

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2008
for -$50 (-$100 to -$150 if you consider the best deals) over this "special" price you get to go fanless and drop 0.2 lb while buying from apple. who is buying this machine?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.