Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon today has Samsung's 32-inch Smart Monitor M8 at the new all-time low price of $499.99, down from $699.99. This is the updated version of the monitor (M80C) that launched over the summer, and it beats the previous record low price that we tracked in September by $80.

new-smart-monitor-m8-red.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Samsung launched this refreshed version of the Smart Monitor M8 back in June, including updates like HDR10+ support and a portrait orientation option. Amazon only has the Warm White option at this $499.99 price tag, and it provides an estimated delivery date between October 7 and October 11 depending on the shipping options you choose.

If you're looking for more Samsung monitor deals, there are a few happening on Samsung's website this week. This includes $800 off the 49-inch Odyssey Neo G9 Curved Gaming Monitor and $700 off the 55-inch Rotating Odyssey Ark Monitor.

Be sure to visit our full Deals Roundup to shop for even more Apple-related products and accessories.

Article Link: Deals: Samsung's New 32-Inch Smart Monitor M8 Hits All-Time Low Price of $499.99 ($200 off)

Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

alexandr

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2005
11201-121099
It would be cool if websites used the geolocation data to display the local price of items displayed.

As in, most prices I see are in USD, but I’m in Canada, so it would be awesome if that conversion was made automatically.

Just a thought.
Great idea! With live updates too, so if you're in a country with unstable currency — you would be able to see the price fluctuate.

mandrake2016

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2016
It would be cool if websites used the geolocation data to display the local price of items displayed.

As in, most prices I see are in USD, but I’m in Canada, so it would be awesome if that conversion was made automatically.

Just a thought.

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2015
I only wish these smart monitors were modular and could be upgraded physically… after 5 years or so the screen portion is fine, but the smart portion is struggling.

An industry standard port would be a real welcome addition to these.

Either that or just include the really good speakers and rely on multiple HDMI ports.

Rockanrolero

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2019
I have the 43" M7 and it’s solid… just wish it had PBP and PIP 🤷🏻‍♂️

LG recently discontinued theirs and I don’t see an immediate replacement in the works

But as a WFH monitor/Apple TV compliment, it’s a solid choice

JiggyJaggy

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2020
I had one for a few days to try it out. Couldn't gel with it for some reason. Mainly because I wanted to use it wirelessly but it just wasn't the same as using a really good res monitor (I have a Dell which just works perfect with one USB-c cabe).

Im sure the Samsung is amazing and Im sure someone will confirm that shortly but it just didn't suit me personally.

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
Just got these (or at least a similar Samsung model) at work. Not sure why we got these rather than a "dumb" monitor. We don't need to watch TV on them. We just need to connect to our computers.

One thing I do like is if we attach via USB-C, it sends the video & power in 1 cable. However, I'm a little surprised that the power cord is a 2-prong plug and not a 3-prong, grounded plug.

Last edited:

TheOldChevy

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2020
Switzerland
Maybe a stupid question, but what is "smart" in a smart monitor ? I understand the concept of smart TV (not saying I like it) but a monitor is not expected to have any smartness IMHO.

Akrapovic

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2018
Scotland
Maybe a stupid question, but what is "smart" in a smart monitor ? I understand the concept of smart TV (not saying I like it) but a monitor is not expected to have any smartness IMHO.
It's the same idea. Has a remote. Can stream video native on the monitor. Aimed at people with limited space (student in a dorm room) where you can't have a monitor and a TV for example.

Radin.Y

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
Michigan
I had one for a few days to try it out. Couldn't gel with it for some reason. Mainly because I wanted to use it wirelessly but it just wasn't the same as using a really good res monitor (I have a Dell which just works perfect with one USB-c cabe).

Im sure the Samsung is amazing and Im sure someone will confirm that shortly but it just didn't suit me personally.
AirPlay won't do more than 1080p, sadly. I had that hope too, initially. just use USB-C now. Love the data/power through option in one cable.

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
Waiting to see what the 27" Viewfinity S9 gets discounted to.

Look at this as a general guide for Samsung sale prices: about 30% off.

Viewfinity S9 $1599 minus 30% = approx. $1119. My guesses at:
  • Extra aggressive deal $999,
  • Not quite so aggressive for a "latest/greatest" $1199.
Now when? My guess: Black Friday may be too soon... but maybe. Right after New Years?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.