Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's MagSafe Duo Charger has dropped to $99.99 today at Best Buy, down from $129.00. This is the first time we've ever seen the new MagSafe Duo Charger receive a notable discount at one of the major Apple resellers, with Amazon only offering between $2 and $3 off in the form of coupons over the past few weeks.

magsafe-duo-perspective-feature.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

MagSafe Duo launched in December 2020 and offers a ‌MagSafe‌ charging puck for the ‌iPhone 12‌, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, and 12 mini, along with an Apple Watch charger. The ‌MagSafe‌ Duo features a foldable design for easier portability, and it ships with a USB-C to Lightning cable.

If you're on the hunt for the regular MagSafe Charger, Amazon has this accessory for $34.00, down from $39.00. Although just $5 off, this is another lowest-ever price on the Apple first-party accessory. MagSafe maintains compatibility with Qi charging, so it can be used to wirelessly charge an iPhone 8 or later, and even AirPods.

Keep up with all of this week's best discounts on Apple products and related accessories in our dedicated Apple Deals roundup.

Article Link: Deals: MagSafe Duo Charger Drops to $99.99 at Best Buy ($29 Off, Lowest Price)

Kingpetxr

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2018
Apple needs to seriously consider rethinking their marketing strategy. World is not equipped for $75+ phone accessories. All retailers are heading towards barebones packaging e.g no headsets with new consoles, no charging bricks with new phones, etc. Its really a mainstream problem now and makes the purchase that much more unjustifiable.

Comment

jclardy

macrumors 68040
Oct 6, 2008
Call me when it is $50. This is nice for travel, but pretty crappy for a nightstand device. Instead I bought the Material Dock from Studio Neat. This makes it so I never miss the charging puck, but don't have to push the charger down when I pick up my phone. Also looks way nicer.

Comment

AmazeSE

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah use the savings to buy a power adapter for it since this duo charger doesn’t come with one.

Comment

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
Terrible for night stand use. Good for travel I guess. I want a nice looking actual stand that does phone, watch and AirPods. This accessory seems pointless, especially at $99 on sale 😂😂

Reactions: xnu
Comment

IllinoisCorn

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2021
Now this is a product I have not heard of since it was announced.

Anybody have one and like it?

Comment

IllinoisCorn

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2021
Apple needs to seriously consider rethinking their marketing strategy. World is not equipped for $75+ phone accessories. All retailers are heading towards barebones packaging e.g no headsets with new consoles, no charging bricks with new phones, etc. Its really a mainstream problem now and makes the purchase that much more unjustifiable.
I’ve been using consoles since the days of the NES. Never has a headset been bundled with any kind of mainstream base console system

Comment

DeepIn2U

Suspended
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
get rid of the first 9 then we'll talk

Call me when it is $50. This is nice for travel, but pretty crappy for a nightstand device. Instead I bought the Material Dock from Studio Neat. This makes it so I never miss the charging puck, but don't have to push the charger down when I pick up my phone. Also looks way nicer.

I would buy this at $19.99, not a cent more. That is how much I value this product.

You guys DO KNOW ... there are alternatives right? And yes ... one of them does INDEED come in Black ;)

Reactions: SuperCachetes
Comment

IIGS User

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2019
Nice travel option.

If you still have money to travel after you buy it. Maybe get a hot dog and a Pepsi when you get to your destination with your pocket change.

• Disagree
Reactions: CK1Czar
Comment

JohnApples

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2014
I know this has been out a while but I STILL can’t figure out the price on this thing.

A MagSafe charger is $40. An Apple Watch charger is $30. Total: $70. This thing is $130- a whopping $60 more than buying them separately.

You are quite literally paying 60 bucks for the convenience of being able to fold this thing up and having a single cord instead of 2. That’s it. It doesn’t even come with the brick.

Usually bundling products together is cheaper than buying them separately.

I’m a heavy traveler. I travel for work and leisure multiple times per year (under normal circumstances). I also have an iPhone 12 and Apple Watch. This should be the product for me. I am *the* target audience. But $130 is insulting and I will gladly take a few seconds to wrap up my cords and toss it in a suitcase instead of paying for this. At the VERY least, price it at $99 standard.

okay, rant over.

Last edited:
Comment

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I understand the corded MagSafe chargers because they are "wireless", but stick to the back of your phone. What is the benefit to this product over a QI charger with Apple Watch stand?

Comment

dvdlovr24

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2008
I know this has been out a while but I STILL can’t figure out the price on this thing.

A MagSafe charger is $40. An Apple Watch charger is $30. Total: $70. This thing is $130- a whopping $60 more than buying them separately.

You are quite literally paying 60 bucks for the convenience of being able to fold this thing up and having a single cord instead of 2. That’s it. It doesn’t even come with the brick.

Usually bundling products together is cheaper than buying them separately.
The watch part of the duo is closer in design to the Apple Watch charging dock which is priced at $79.

Comment

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 68040
Sep 27, 2008
Super heavy traveller here that has a wide-range of Apple products, but I too find Apple’s pricing on this to be insulting as well. It should be priced at $79 without a power adapter or $99 with a power adapter.

Out of principal, I will not buy it.

Reactions: freedomlinux
Comment

and 1989 others

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2016
Even after all this time I still cannot believe how terribly cheap this looks. Would not look out of place amongst the cheap knock off electronics at the local market. Certainly does not scream 'premium accessory'.

Comment

IllinoisCorn

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2021
I remember having to buy a second controller for the Sega Genesis. Consoles have been barebones since (at least) then.
Right! The Genesis was the first to screw you out of the second controller.

A few years later, it was bye-bye included game also.

Reactions: djeeyore25
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.