Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Woot today has Apple's previous generation Apple TV 4K (32GB) in new condition, priced at $99.99 for Amazon Prime members and at $109.99 for everyone else. When this device originally launched in 2017 it was priced at $179.00.

2017-apple-tv.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Woot. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

If you're a Prime member, you can sign into your account on Woot by clicking "sign in with Amazon" on the Account tab. At checkout, you'll get an additional $10 off. This deal lasts for one day only.

Note: You won't see the deal price until you sign into your Prime account.

This version of the Apple TV 4K is the previous generation model that launched in 2017, and as such it has the older Siri Remote model. It is in new condition, and Woot limits one per customer during this sale.

If you're on the hunt for more discounts, be sure to visit our Apple Deals roundup where we recap the best Apple-related bargains of the past week.

Article Link: Deals: Get the Previous Gen Apple TV 4K for $99.99 (Prime Members Only)

chewbaka

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2014
I’ve never purchased from Woot before. Their FAQ is confusing and I’m disinclined to patronize them, but it’s a good deal and I’ve been considering a ROKU player.

What is the returns and manufacutrers warranty situation for Apple products from Woot?

rabidbadger

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2010
I’ve never purchased from Woot before. Their FAQ is confusing and I’m disinclined to patronize them, but it’s a good deal and I’ve been considering a ROKU player.

What is the returns and manufacutrers warranty situation for Apple products from Woot?
As per the Woot Apple TV sale page it is Apple's standard warranty for a new product. Woot is basically just an extension of Amazon at this point. Also, its sold out now so it doesn't matter :)

chewbaka

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2014
As per the Woot Apple TV sale page it is Apple's standard warranty for a new product. Woot is basically just an extension of Amazon at this point. Also, its sold out now so it doesn't matter :)
Haha noice. I’m not a prime member, so with the $10 extra plus shipping, less of a deal anyway.

Also, the Amazon parentage is part of my disinclination. I’ll get a Roku or ATV next time they’re on sale from Best Buy. I’m not in urgent need.

salutcemoi

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2021
This model has no YouTube HDR support as a FYI. It only allows 4K SDR YouTube. It works fine for the normal HDR10, Dolby Vision streaming content.
I've set my Apple TV 4K (2021) to 4K SDR because it looks much better than HDR
My TV supports HDR 10

I dunno, maybe it's just my TV's fault lol

UnusedLoginID

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2012
I should order this. This is genuinely my favorite remote for a tv type device.
The remote is available for less than $20 new, for those of you nostalgic ones. Never liked the old remote, it's not ergonomic and too easy to inadvertently tap a button... not that the new remote is a great ergonomic design either!

Reactions: Philly-GUI-Dude

Philly-GUI-Dude

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2009
The remote is available for less than $20 new, for those of you nostalgic ones. Never liked the old remote, it's not ergonomic and too easy to inadvertently tap a button... not that the new remote is a great ergonomic design either!
I was excited about the new remote, I didn't dislike the old one, but thought, hey - this must be better, right? Well after having it for about a month, I hate the new remote.

I also keep having this issue with the newer 4K Apple TV, it keeps switching between audio formats, and cutting audio - I have reset the entire Apple TV several times, same issue. This is not my TV, I brought back my other older 4K Apple TV with old Siri remote - and no audio issues, no idea why this was happening. I had moved the older Apple TV to another room thinking the newer Apple TV was better or faster, but I see no improvement.

I am returning the newer Apple TV with new remote back to Amazon, and placed this Woot one.

Reactions: ScholarsInk

w5jck

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2013
They are already sold out, so this deal is no longer available! Perhaps Apple is trying to get rid of the remaining stock of 2017 models.

I’ve read several forum threads saying ATV 4Ks are sold out at many retail stores too. So maybe Apple is having supply issues. I doubt we will see an update to the 2021 model any time soon though.

harriska2

macrumors 68000
Mar 16, 2011
Oregon
I wouldn’t buy it for $10. Roku does everything we need for $30: Amazon, Netflix, and Plex. Total subscription cost is about $30 per month and we order stuff off Amazon so get faster shipping to boot. Tried Apple subscription and there just wasn’t anything of interest to us.

Reactions: Someyoungguy

aliasfox

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2004
I was excited about the new remote, I didn't dislike the old one, but thought, hey - this must be better, right? Well after having it for about a month, I hate the new remote.

I also keep having this issue with the newer 4K Apple TV, it keeps switching between audio formats, and cutting audio - I have reset the entire Apple TV several times, same issue. This is not my TV, I brought back my other older 4K Apple TV with old Siri remote - and no audio issues, no idea why this was happening. I had moved the older Apple TV to another room thinking the newer Apple TV was better or faster, but I see no improvement.

I am returning the newer Apple TV with new remote back to Amazon, and placed this Woot one.
I didn't have audio issues, but I had video issues with my AppleTV 4k. It turns out it didn't like my HDMI cable. Bought a new one and it was fine. Might be similar for you?

Anyway, part of me is tempted, but the TV that doesn't have an AppleTV on it still has the AppleTV+ app, as well as Netflix, Amazon, and YouTube, so aside from a slightly faster interface, I'm not sure I see any value in getting this.

Reactions: Philly-GUI-Dude

ScholarsInk

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2010
I've set my Apple TV 4K (2021) to 4K SDR because it looks much better than HDR
My TV supports HDR 10

I dunno, maybe it's just my TV's fault lol
Probably is. Many/most "HDR" labeled TVs can accept the signal, but can't actually reproduce it properly.

So unlike, say, 4K content on a 1080p display where it acts like supersampling, because these are mismatched color/lighting signals, it just comes out looking wrong.

Reactions: salutcemoi
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.