Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Today we're tracking a pair of deals on Apple's two MagSafe accessories, the MagSafe Charger and MagSafe Duo Charger. The most notable deal can be found on Verizon for the MagSafe Duo Charger, priced at $96.74, down from $129.00.

magsafe-duo-perspective-feature.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

The previous best price on this accessory was at Best Buy earlier this year, when it was $99.99. With Verizon's sale today, we now have a new record low price on the MagSafe Duo Charger, and you can get free two day shipping on the accessory from Verizon.

MagSafe Duo launched in December 2020 and offers a ‌MagSafe‌ charging puck for the ‌iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 lineups, along with an Apple Watch charger. The ‌MagSafe‌ Duo features a foldable design for easier portability, and it ships with a USB-C to Lightning cable.

Amazon is offering Apple's MagSafe Charger for $27.14, down from $39.00. This remains the best price we've ever tracked on the MagSafe Charger at any retailer.

The MagSafe Charger magnetically aligns with the magnets in the iPhone 12 and iPhone 13. It's also compatible for wireless charging with iPhone models dating back to the iPhone 8. It has an attached USB-C cable, but it doesn't come with a 20W USB-C Power Adapter.

Be sure to visit our full Deals Roundup to shop for even more Apple-related products and accessories.

Article Link: Deals: Apple's MagSafe Duo Charger Hits New All-Time Low Price of $96.74 on Verizon ($32 Off)

August11

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2019
The magsafe duo is still way too expensive. It feels like a normal charger to me, not a premium charger (with a premium price tag). Belkin's 3-in-1 charger is a good example of what a premium-priced charger should look like imo
Belkin-BoostCharge-Pro-MagSafe-3-in-1.jpg

Last edited:

Abuhafsabd

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2021
YMMV but I wouldn’t buy from Verizon unless you are a current Verizon customer. I tried to buy Siri remotes from them when they were on sale a couple months ago, didn’t hear anything for weeks about my order, reached out to Verizon customer service, and they were unable to locate my order because I wasn’t a Verizon customer. Got the runaround for days till I was finally able to get with someone to view my order and see what was wrong with it, and it was sitting in limbo for some odd reason so I just canceled it.

Xtir

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2021
It's funny in a way: apple leaves more and more out of the iphone, raise the price without it and we're happy buying it as an accessory ..

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2013
Overpriced but really useful for when I'm traveling. Cancelled it on my iPhone 13 Pro order and ordered here instead, no point in wasting $30.

juan99999

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2015
My issue with the apple charger is that you also need:
- a $20 apple charger (you don't get 20W charging with a non apple one you happen to have like you do with just a cable)
- a $20 extention cord
- a magsafe case
So even at the above discounted price... You're still at least $67 plus tax in...

McG2k1

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2011
Overpriced but really useful for when I'm traveling. Cancelled it on my iPhone 13 Pro order and ordered here instead, no point in wasting $30.
Yeah I bought this when it was new and reached the same conclusion, way overpriced but probably a decent thing for a hotel nightstand. I also though it was too light vs the strength of the magnet. Returned mine but I might pick it back up if normal business travel ever resumes.

coachgq

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
The magsafe duo is still way too expensive. It feels like a normal charger to me, it doesn't justify a premium price tag. Belkin's 3-in-1 charger is a good example of what a premium-priced charger should look like imo
View attachment 1834151
It’s a whole lot easier to carry in your backpack when traveling than the Belkin you have posted. Just like iPad mini, you’re paying a premium for portability.

Reactions: Kram Sacul

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2013
Yeah I bought this when it was new and reached the same conclusion, way overpriced but probably a decent thing for a hotel nightstand. I also though it was too light vs the strength of the magnet. Returned mine but I might pick it back up if normal business travel ever resumes.
I played around with one in the Apple store and thought it felt very well made and I'll get a ton of use out of it. With how I travel I like to have as few things as possible. I'm waiting for Anker to release a new high wattage dual USB-C charger so I can power my upcoming 14" MacBook Pro, iPhone, and Watch all from the one charger.

Pezimak

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2021
What was that charger that looks like this Apple one but stands up in a folded triangle shape that was on the front pages the other day? I prefer the look of it, can't remember who made it? It worked with all iPhones too including non MagSafe ones.

EDIT: Ah never mind I found it, it was on Engadget:

catracho504

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2018
With the new Apple Watch 7 they will release the updated version witch fast charge and wall charger included. You will see ;)

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
What was that charger that looks like this Apple one but stands up in a folded triangle shape that was on the front pages the other day? I prefer the look of it, can't remember who made it? It worked with all iPhones too including non MagSafe ones.

EDIT: Ah never mind I found it, it was on Engadget:

Oh wow, this actually looks pretty good. I wonder how's the quality on these.

The Apple magsafe duo, for traveling purposes are really good but I somehow can't justify the price.

Reactions: Pezimak

The Game 161

macrumors Penryn
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I still use main daily. It stays downstairs and often i need to put my Apple Watch on charge after a workout and is used for my daughters Apple Watch at night so holds a need. The Belkin 3 in 1 is used for bedside

Pezimak

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2021
Oh wow, this actually looks pretty good. I wonder how's the quality on these.

The Apple magsafe duo, for traveling purposes are really good but I somehow can't justify the price.

Yes I do wonder about the quality. But you could use it as a desk charger and a travel charger. Not sure I can get it in the U.K. though.

August11

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2019
It’s a whole lot easier to carry in your backpack when traveling than the Belkin you have posted. Just like iPad mini, you’re paying a premium for portability.
For sure. The Belkin charger is a very different product. My point was that you aren't getting enough of a "premium experience" with the magsafe duo to justify the price tag. It just feels like a normal charger to me. Nothing special.

UrbanJoe1

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2020
Im still skeptical of induction charging fir my iPhone as it gets hot. My concern is it will degrade the adhesive integrity. Has anyone experienced any issues with this? otherwise this is a very cool minimalist designed accessory.

richard4339

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2006
Illinois
Amazon is offering Apple's MagSafe Charger for $27.14, down from $39.00. This remains the best price we've ever tracked on the MagSafe Charger at any retailer.

I bought one on Verizon’s website last night for $19.99 due to them giving $10 accessories and it already being on sale for $29.99

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.