Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Woot today is offering Apple's Magic Trackpad 2 in new condition for the all-time low price of $89.99, down from $129.99. This is one of Woot's flash sales, so you only have today to take advantage of the $40 discount.

magic-trackpad-orange-image.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Woot is selling the Magic Trackpad 2 in brand new condition, and it includes a Lightning cable in the box. The Magic Trackpad 2 is compatible with Macs and iPads (running iPadOS 13.4 or later), and only the white color option is on sale today.

If you're on the hunt for more discounts, be sure to visit our Apple Deals roundup where we recap the best Apple-related bargains of the past week.

Article Link: Deals: Magic Trackpad 2 Hits Low Price of $89.99 ($40 Off)

MrMacintoshIII

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2019
Finally bit and got one of these. The price is right, and I like the option this provides on top of a mouse, but not exclusively in place of one!!

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
Just to note, I think this is the "old" Magic Trackpad 2. Functionally identical to the "new" one, but the new model has more rounded corners to match the new Touch ID keyboard corner radii. This one matches the old magic keyboard corners.

Also the new one comes with the nice braided lightning cable vs the standard old cable.

MrMacintoshIII

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2019
Just to note, I think this is the "old" Magic Trackpad 2. Functionally identical to the "new" one, but the new model has more rounded corners to match the new Touch ID keyboard corner radii. This one matches the old magic keyboard corners.

Also the new one comes with the nice braided lightning cable vs the standard old cable.

Bah. Well, since the functionality is identical, still worth it at this price. I was never able to pull the trigger at anything under a 30% discount.

nvmls

Suspended
Mar 31, 2011
Still by far the best pointing device for a computer anywhere in the world. And nothing else even comes close.
You wish, can't even beat the magic mouse which is an ergonomics abomination with mediocre battery life.

Yes, we use both Trackpad & MM.

• Disagree
Reactions: Macative

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
Fascinating. I hope I feel the same.
It is great. I end up using mine with a mouse though, Trackpad to the left, mouse to the right. Mouse is for general pointing, trackpad for gestures like swiping/scrolling. Best of both worlds. But I always switch up my input devices, I'd happily use only the trackpad.

unrigestered

Suspended
Jun 17, 2022
trackpad is indeed great for general OS or app navigation, but for tasks like photo editing it's crap.
even some tasks like drag & drop of files isn't all that great either.
can't imagine it being great for gaming too, at least fast first person shooters, but i'm not gaming on computers anymore.

Isengardtom

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2009
trackpad is indeed great for general OS or app navigation, but for tasks like photo editing it's crap.
can't imagine it being great for gaming too, at least fast first person shooters, but i'm not gaming on computers anymore.
no indeed not great for gaming, although I use it to play 2 point hospital sometimes and for that kind of game it’s ok

I got this instead of the mouse because the Magic Mouse isn’t great to begin with and the Trackpad also works better with my iPad Pro I find.

Reactions: philipc121

MrMacintoshIII

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2019
Does anyone use the trackpad with their MacBook Pro 14” or 16”? Would you get it?

Or is it strictly to be used for iMacs and Mac Studio?
I’m planning to use it with my laptop docked with an apple studio display, and attached magic keyboard and a non-apple mouse because apple insists on not making a good mouse.

Trackpad will probably be on the left or else with my mouse on the right, but further to the right.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.