Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

DailySteals today has a notable sale on the AirTag 4-Pack, available for $89.00 with code ADSTAG, down from $99.00. This is just the second deal we've ever tracked on the AirTag 4-Pack, and it's beating Woot's sale from earlier this month by about $5.

AirTag-and-Lavender-iPhone.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

You'll need to add the accessory pack to your cart and then enter the code ADSTAG at the checkout screen to see this deal. The AirTag 4-Pack is in stock today and ready to ship, and DailySteals is offering free shipping (3-7 business days).

Additionally, these are brand new AirTags and are not used or refurbished. Be sure to visit our full Deals Roundup to shop for even more Apple-related products and accessories.

Article Link: Deals: Get an AirTag 4-Pack for New Low Price of $89 ($10 Off)

ToomeyND

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2011
Worth noting: I don't have kids.

Is it really worth it to people to spend this kind of money on beacons? What are the use cases you have that justify these costs? I've seen mention in the past of adding one to a bike, that makes sense to me...I guess. I'm just not seeing the need here. Thanks for answers.

alexandr

macrumors 68040
Nov 11, 2005
11201-121099

Is it really worth it to people to spend this kind of money on beacons? What are the use cases you have that justify these costs? I've seen mention in the past of adding one to a bike, that makes sense to me...I guess. I'm just not seeing the need here. Thanks for answers.
first of all — these are not intended for kids...

i have one in my car — the rest are on keys and for luggage.

also, considering we're talking about apple products — what "kind" of money are we really talking about?..

ToomeyND

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2011
first of all — these are not intended for kids...

i have one in my car — the rest are on keys and for luggage.

also, considering we're talking about apple products — what "kind" of money are we really talking about?..
Haha. I didn't mean that they should be ON the kids, rather that kids are more likely to lose things. So my adult life is a little less chaotic than I imagine my life would be with kids and the need to track things would increase.

Luggage is an interesting example. Is the thought that you'd be able to communicate with an airline where they lost your bag?

Reactions: Robert.Walter

alexandr

macrumors 68040
Nov 11, 2005
11201-121099
Haha. I didn't mean that they should be ON the kids, rather that kids are more likely to lose things. So my adult life is a little less chaotic than I imagine my life would be with kids and the need to track things would increase.

Luggage is an interesting example. Is the thought that you'd be able to communicate with an airline where they lost your bag?
well, the initial thought is that when i land in, let's say — moscow and see that my luggage is still in new york — i won't waste time at the conveyor belt. but i suppose, you could direct the airline to your bag if they couldn't locate it.

davidako

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2021
The only reason to buy 4 AirTags is for 4 people with their own keys.

Apple crippled these with their obsession over stopping imaginary stalkers who are clever enough to use tech and rich enough to buy Apple but too stupid to remove the non-soldered speaker.

warpdrive

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2013
The only reason to buy 4 AirTags is for 4 people with their own keys.

Apple crippled these with their obsession over stopping imaginary stalkers who are clever enough to use tech and rich enough to buy Apple but too stupid to remove the non-soldered speaker.

Yeah, I'm struggling to find a use out of all of my 4 tags. Without the ability for others in my family to Find My for shared items, it's only good for items that always travel with you. My wife can track me with my phone due to Location Sharing, but why can't she track my Airtag with Family Sharing?

davidako

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2021
Yeah, I'm struggling to find a use out of all of my 4 tags. Without the ability for others in my family to Find My for shared items, it's only good for items that always travel with you. My wife can track me with my phone due to Location Sharing, but why can't she track my Airtag with Family Sharing?

Apple has disbanded their user experience department and expanded their marketing department. They only care about the “message”, even if that message makes zero ****ing sense whatsoever. See also their recent attempts to convince people that constantly scanning every user’s devices for illegal content is going to protect children.

M-5

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008

I only have one AirTag which is attached to my Keys (for Home & Car). And when I go out, I typically keep my keys inside of a small satchel that I carry that also has my wallet, sunglasses, and other small things. So $30 was a small cost to pay for reassurance that I may recover any one of those items in the event that I may lose them.

And there have been a couple of times where I have been heading out to work, and I had forgotten where I placed my bag, so it's really convenient to not have to spend time searching for it around the house.

sherwinzadeh

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2008

Obviously for stalkers who stalk multiple people :)

• Haha

tooloud10

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2012
Weird how people are still hesitant about spending $89 on a 4-pack of AirTags because they don't think they have a use for them. I've already used one to recover my kid's $2k bicycle--it was stolen overnight and located two miles away from home and sitting in the thief's living room when the police knocked on the door.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW

I have the Chipolo ONE Spot, not Airtags. But personally, I've found it worthwhile to put one on my keys - for playing a sound when I can't find them. Also iOS 15 has a new "left behind" feature which can be handy (Obviously I'd notice pretty quickly if I'm driving to work! But sometimes I take transit, and I have left my house keys in my office a few times). I'm also tempted to put one on our pet - we live in a semi-rural area, and more than once we've had to go roam around looking for a dog that's gotten out of the yard. One of our dogs wandered off for a couple days before we tracked her down...

These are nice-to-have features, but certainly one can live without them.

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011

My expensive bike, car/house keys, wallet, camera/laptop bag.
I just seen a story where someone put one in their car that got stolen and found it when the cops couldn’t.

Robert.Walter

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2012

Their application is limited only by one’s imagination.

cmcbhi

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2014

PSST, Here's a secret. If you want your family to be able to find your AirTags just have them sign in to your Apple ID.
Presto-Chango-Bing-Badda-Boom.
They can now track your airTags.

"use cases you have that justify these costs?"
C'mon, Man. You buy the latest Apple Products and you mention cost???

alexandr

macrumors 68040
Nov 11, 2005
11201-121099
PSST, Here's a secret. If you want your family to be able to find your AirTags just have them sign in to your Apple ID.
Presto-Chango-Bing-Badda-Boom.
They can now track your airTags.

"use cases you have that justify these costs?"
C'mon, Man. You buy the latest Apple Products and you mention cost???
i'm all for airtags, but i don't think having your family sign into your apple id is a great idea. i don't think i would want that, i can see numerous things getting messed up.

Reactions: eyeseeyou

cmcbhi

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2014
i'm all for airtags, but i don't think having your family sign into your apple id is a great idea. i don't think i would want that, i can see numerous things getting messed up.
Other solution:
Set up an Apple ID for use with FindMy.
There are ways to limit users; pick your poison.

Reactions: alexandr

evatar

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2013
So, now I can buy a 4-pack of AirTags that sh*t the bed the second I try to pair them with my iPhone? Fantastic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.