Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A new sale has hit Apple's MagSafe Duo Charger today on Amazon, now available for $112.45, down from $129.00. The MagSafe Duo includes a Lightning to USB-C cable, but not Apple's 20W USB-C Power Adapter.

magsafe-duo-perspective-feature.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

We have seen the MagSafe Duo Charger drop to $99.99 at Best Buy in the past, but that sale has never returned after first hitting in early March. Today's offer is the first new deal we've tracked on the accessory since that time, and it's the lowest price Amazon has offered.

MagSafe Duo launched in December 2020 and offers a ‌MagSafe‌ charging puck for the ‌iPhone 12‌, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, and 12 mini, along with an Apple Watch charger. The ‌MagSafe‌ Duo features a foldable design for easier portability, and it ships with a USB-C to Lightning cable.

Also on sale is the regular MagSafe Charger, available for $34.00, down from $39.00. Although just $5 off, this is the best price we've tracked on the Apple first-party accessory. MagSafe maintains compatibility with Qi charging, so it can be used to wirelessly charge an iPhone 8 or later, and even AirPods.

Be sure to visit our full Deals Roundup to shop for even more Apple-related products and accessories.

Article Link: Deals: MagSafe Duo Charger Drops to $112.45 on Amazon ($16.55 Off)

theheff

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2006
Denver, CO
Curious if anybody has this and still likes it. Thought about buying it but something stopped me. Maybe it’s the price tag

Knowing full well that it's priced 2-3 times what it should be, I really enjoy mine. It makes watch and phone charging so simple on the nightstand and travels well when I'm on the road. It folds up easy and isn't an eye sore. I tried several 3rd party products and just wasn't as happy.

rldunn

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2010
Ann Arbor, MI
I echo the other 2 users. This is definitely over-priced. But very well made. Really convenient on my nightstand, only requiring 1 wire. Can pick up my phone or watch with one hand. And then, just unplug and fold it up to take for travel. I'm glad I got it.

minik

macrumors demi-god
Jun 25, 2007
somewhere
Curious if anybody has this and still likes it. Thought about buying it but something stopped me. Maybe it’s the price tag
I bought one 2 months ago and love it. I meant it does the job and save an extra AC adapter to take up space. This is my first time charging my iPhone or Apple Watch with a non-5W AC adapter.

• Disagree
Reactions: kcslc and artfossil

JetLaw

Cancelled
Jan 21, 2009
The aesthetic of that thing actually grosses me out, which (fortunately) is not something that I can say about any other Apple product.

szw-mapple fan

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2012
Knowing full well that it's priced 2-3 times what it should be, I really enjoy mine. It makes watch and phone charging so simple on the nightstand and travels well when I'm on the road. It folds up easy and isn't an eye sore. I tried several 3rd party products and just wasn't as happy.
That's the thing with a lot of Apple accessories. They give you these nice but small conveniences that you often just can't find anywhere else even though the price is obscene. I would probably grab a refurb when prices come down more.

Nabby

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
I don't know about you, but when I go somewhere for a week I need to charge my phone and Watch. :cool:
(Don't really like to rely on my miracle powers, especially when other people are around.)
I knew what the misunderstanding was, and I still laughed at this response. Thanks!

Reactions: artfossil
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.