Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon today has Apple's 256GB 13-inch M2 MacBook Pro for $999.00, down from $1,299.00, along with a deal on the 512GB model as well. At $300 off, these discounts represent new record low prices for the 2022 13-inch MacBook Pro.

macbook-pro-school.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

You can get the 256GB model in both Silver and Space Gray at this price on Amazon. Delivery is estimated for around October 12 through October 16, depending on your Prime membership status.

The 512GB 13-inch M2 MacBook Pro is available for $1,199.00 on Amazon, down from $1,499.00. Only Silver is available at this price, although there is an on-page coupon you can click to get the Space Gray model at a second-best price of $1,249.99.

Keep up with all of this week's best discounts on Apple products and related accessories in our dedicated Apple Deals roundup.

Update: As of the afternoon of 10/5, Amazon has ended these deals. We aren't sure if they will restock soon or not, so be sure to check back if you're interested.

Article Link: Deals: Get the 13-Inch M2 MacBook Pro for New All-Time Low Price of $999 ($300 Off) [Update: Expired]

Last edited:
Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

Agincourt

Suspended
Oct 21, 2009
This really doesn't deserve to be called a 'pro' model. A $1600 USD variant discounted to $1300 should have 16 GB RAM standard at minimum. If Apple wants to continue supporting a 13 inch pro laptop it must have something on the air models, otherwise you might as well buy an air with upgrades for about the same price.

And still that Control Strip instead of function keys?!

CalMin

Contributor
Nov 8, 2007
This really doesn't deserve to be called a 'pro' model. A $1600 USD variant discounted to $1300 should have 16 GB RAM standard at minimum. If Apple wants to continue supporting a 13 inch pro laptop it must have something on the air models, otherwise you might as well buy an air with upgrades for about the same price.

There is a slight performance edge over the air with sustained workloads, but I really think it exists so that Apple can say MacBook Pro starting at $1300.

I’ll let others debate the “pro-ness” of 8Gb Ram this time. All I know is that an 8Gb M2 Air can handle the pro workflows in my work life (however I’m not a creative pro, more of an office pro with a side in creative stuff)

I do agree though that it’s a very niche product and that an M2 Air is a much better choice for most, and those needing more would be better served with an M2 Pro or Max.

Wokis

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden

But that's what it has over the Air. The touch-bar!

I'm only half-joking, I kinda like that bar.

• Love

deconstruct60

macrumors G5
Mar 10, 2009
There is a slight performance edge over the air with sustained workloads, but I really think it exists so that Apple can say MacBook Pro starting at $1300.

It isn't so much performance as battery life. A compare snapshot at the moment.

wireless web times:
MBP 13" M2 17 hrs
MBP 14" - M2 Pro/Max 12 hrs
MBA 13" M2 15 hrs [ Same hours for the 15" version. Highly likely on purpose. It is just an option with a bigger screen and as little additional weight as mandated by the bigger screen. Just enough 'extra' battery to power the 'extra' screen. ]

There are a substantive number of people that put 'max usage time on battery' as feature they need to get their work done. The MBP 13" fills that role if a lighter weight package. ( mobile and longer battery life. The 16 can play movies longer, but wireless web ... not. Better consumption device, but not 'work mobile unplugged' one. )

The cry's about but only has 8GB/256GB ... there is a configuration option for more. Apple isn't making folks buy the lowest configuration.

trusso

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2003
I don’t mind the bezels. I hate the notch. But get rid of the damn Touch Bar. And make 16GB RAM standard. Otherwise I’m sticking with my M1 Air.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
Still loving my M1 MacBook Pro 13 inch I bought in November of 2020. Still super fast and fluid with Ventura. I probably won't get a new MacBook Pro until 2027, but will likely get a Mac Studio when we get to M5 in the interim.

sdjcl

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2014
I don’t mind the bezels. I hate the notch. But get rid of the damn Touch Bar. And make 16GB RAM standard. Otherwise I’m sticking with my M1 Air.
trust me, you won't even notice it after a week. Everyone bitched about the notch on the iphone and the Mac at first. Now I don't even see the notch.

Reactions: WiscoNicky

sdjcl

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2014

Maybe Apple could meet people half way and make standard memory 12G. Since 256G is slower and wear faster, maybe they should make 512G storage the default.

nathansz

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2017
It is ridiculous. ESPECIALLY since they do call it a 'Pro' model. Apple execs should be embarrassed to call this pro
For sure.

To be fair, I can see a place for a machine with those specs for just browsing the web and email or whatever

But that should be $500

CalMin

Contributor
Nov 8, 2007
But that's what it has over the Air. The touch-bar!

I'm only half-joking, I kinda like that bar.

Funnily enough, my step-dad bought this form factor BECAUSE of the Touch Bar! He's really impressed with it, and he was disappointed that my M1Pro doesn't have a TouchBar given 'all the money it cost'. 🤣

I was neither a Touch Bar hater nor lover. I used it to adjust volume, brightness and occasionally in apps. It didn't add much for me, nor take much away. I mostly thought it pointless because my machine is used while docked 80-90% of the time and there wasn't an external keyboard equivalent.

ImAlwaysRight

macrumors 6502a
If you're buying a MacBook with 8 GB of RAM, why wouldn't you just buy the M1 MacBook Air for $750? I can't see spending $250 more for a marginal difference in performance.
That's exactly what I did. Last year there was a seller on eBay selling refurbished M1 MBA 16GB/512GB/8core for $800, no tax. He had 5 available, I bought all 5, one for each member of my family. The M1 is leaps and bounds ahead of the Intel MacBooks. Faster, doesn't get hot, we love them.

CalMin

Contributor
Nov 8, 2007
That's exactly what I did. Last year there was a seller on eBay selling refurbished M1 MBA 16GB/512GB/8core for $800, no tax. He had 5 available, I bought all 5, one for each member of my family. The M1 is leaps and bounds ahead of the Intel MacBooks. Faster, doesn't get hot, we love them.

That's quite the haul! Most 'normal' computer users won't need more computer than that for years, unless there's a radical shift in computing. An M1 MacBook Air is a heck of a thing vs. ANY Intel Mac for general productivity work and even moderately intensive creative work. With 16GB/512, you're all set in case needs grow as well.

The only thing that I could see changing that is on-device AI but then we will all need new computers.

Anglagard

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2021
If you're buying a MacBook with 8 GB of RAM, why wouldn't you just buy the M1 MacBook Air for $750? I can't see spending $250 more for a marginal difference in performance.
Better battery, faster speeds, better cam, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.