Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon today has Apple's 14-inch M1 MacBook Pro (M1 Pro, 16-core GPU, 1TB SSD) for $2,249.99 with on-page coupon, down from $2,499.00. This sale is available in both Silver and Space Gray, and you won't see the sale price until you reach the checkout screen due to the automatic on-page coupon.

14in-MacBook-Pro-Deals-Red-Orange.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

With the coupon, this deal takes a total of $249 off the original price of this 14-inch M1 MacBook Pro. To date this is the best discount that we've ever tracked on this model, and only Amazon is reaching this low of a price at this time.

Note: You won't see the deal price until checkout.

You can find even more discounts on other MacBooks by visiting our Best Deals guide for MacBook Pro and MacBook Air. In this guide we track the steepest discounts for the newest MacBook models every week, so be sure to bookmark it and check back often if you're shopping for a new Apple notebook.

Article Link: Deals: Get Apple's 14-Inch 1TB MacBook Pro for All-Time Low Price of $2,249.99 ($249 Off)

• Wow
Reactions: amartinez1660

reubs

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2006
I've got a 16" intel MBP, but now that I've discovered the wonder of a second monitor, I think a 14" in is in my future. Not this one, though; I'll wait for the next round of revisions.

StupidOpinion

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2021
I've got a 16" intel MBP, but now that I've discovered the wonder of a second monitor, I think a 14" in is in my future. Not this one, though; I'll wait for the next round of revisions.
should wait until M3 Pro/Max imo. if we are going off of M1 -> M2 rumors, the M2 Pro/Max will just be slight upgrades while i read a rumor a month or two back that M3 was a much bigger upgrade.

Lucas Curious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2020
trading my intel 16" for a base M1 16" was like going from a dad bod to getting abs. Its really a fantastic device. That Intel was like dating a toxic person.

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
should wait until M3 Pro/Max imo. if we are going off of M1 -> M2 rumors, the M2 Pro/Max will just be slight upgrades while i read a rumor a month or two back that M3 was a much bigger upgrade.
Honestly, I think the same. The jump to 3nm is going to be big, and that won’t happen with the upcoming M2. It’s probably coming for the M3. Then, the next big jump will come when TSMC transitions from FinFet to Gate All Around transistor design, but maybe that means waiting too much.

Of course, if you need a new computer now and you cannot wait, then sure, the M1 are great machines, but if you can wait, the 3nm gen or even the first GAA gen will be a sweet moment to buy a new Mac.

Last edited:

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Can I get a 15" Macbook Air please? M1 or M2, no need for Plus/Pro/Max/whatever. 2 USB-C ports is fine. Just include a good webcam please.

alexe

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2014
Honestly, I think the same. The jump to 3nm is going to be big, and that won’t happen with the upcoming M2. It’s probably coming for the M3. Then, the next big jump will come when TSMC transitions from FinFet to Gate All Around transistor design, but maybe that means waiting too much.

Of course, if you need a new computer now and you cannot wait, then sure, the M1 are great machines, but if you can wait, the 3nm gen or even the first GAA gen will be a sweet moment to buy a new Mac.

What on earth is everybody talking about.

You know what a sweet moment is to buy a new Mac? Now.

You guys are talking about how you're only interested in buying when there is a significant update, and the most significant update of the last decade just happened lol

You know what people like you will be thinking when that "3nm or first GAA" generation is going to eventually be released in five years? That it's better to wait five years for a significant update ?

Just never buy a Mac and perpetually wait for that next huge update.

phillypharm

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2012
I got the base 8/14 with 1TB from adorama. Appleinsider has an affiliation coupon that took it to $2.035. Also, no sales tax and the free shipping was 2 business days (says 7-10). Saved quite a bit compared to direct from apple and didn’t have to wait. If you don’t need the 10/16, then save another $200+. You don’t get the fast charger, but I already have plenty of 100W usb-c chargers and it charges fast already as is.

Reactions: amartinez1660

kirk.israel

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2016
Horses for Courses, but I went from an Intel Air to a 16" with M1 Pro, and I absolutely adore the large screen. I have a good 32" LG when I'm at my desk (with the 16" in front as a second monitor and keyboard) but especially when I'm on the couch or what not: 16" spits into two usable halves nicely, in a way the Air didn't.

So do whatever feels best for you, but you might miss the screen real estate, even if you often use a second monitor.

kirk.israel

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2016
trading my intel 16" for a base M1 16" was like going from a dad bod to getting abs. Its really a fantastic device. That Intel was like dating a toxic person.
Yeah, I go between my Intel for work and M1 Pro for "fun", both 16"

If you ever desperately need your wrists heated, the Intel is the way to go, totally... or if you need a white noise machine...

Sir_Macs_A_Lot

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2020
This is an excellent deal. I'd jump on it if I didn't already have that exact model.
Yeah. I'd be all over this as well if the rumored new MBA wasn't a few weeks away. If the Air doesn't meet my needs I'll just have to wait until the Pro goes on sale again (I don't have a Costco membership).

reubs

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2006
That’s how I ended up with the Intel. Pandemic hit, and the iPad I was using wouldnt cut it and I’d already retired by 10 yr old MBP. I knew something like Apple Silicon was rumored, but I needed one then.

It’s okay, though. For my needs, the intel is still fine. But it’ll be exciting to upgrade nonetheless.

Reactions: Populus

profcutter

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2019
What on earth is everybody talking about.

You know what a sweet moment is to buy a new Mac? Now.

You guys are talking about how you're only interested in buying when there is a significant update, and the most significant update of the last decade just happened lol

You know what people like you will be thinking when that "3nm or first GAA" generation is going to eventually be released in five years? That it's better to wait five years for a significant update ?

Just never buy a Mac and perpetually wait for that next huge update.
You say that like it’s a problem. If you think you can wait till the next gen ships, you may not need to upgrade now. Why upgrade u til you absolutely have to? By waiting, you end up with the latest and greatest at that moment, you save money by avoiding an unnecessary upgrade, you get to experience a major jump from your old machine, I fail to see a problem here. If you need to upgrade do it when you need it. Otherwise, there’s no rush.

Reactions: Populus

kirk.israel

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2016
You say that like it’s a problem. If you think you can wait till the next gen ships, you may not need to upgrade now. Why upgrade u til you absolutely have to? By waiting, you end up with the latest and greatest at that moment, you save money by avoiding an unnecessary upgrade, you get to experience a major jump from your old machine, I fail to see a problem here. If you need to upgrade do it when you need it. Otherwise, there’s no rush.
Yeah, and Mac longevity is very good. But if you don't want to run a Mac into the ground, then the arguments about "sure upgrade, but hold off [new chip development X]" are silly - you can/should absolutely ignore every chip development and just grab the latest that meets your needs, presumably when your current machine bites it (hopefully not in a way that makes it hard to get info off of it....)

But, if you ARE looking for a bump, and especially if you are puttering along with an Intel chip baking your wrists and running hugely loud fans, now is a particularly sweet time to get that jump - the chips are a big improvement, have been around just long enough that there shouldn't be bleeding edge surprises, and so the idea that "well next year there will be even better chips" shouldn't bother you, because there will ALWAYS be better stuff next year, you gotta decide how to live your life now

CalMin

Contributor
Nov 8, 2007
Killer deal. I bought this same version retail + AppleCare. Never runs its fans unless I do something silly like 4k encoding.

norwaypianoman

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2008
Norway
forget M3. wait for M5. Rumors say M5 will render an 8k 5min video 5 seconds faster than the M3. Personally I'll wait 10 years for the M5
@Lucas Curious c") We are a gang of british-minded professionals, still using the iMac from 2006. And we loosely call ourselves the "Mi6" - after the iMac 6.1.

Maybe you will join us on waiting for the "Mi6" ? or M6 ? We´d be honored. :D
#WaitWithUs

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.