Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Today we're tracking a few deals on the iPad Pro and Magic Keyboard at Amazon, which is providing multiple all-time low prices on the 2020 11-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro. Likewise, the Magic Keyboard accessories remain at their lowest prices on Amazon this week.

iPad Pro

iPad-Pro-Orange-Feature.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Sale prices start at $849.00 for the 256GB Wi-Fi 11-inch iPad Pro, down from $899.00. There are a few more deals on the larger screened 12.9-inch models, which start at $949.00 for the 128GB Wi-Fi 12.9-inch iPad Pro, down from $999.00.

11-Inch iPad Pro

• Wi-Fi 256GB - $849.00 at Amazon ($50 off)
  • Wi-Fi 512GB - $1,049.00 at Amazon ($50 off)
12.9-Inch iPad Pro

• Wi-Fi 128GB - $949.00 at Amazon ($50 off)
  • Wi-Fi 256GB - $999.00 at Amazon ($100 off)
  • Wi-Fi 512GB - $1,149.00 at Amazon ($150 off, lowest price)
  • Wi-Fi 1TB - $1,399.00 at Amazon ($100 off)
  • Cellular 128GB - $1,049.00 at Amazon ($100 off, lowest price)
  • Cellular 256GB - $1,189.94 at Amazon ($59 off)
  • Cellular 1TB - $1,499.00 at Amazon ($150 off, lowest price)

Magic Keyboard

Secondly, Amazon is still discounting Apple's Magic Keyboard, for both the 11-inch iPad Pro and the 12.9-inch iPad Pro. Starting with the larger model, you can get the 12.9-inch Magic Keyboard for $249.99, down from $349.00. You'll see this price reflected at the checkout screen on Amazon, following the automatic application of a $79.01 coupon.

magic-keyboard-sale-feature-yellow.jpg

This remains the best price we've ever seen for this accessory, with the previous Amazon low price at around $315. The Magic Keyboard provides a full keyboard with a trackpad, backlit keys, and a floating cantilever design that lets you adjust the iPad Pro to find the best viewing angle.

You can get 11-inch Magic Keyboard at $100 off as well, priced at $199.00, down from $299.00. This is another lowest-ever price, and the accessory works with fourth-generation iPad Air models as well.

For even more iPad deals, head to our full Best Deals guide for iPad. In that guide we track the best discounts online for iPad, iPad mini, iPad Air, and iPad Pro. Additionally, be sure to visit our Deals Roundup to shop for even more Apple-related products and accessories.

Article Link: Deals: Low Prices Hit 2020 iPad Pro Models (Up to $150 Off) and Magic Keyboards ($100 Off) on Amazon

Phuz01

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
I really don't understand Amazon sometimes. I purchased the 12.9" magic keyboard a couple of weeks ago at full price. When I called Amazon customer services to inquire about the lower price, instead of just crediting me the difference, I had to order a new keyboard at the lower price and then return the old one (at a cost of $8 for shipping). So I got back $100 (when you include the tax), but Amazon had to spend the money to ship the second keyboard, and they received back a keyboard that could not be re-sold as "new." That doesn't seem like smart business practice.

jonen

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2019
I really don't understand Amazon sometimes. I purchased the 12.9" magic keyboard a couple of weeks ago at full price. When I called Amazon customer services to inquire about the lower price, instead of just crediting me the difference, I had to order a new keyboard at the lower price and then return the old one (at a cost of $8 for shipping). So I got back $100 (when you include the tax), but Amazon had to spend the money to ship the second keyboard, and they received back a keyboard that could not be re-sold as "new." That doesn't seem like smart business practice.
It didn't used to be like that, but my guess is that Amazon made a directional change for their customer service regarding instances like this. I've confirmed with several reps over the past year or so that my only option was to rebuy & return instead of a simple credit to save them money and save me time.

Amazon is most likely just forwarding the fees related to returns to the manufacturer.

Reactions: Phuz01

averagenerd81

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2020
Out there man
It didn't used to be like that, but my guess is that Amazon made a directional change for their customer service regarding instances like this. I've confirmed with several reps over the past year or so that my only option was to rebuy & return instead of a simple credit to save them money and save me time.

Amazon is most likely just forwarding the fees related to returns to the manufacturer.

It has been like this for years for me. Amazon has never given me a refund and always required I send the item back and re-order.

Reactions: Phuz01

VSG

Contributor
Aug 9, 2014
Well, this only applies to the US - once again.
Here in Europe, I've been waiting for months for a discount on the 11" Magic Keyboard. Last week, the 12.9" was reduced to 299 € while the 11" was still at 330 € … for 200 € I wouldn't have to waste a second thought and buy it in an instant.

Captain Trips

macrumors demi-god
Jun 13, 2020
Unless you are desperate for a good Tablet, I wouldn’t be in a rush to pick up Pro with new models on the horizon.
Especially since I am sure we will see more sale prices and probably better prices as the new models get close to release and / or after the release of the new models.

Reactions: Mr. Dee

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
$200 for the 11” AMK is good price for that. Gets it down close to sanity. Best to buy now, if you want to preserve that.

Of course if they change the 11” inch in a couple of weeks, and you need to buy that, this could be an issue.

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003

I think the reasoning is it’s worth their cost to them to add friction to the process for customers. Otherwise, it’s to easy for anyone to email and get a quick rebate.

Not saying this is true. Not saying it’s smart. But if I had to guess based on what a lot of other companies do, it’s probably something like this or something far more banal which is inventory and reporting simplicity.

mi7chy

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2014
While these are good deals in terms of the percentage of the price taken off, I still cannot justify spending $249 for an iPad keyboard/cover.

$249 is reasonable if it was designed as well as the Surface Pro keyboards that can flip around in tablet mode and not get in the way and light weight at 0.74#. Magic Keyboard, however, is a rigid brick at 1.3# and designed as bad as Magic Mouse.

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
$249 is reasonable if it was designed as well as the Surface Pro keyboards that can flip around in tablet mode and not get in the way and light weight at 0.74#. Magic Keyboard, however, is a rigid brick at 1.3# and designed as bad as Magic Mouse.
Just one persons opinion. Mine is the opposite. The weight is essential for balance. And it’s true the SP has a wonderful kickstand type keyboard, it’s a different concept. I’ve been using the AMK for a while, and also have used the Surface for quite a while, and it’s apple/oranges. There’s a clunky aspect to Surface. The little fold out back stand is annoying. And it’s in two parts, which is cumbersome. Also terrible on a lap, for a ‘laptop’.

What I really like about the AMK is how the screen is extended forward. Genius design.

Last edited:
Reactions: notabadname

oosamon

Contributor
May 6, 2013
Not sure I'd put serious bank (even during a sale) into anything less than an A14X chip, as nice as the 2018/20 iPad Pros are.

Phuz01

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
Not sure I'd put serious bank (even during a sale) into anything less than an A14X chip, as nice as the 2018/20 iPad Pros are.

Upgrading from a 2017 Pro, the 2020 Pro was a sufficient spec bump for me. And I hit the sweet spot where the lower price, the use of Amazon points, and the sale of my 2017 on eBay meant I was able to break even on the cost of the newer model. That feels almost as good as having the latest hardware.

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
So does this sale signal there will be a new iPad Pro 2021 soon? It also probably means my current iPad Pro MK will not work with the 2021. Sigh:rolleyes:

Reactions: mrsebsin

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
So does this sale signal there will be a new iPad Pro 2021 soon? It also probably means my current iPad Pro MK will not work with the 2021. Sigh:rolleyes:

Maybe not, but if you buy it you can return it if it doesn’t. That’s what I did. I won’t open it until I know. Just is a good deal, and may not last. A couple weeks.

Phuz01

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
Probably a "yes" to both. The good news is resale values on iPad Pros and accessories like the pencil and the magic keyboard are pretty high if you're willing to put in a little effort.

xxray

macrumors 68000
Jul 27, 2013
Micro Center has a few deals on the iPad Pro that are better than these, just FYI

reyesmac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Central Texas
While these are good deals in terms of the percentage of the price taken off, I still cannot justify spending $249 for an iPad keyboard/cover.
The $249 makes sense to me only if the iPad it's hooked up to can run MacOS Apps. And even then its priced high to up-sell customers on a laptop and make them overpay if they still choose to save money. Otherwise it's an overpriced bluetooth keyboard. But for the occasional computer user a tablet you can use as a real laptop for not too demanding work would be a worthy upgrade for someone who has both but doesn't really need both.

Reactions: mi7chy

w5jck

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2013
Amazon changed their purchased price refund policy years ago. Once upon a time if Amazon offered a discount on an item you had purchased at full price within a certain window of time, they would refund the difference. It was never automatic though as you had to contact their CS and request the refund. But some years back they changed the policy and will no longer refund the difference. I'm guessing they assume many people will not want to take the steps to re-box their full price purchased item, ship it back for a return refund, then wait on the reduced price item to ship to them. I bet they are correct about that too because many people will likely say, "To heck with it, it isn't worth the effort..." If the discount was relatively small, then it wouldn't be worth the effort. In the long run, I bet Amazon actually makes more money with the current policy than when the original policy made it crazy easy to get a refund of the difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.