Deals: Sales Hit Across Apple's Entire MacBook Family, Starting at $899.99 for 2020 MacBook Air

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

There is a collection of Mac-related discounts happening today on Amazon, including solid sales on the 2020 MacBook Air, 2020 13-inch MacBook Pro, and 2019 16-inch MacBook Pro.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Sales start with the 256GB MacBook Air at $899.99, down from $999.00. You can also get the 512GB model for $1,199.00, down from $1,299.00. These are both matching the lowest-ever prices we've tracked for the 2020 MacBook Air.

For the 13-inch MacBook Pro, Amazon has the 256GB model (1.4GHz, 8GB RAM) at $1,199.99, down from $1,299.00. Likewise, the 512GB notebook is on sale for $1,399.00 ($100 off) and the 1TB model is on sale for $1,799.99 ($200 off).

Lastly, you'll find the 512GB 16-inch MacBook Pro for $2,099.00 on Amazon, down from $2,399.00 (also matched at B&H Photo). If you're shopping for the 1TB model, you'll find this notebook on sale for $2,499.99 on Amazon, after you add it to your cart and see a $49.01 discount at checkout.

We've begun tracking the best monthly deals on all new MacBook Pro and MacBook Air notebooks in our new "Best Deals" guide. Be sure to visit the guide and bookmark it if you're on the hunt for a new Apple notebook; we'll be updating it weekly as we discover new MacBook offers across the web.

Article Link: Deals: Sales Hit Across Apple's Entire MacBook Family, Starting at $899.99 for 2020 MacBook Air

Blackstick

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2014
Sunny South Florida
Who knows, maybe Boot Camp-supporting Macs will command a premium?
I spent 7 years working the Genius Bar from 2007 to 2014, arguably the hey-day of Boot Camp. Helped thousands of Mac customers, I saw two Macs configured with boot camp. Now granted, the intersection of someone needing Boot Camp and the services of the Genius Bar is a small one, but it was almost never encountered.

AZcjohnson

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2019
North Stonington, CT, USA
I spent 7 years working the Genius Bar from 2007 to 2014, arguably the hey-day of Boot Camp. Helped thousands of Mac customers, I saw two Macs configured with boot camp. Now granted, the intersection of someone needing Boot Camp and the services of the Genius Bar is a small one, but it was almost never encountered.
I worked at an Apple Authorized Service Provider for over a decade and maybe dealt with a dozen boot camp setups. Virtualization through Parallels or VMWare was much more common.

velocityg4

macrumors 601
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
So are these scam offers or is the person who wrote the details about these Macs on Amazon clueless?

The "2020 Macbook Air" lists as coming with El Capitan.
The "2020 Macbook Pro" lists as coming with Mojave.
The "2019 Macbook Pro" lists as coming with Mac OS 9.

listing.jpg

Last edited:

Mr. Dee

macrumors 68020
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
I have absolutely no intention to buy a Mac until 2 years after this transition. Considering my 2015 13 MBP is on the list of supported Macs, I don’t have to worry. But I believe just like the PowerPC to Intel transition, Apple will likely complete the transition by June of next year and there likely will be a minimum of 2 more Intel MacOS releases with the last one getting updates for a long time.

Reactions: bobdobalina

akbarali.ch

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2011
Mumbai (India)
Buying an Intel Mac makes no sense.
Actually depends at what cost you buying. if you are getting Macbook Air then you dont intend to run it for 6-7 yrs, so one can still get a Macbook Air right now. But if you are planning to get top spec'd Macbook pro then i'd say, hold on. Buy some used one and drag yourself another year and check what ARM looks n feel like.

Also, as far as the rumours goes, the ARM version could be a premium device with miniLED stuff and if it is, then its hardly a competitors for Macbook Airs available for today or in other words, its hardly a choice for a Macbook Air buyers.

Reactions: LeeW

Funky_Alphonzo

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2018
Belgium
I doubt 6-8 years, it will be much sooner. But if you are counting every last person then obviously that argument is at a totally different level. I think 3 or max 4 yrs, after that Intel ones would be only in used market space.
It seems you are mistaking availability for obsoleteness. Obsolete will be when they cant upgrade to the latest OS anymore... 6 year old computers - today - will be able to run Big Sur ... there will be intel macs in stores for the next two years + 3 years extended warranty offered... 6 to 8 years does not seem too far of then...

Reactions: 69Mustang and fbr$

now i see it

macrumors 603
Jan 2, 2002
And yet  said that there are still new Intel Macs coming in the future — so Intel CPU Macs will be around for a very long time

c3dw

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2016
The "obsoleteness" being thrown around here is grossly overstated. You'll be fine with the computers being sold now for at least the next six years, probably longer. The fact of the matter is you can't even buy one of the new computers yet.

If you're one of those people that want to keep your Macs for 10+ years, then yeah, wait. For me I need laptops and I get 2-3 years max out of them because I run them ragged at 10+ hours a day. My concern level for buying an Intel laptop at the moment is zero. If anything I'd be excited about steeper discounts coming soon.

Taylor710ce

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2013
I regret purchasing our spec'd out 2020 MBA. Even with light usage the heat dispersion issue is real. I tried returning mine but it was slightly after 30 days. There should really be a force majeure clause...

I would recommend the MBP.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
My MacBook Pro is being delivered today... and is going back in its unopened box. I’m going to wait and watch how good the new one will be.
The ARM based ones will run much cooler and have longer battery....
- - Post merged: - -

Hopefully the ARM Macs will be a lot cheaper..

$799 for a base mini is what my more powerful Gaming PC costs 5 years ago...

The base A12X should only be $599...

Last edited:

dmylrea

macrumors 68030
Sep 27, 2005
The ARM based ones will run much cooler and have longer battery....
Given how long it takes Apple to release an updated Macbook Pro (one with new design and not just a spec bump), I can't begin to imagine when we will see an Apple Silicon-based Macbook Pro. All new innards required. What would they use for a dGPU?

Serge88

macrumors member
May 5, 2008
I won't buy a intel-mac, I'm expecting my next mac to last ten years. I still have my iMac 2007 that I bought after the transition to intel but I only use it for specific task. My Mac pro 2009 is probably good for a year or two before I move to the A series.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Given how long it takes Apple to release an updated Macbook Pro (one with new design and not just a spec bump), I can't begin to imagine when we will see an Apple Silicon-based Macbook Pro. All new innards required. What would they use for a dGPU?
Probably nothing - which is the point of using the one in the ARM - dGPU's run hot and take up space/energy...

Duncan-UK

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2006
As ever it completely depends upon what you are going to use the Mac for. Many people will simply want a rock solid reliable non-windows machine to do basics such as web browsing and office. There's no reason to especially delay a purchase, although if I was in a position to upgrade my (admittedly lightly used) MacBook Pro from 2013 I'd now hold off due to the desire of wanting the new shiny kit. But that's me speaking as a geek and not as a normal person.

BTW my MacBook Pro is still a terrific machine and unless it breaks I won't be rushing to replace it. It "just works".

Reactions: aajeevlin

4jasontv

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2011
Actually depends at what cost you buying. if you are getting Macbook Air then you dont intend to run it for 6-7 yrs, so one can still get a Macbook Air right now. But if you are planning to get top spec'd Macbook pro then i'd say, hold on. Buy some used one and drag yourself another year and check what ARM looks n feel like.

Also, as far as the rumours goes, the ARM version could be a premium device with miniLED stuff and if it is, then its hardly a competitors for Macbook Airs available for today or in other words, its hardly a choice for a Macbook Air buyers.
Why wouldn’t you expect to get 7 years from a MacBook Air? We have an 2010 11 inch Air that is still being used every day. It has seen a BS, and MS, and 4 years of work. She says it runs fine and despite offering to get her a new one she claims Apple doesn’t have a comparable Mac.

CheesePuff

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2008
Southwest Florida, USA
I doubt 6-8 years, it will be much sooner. But if you are counting every last person then obviously that argument is at a totally different level. I think 3 or max 4 yrs, after that Intel ones would be only in used market space.
They will still be selling a brand new Intel based Mac in 2 years, and Apple supports devices for 4 years after last being sold new (minimum), so 6 years at least.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.