Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following a few deals on the cellular models of the iPad mini 6 earlier this year, Amazon now has the entry-level 64GB Wi-Fi iPad mini 6 for $459.00, down from $499.00. This sale is only available in Space Gray, and it's in stock and ready to ship from Amazon today.

ipad-mini-design.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Compared to previous sales, this is an all-time low price on this model of the iPad mini 6. The Starlight color is also being discounted on Amazon, but its sale isn't as steep and is priced at $474.00.

Anyone looking for more storage can get the 256GB Wi-Fi iPad mini 6 for $599.00, down from $649.00. This is another sale that we started tracking a few weeks ago, and it's the best price we've ever seen on this model as well.

For even more iPad deals, head to our full Best Deals guide for iPad. In that guide we track the best discounts online for iPad, iPad mini, iPad Air, and iPad Pro.

Update: The deal on the 64GB iPad mini has now expired.

Article Link: Deals: Apple's 64GB iPad Mini 6 Available for Record Low Price of $459 [Update: Expired]

Last edited:

Greenmeenie

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2013
Can’t wait to get one of these. I love my 11” ipad pro for sketching on & for editing video & pictures on… but I also travel a lot and would love the portability of the mini and be able to use my apple pencil 2 with it. I am just waiting for the next version to see if they fix the jelly roll issue.

Greenmeenie

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2013
I saw the jelly scrolling in action just the other day from my neighbor's mini 6. Its actually quite apparent and annoying.

I could not use this day to day.
Unfortunate. I have the previous ipad mini and love it. No jelly roll Issue. I just can’t use the apple pencil 2 on it. I much prefer the new flat edged design. Soon as they fix it, I will nab one of the new ones. ??

Johnny Steps

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011
I saw the jelly scrolling in action just the other day from my neighbor's mini 6. Its actually quite apparent and annoying.

I messed with an iPad mini at Best Buy a few days ago and I could not at all see what it was. I think this issue must be similar to the one that some of the newer phones have, PWM flickering I believe, where certain people can see it and other cannot.

HiVolt

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
Toronto, Canada
I think it just depends on the person to how sensitive they may be to it. I personally wasn't looking for it, even though I knew about the issue.

I've used a number of iPads in my life, and that's the first one I ever noticed it on.

w5jck

Suspended
Nov 9, 2013
Love my iPad mini 5 and I only paid $360 for it when it was new because Apple wasn't quite as greedy with its price as it is with the iPad mini 6. Plus the iPad mini 5 does't have that gosh awful jelly scrolling! But I mostly use the iPad Air 2020.

Reactions: SFjohn and rgarjr

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
I finally picked up a 256 last month when Amazon dropped the price down to $599 (retails for $649). Hands down my favorite iPad I've owned to date. I bought it specifically for note taking and sketching with Pencil 2. As I waited for it to deliver, I wondered if I had made a mistake - doubted it would meet my expectations. I've had it in rotation now for about 2 weeks and it has exceeded my expectations. Pencil 2, plus one of my favorite sketch apps, Sketches, is a dream. Notes is also surprisingly awesome with Pencil 2. The mini's form factor is so perfect for my mobile needs - functions a lot like a digital Fields Notes (MBP + mini + iPhone make for a solid mobile arsenal). For me, the larger iPads' form factors never really "worked:" not quite hand-held, awkward in a lap, etc. Anyway, I'm finding the mini really enjoyable to use on a daily basis.

I've read a lot about the jelly scroll issue and honestly I'm just not seeing it. Or, it's not something I have yet to notice or be bothered by.

For those pondering an acquisition, Mark Ellis offers a pretty solid review. Personally, I can't recommend an iPad more.

Cheers.

Greenmeenie

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2013
I had the original iPad 12 yrs ago with the unlimited AT&T data plan that I am still grandfathered in on. But when the ipad mini came put in 2012 I got that and it quickly became my favorite iPad for years. It was before I even had an iphone & and with the unlimited data plan & small size, it became my communication device when traveling, which i do alot. It fit perfectly in my cargo pants pocket. Since getting an iPad Pro & iphone a few years ago tho, my ipad mini has seen less use… but I still love it when traveling. I just wish it was able to use the apple pencil 2 because I draw a lot. And having a portable digital sketchbook when i travel is important. So when the iPad mini 6 came out with the new flat edged design of the pros I was very excited! The jelly scroll worried me so i am waiting. I still haven’t been to an actual Apple Store yet. I have read a lot about it, but need to see it for myself before i buy or wait for the next version.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
The jelly was the main thing that kept me from upgrading, but the screen overall not getting more major upgrades was the other part of it.

Having and loving my Mini 5 already, it all coalesced to make "just waiting for Mini 7" be the right move.

The price hike with the same base storage..the screen being essentially the same quality (just "ok", not amazing) and the aspect ratio change making the usable screen area somewhat deceptively not much more either..

It was just way more of a lateral move than it seems at first glance. Had they not changed the case so dramatically, it would be even more obvious how much of a repackaging it really is.

Arislan

macrumors member
May 18, 2020
Hawaii

I haven't seen any jelly scrolling on mine and I use it for reading and gaming.

coachingguy

macrumors 6502a
I finally picked up a 256 last month when Amazon dropped the price down to $599 (retails for $649). Hands down my favorite iPad I've owned to date. I bought it specifically for note taking and sketching with Pencil 2. As I waited for it to deliver, I wondered if I had made a mistake - doubted it would meet my expectations. I've had it in rotation now for about 2 weeks and it has exceeded my expectations. Pencil 2, plus one of my favorite sketch apps, Sketches, is a dream. Notes is also surprisingly awesome with Pencil 2. The mini's form factor is so perfect for my mobile needs - functions a lot like a digital Fields Notes (MBP + mini + iPhone make for a solid mobile arsenal). For me, the larger iPads' form factors never really "worked:" not quite hand-held, awkward in a lap, etc. Anyway, I'm finding the mini really enjoyable to use on a daily basis.

I've read a lot about the jelly scroll issue and honestly I'm just not seeing it. Or, it's not something I have yet to notice or be bothered by.

For those pondering an acquisition, Mark Ellis offers a pretty solid review. Personally, I can't recommend an iPad more.

Cheers.
This! I've owned many iPads, including mini 1, 3, 5 and not 6, and imo it's the best of the bunch - by far! I have no idea what the "jelly scrolling" is, maybe I just don't see it... but the mini 6 really is a beast and the form factor works in so many settings!

I really liked @lazyrighteye's analogy about it being like a digital fields notebook... on point.

Coachingguy

Reactions: lazyrighteye
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.