Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Samsung is back this week with new discounts on a wide variety of categories, and in this article we're focusing on monitors and TVs. The highlights of the sale include the 27-inch ViewFinity S9 5K Display at $300 off and the Smart Monitor M8 at $200 off.

samsung-viewfinity-s9-3.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Starting with the newer 27-inch ViewFinity S9 5K Display, this monitor is available for $1,299.99, down from $1,599.99. This is a match of the all-time low price on the device, which we last tracked around Prime Day, and you'll find the same price on Amazon.

The ViewFinity S9 is a 27-inch display with a Thunderbolt 4 port, three USB-C ports, and a Mini DisplayPort, and it includes 90 watts of power for machines connected through the Thunderbolt 4 port. A removable 4K SlimFit webcam supports tilt adjustments, as well as Auto Framing of subjects in the shot, similar to Apple's Center Stage feature. Built-in speakers with an Adaptive Sound+ option to automatically adjust noise levels are also included.

The new model of the 32-inch Smart Monitor M8 is also on sale, available for $499.99, down from $699.99. This is a second-best price on the M80C model, and Samsung has every color at this price. On Amazon, it's only available in Warm White.

We've gathered a few more monitors and TVs on sale below, but be sure to head to Samsung to see the full extent of the sale. This event is set to run the rest of the month, and end on November 1. The prices on Amazon are not directly part of the Samsung website event, so they could expire sooner.

Keep up with all of this week's best discounts on Apple products and related accessories in our dedicated Apple Deals roundup.

Article Link: Deals: Samsung's New Weeklong Event Has Low Prices on ViewFinity S9 5K Display and Smart Monitor M8

Bob-K

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2014
Oakland, CA
Last edited:

currocj

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
Earth
Once it hits $999 I maybe interested.
Correct.

The LG 5K display is selling for around ~$980 on amazon right now. Samsung needs to match that or come within $100. $1299 for a fancier webcam and added minidisplayport doesn't do it for me.

bradman83

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2020
Buffalo, NY
Correct.

The LG 5K display is selling for around ~$980 on amazon right now. Samsung needs to match that or come within $100. $1299 for a fancier webcam and added minidisplayport doesn't do it for me.
The build quality of the Samsung is significantly better than the LG with a sturdier aluminum enclosure, as well as offering more adjustment options than the LG (or the base Studio Display) and Thunderbolt 4 support.

Reactions: Jumpthesnark

icwhatudidthere

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2019
How did a screen not work on your Mac? In what way?
I’m not OP but I use an LG monitor with my MacBook. It works as a display but none of the sleep functions work with Macs. So every few minutes, the monitor wakes up to display an error message. Really annoying as it’s in my bedroom. I always end up unplugging the Mac at night because of it.

Reactions: DailySlow

oofio2461

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2021
 Full Moon
Going to buy the Air 5 for a gift, but weirdly the Prices are at Full MSRP! idk if apple forced them to end discounts but why end the iPad discounts close to black Friday?

DailySlow

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2015
NOVA
I have similar issue with a Samsung monitor HDMI from a Mac Mini M1. Sleep does not kill the screen - I just shut it off. It's an annoyance for sure. My desktop picture just displays away until Mac times out if I am away and shuts down.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
If that had this as the default price from the beginning, a lot more people would have been interested. The trouble is the people who were waiting for the Samsung S9 5K ended up just getting an Apple display when the saw the price was the same.

To be fair, the S9 includes an anti-clear coating and a fully-adjustable stand that are $700 for the Studio Display. It also offers both TB and (mini)DP inputs so it is easier to use with both a Mac and PC.

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
My wishful thinking side wonders if these sales could somehow be an indication that a larger screen iMac is about to be announced ..

Seems quite wishful.

If Samsung had the knowledge of bigger screen iMac coming and were worried it would "hurt" sales of these standalone monitors (which can also sell to the much bigger PC world), they could develop a same-sized (or larger) S10 Infinity monitor(s) to roll out about the same day as iMac "bigger." Samsung is not exactly slow-footed at matching interesting offerings from Apple.

Reactions: Blue26

nStyle

macrumors 65832
Dec 6, 2009
If you have a Mac then the Studio Display is worth the extra $200 for sure. The S9 would have to be much cheaper for me to consider it.

coffeemilktea

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2022
If Apple doesn't release a new iMac this holiday season, I'm just going to get one of these and hook it up to my M1 MacBook Pro 😩

Reactions: smythey

trusso

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2003
These look nice, but the last thing I need is a "smart" monitor. My TV is already too "smart" for its own good. Anything that's "smart" is eventually going to show me ads - and Madison Avenue can **** my ****.

samus22

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2015
These look nice, but the last thing I need is a "smart" monitor. My TV is already too "smart" for its own good. Anything that's "smart" is eventually going to show me ads - and Madison Avenue can **** my ****.
My advice is to stay the hell away from the "Smart" monitor. I tried it. It was anything but smart and looked terrible. It went back to Samsung the next day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.