Deals Spotlight: Costco Discounts Apple's HomePod to $199.97 ($100 Off)

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Costco is offering Apple's HomePod for $199.97 today, which is about $100 off the regular price of $299.00. The retailer is only selling the Space Gray version of the HomePod, but those who place an order can expect the speaker to arrive within three to five business days (with an added $4.99 for shipping and handling).

At $199.97, this is one of the lowest prices we've seen on the HomePod, and is a good chance for anyone looking to add more of Apple's smart speakers to their HomeKit setup. Of course, you'll need a Costco account to see the deal, which starts at $60/year. If you're a member, head to Costco today to browse the HomePod sale before it expires.

Apple dropped the price of the HomePod from $349.00 to $299.00 in April 2019. This price drop followed numerous discounts from well-known retailers like Target, Costco, and Best Buy, most of which began following a big discount on the HomePod during Black Friday 2018.

Article Link: Deals Spotlight: Costco Discounts Apple's HomePod to $199.97 ($100 Off)

Reactions: sracer

GregJohn

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2015
Saskatoon, SK
This in Canada too? (Different price of course, but a sake at all?)

i don’t know if a refresh is coming... maybe a cheaper lower end HomePod next year

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Plus $60 to $120 for the membership and $5 for shipping and it's only in space gray.
That’s the caveat, I don’t have a membership to Costco. I don’t care so much about the color, (and space gray probably would be my choice anyways). But given this price that they’re offering, and the sound the HomePod boasts, I’d say that’s a stellar deal.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
We've already got a pair of speakers plugged into an Airport Express which serves us fine in the kitchen - that would really be the only location a HomePod would make even marginal sense for us. But this is a good price for people who are in the market and are also Costco members (which we are).
- - Post merged: - -

And in some cases, myself included, membership ends up being covered by the executive rebate amount.
Our membership more than pays for itself thanks to what amounts to a double rebate - one for Costco purchases, and one that's tied to the Costco credit card. Also gas is 10% cheaper there than our other local stations; and there's an additional 4% back at the end of the year.

MrGuder

macrumors 68030
Nov 30, 2012
It likely means they are trying to get rid of this version's inventory because there is a newer version coming shortly.
Oh...I’m thinking of getting the Apple TV 4K should I wait to see if they release a newer model?

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Too late, I have an echo.
Do you truly believe your echo is comparable to the HomePod? Not even close to being in the same realm as what the HomePod can execute in terms of some sound (<— Which is what the HomePod excels At). But enjoy your echo.

It likely means they are trying to get rid of this version's inventory because there is a newer version coming shortly.
I’d wager probably a mid quarter launch, but then again, Apple is pretty unpredictable with their product releases, I mean, they had MacBooks that launched in July of last year.

DeepIn2U

macrumors 603
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Guess that means a refresh is coming!
Great deal. I love Costco.
can anyone with a Canadian Cosco account signin on this link to check the price please? I’d get an account JUST for this to get my second HomePod

Do you truly believe your echo is comparable to the HomePod? Not even close to being in the same realm as what the HomePod can execute in terms of some sound (<— Which is what the HomePod excels At). But enjoy your echo.
one thing I’m VERY annoyed with the HomePod is the less than stellar limited and lower volume I’m getting from my ATV4 when projecting movies, WWDC, Apple Events, itunes tV shows onto it vs the great volume and range I see from music playback from AppleMusic or direct from my iPhone
[/QUOTE]

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
Depends on which Echo the person has and how that Echo is being used. The sound could vary from the tinny sound of a solidary Dot all the way up to terrific stereo sound if the Echo is integrated into someone's component systems.

lakerchick4life

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2007
That is a great price, got one last yr on black friday for 249 and thought that was a good deal so this one is even better, should have waited oh well

Reactions: decypher44

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
That is a great price, got one last yr on black friday for 249 and thought that was a good deal so this one is even better, should have waited oh well
Yeah, to be honest, I might wait till Black Friday, to see if there’s any more deals/discounts locally, I don’t have a preference of which color, but I have a feeling this one of the first ‘price slashes’ of what’s to come for discounts on the HomePod throughout the holiday season.