Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon today is offering $10 in Amazon credit when you spend $100 or more on the Apple Gift Card. This card is digital and will be delivered to you via email, and the offer will automatically be applied at the checkout screen.

Apple-Giftcard-Feature.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Amazon's wording on the sale is somewhat confusing, so if you don't see the sale automatically applied at checkout, you can use the code APPLEOCT at the checkout screen to get the deal. For most shoppers, however, the deal should apply automatically.

It's been just over a year since we last tracked deals on iTunes gift cards, because Apple phased those out in favor of the new Apple Gift Card. This makes Amazon's sale today of particular note, since you won't find a straight cash discount on these cards again, but can at least get credit added to your Amazon account.

All of the Apple Gift Cards on this page are supported under the new promotion, as long as you customize one to be worth $100 or more. The gift cards are sold by ACI Gift Cards, LLC, which is owned by Amazon and was related to iTunes gift card discounts in the past.

If you're on the hunt for more discounts, be sure to visit our Apple Deals roundup where we recap the best Apple-related bargains of the past week.

Article Link: Deals: Get $10 Amazon Credit When Purchasing a $100 Apple Gift Card

Last edited:

peoplesyak

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2015
Thanks for the tip. I miss the days of 20-25% discounts, but they aren't coming back. I figured I might as well take the free $10 and stack it with the Discover It 5% cash back at Amazon this quarter. I used the affiliate link, so I guess everyone's losing money on this deal except for me and MacRumors. ?

abemonkey

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2009
Thanks for the tip. I miss the days of 20-25% discounts, but they aren't coming back. I figured I might as well take the free $10 and stack it with the Discover It 5% cash back at Amazon this quarter. I used the affiliate link, so I guess everyone's losing money on this deal except for me and MacRumors. ?
I’ll be doing the exact same. My question is - can you use the code more than once?

Reactions: BluefinTuna

rmimac

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2011
Anyone have any luck with this? I purchased a $100 apple gift card, and the title of the gift card before checking out included "Get $10 Amazon promotional credit..." (see attached screenshot). During checkout though I didn't see anything, and haven't received anything in my email beyond the $100 apple gift card.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 11.24.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 11.24.15 AM.png
    434.6 KB · Views: 1,415

applefanboysince93

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2018
While not the same as the discount, Target had $20 gift card bonuses paired with $100 Apple ones last Black Friday week. So hopefully occasionally there’s something like those days…

lacrossegoalie4

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2004
Missouri and Chicago
Anyone have any luck with this? I purchased a $100 apple gift card, and the title of the gift card before checking out included "Get $10 Amazon promotional credit..." (see attached screenshot). During checkout though I didn't see anything, and haven't received anything in my email beyond the $100 apple gift card.
Same here. I'm waiting to see if the Amazon card comes. Ordered the Apple card maybe 30 min ago; it arrived immediately and applied no problem.

Phil77354

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2014
Pacific Northwest, U.S.
It's not an Amazon card, it is a credit that is made available to you on your Amazon account. You'll see it on your account page or when you make your next purchase on Amazon, it will be available to use (or will be automatically applied).

Reactions: ElectronGuru

cjgrif

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2011
Salisbury, MD
I put in the code during checkout even though I don't think I had to, but when it said it applied, it also said the credit would show up on my account in 3 days. That has been pretty standard for Amazon credits like this.

BruiserB

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2008
While not the same as the discount, Target had $20 gift card bonuses paired with $100 Apple ones last Black Friday week. So hopefully occasionally there’s something like those days…
I bought a bunch of these last fall. Hope they offer it again. Agree the promotions are fewer and further between, but when one happens, it’s worth stocking up since the credits can now be used to buy hardware/accessories from Apple instead of just iTunes credit.

peoplesyak

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2015
I guess I didn't get my credit the first time. I went back and used the code APPLEOCT and it told me I qualified for the $10 credit. Two gift cards for me, doodley-dee.

nquinn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2020

Target did 20% back as recently as last black friday

Reactions: CoMoMacUser

dfbills

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2003
Anyone have experience buying gift cards from CardCookie? They are one of the very few resellers with a 5% off Apple cards.

goomba478

macrumors regular
May 10, 2012
Thanks MacRumors! I stacked this with my 5% back on the Amazon Card and redeemed another $25 in points. Worked out well ^_^. Now to continue waiting for the new larger iMac....

Reactions: Blaine

ellsworth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2007
Target is currently running the same $10 deal as Amazon except you get a Target Giftcard instead of it being Amazon credit.

Also, glad to get an extra $10 to put towards my maxed out 2021 M1X Macbook Pro that will probably cost $5k. :D

marvin_h

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2015
Yes it won’t happen unless you enter the code APPLEOCT during checkout.

kkclstuff

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2015
NYC
Nice, 85'll Getcha 100!

buying it with your amazon visa get you "another" 5% in rewards points:
$100GC + $10 Amazon GC + 5% ($5) Amazon Visa Rewards

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.