DealXtreme in China or the USA?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ChinaAzzi, Jan 29, 2011.

1. ChinaAzzi, Jan 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

ChinaAzzi macrumors regular

I think someone posted a link to DX before. I went to the site and it had this live chat. I asked the person who answered are they in the USA and they said yes. I asked why their prices where so low they said they bought in China. All very good news because finally a seller of discounted Chinese products with a warehouse in the USA. I just went to the site and they have this posted on the top of the site - NOTICE:DealExtreme will temporarily pause from Feb 1st, 2011 to Feb 7th, 2011 for Chinese Lunar New Year Holiday. Please click here for more detail. . Is there anyone here who knows this companies address and phone number in the USA and visited their warehouse? I believe they have the best price for at least bumper because it is less than $3 shippng included. SW, NNC, AE (all in China) do not have those type of deals. With shipping you are around $7 to $8 dollars. Mind you it is traceable shipping. Anyways if any of you have information please post it here. :)

Sorry I just got this from their site DealExtreme
    Room 225-226, Block B, Focal Industrial Centre
    21 Man Lok street
    Hung Hom, Kowloon
    Hong Kong

So they are a Chinese company. It must have been another company that I contacted in the USA. Does anyone know which company in the USA can match the prices offered by DealXtreme, WSbox, NonameChina and Aliexpress? The companies in China have to use 3 methods of shipping the cheapest being HK air mail then moving up in cost to HK registered air mail, Swiss Post, EMS, DHL, UPS, Fedex. If a USA company ships by container to the USA they could offer faster delivery and a lower shipping cost.

I will try to visit DealXtreme in Hong Kong and let you know what I find out. If any of you have already done that please post that here.

2. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

They are chinese and ship from China....shipping takes awhile as well.

3. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

there are dozens more of these Chinese companies other than the ones you are trying to promote ... and none of them are stationed in the USA.

4. dexterdex macrumors newbie

I ordered a iPod touch 4 from one of these companies like this and it took over a month to come in. Just remember the quality of stuff from these guys are generally factory seconds or cheaply made.

5. ChinaAzzi thread starter macrumors regular

I would not take a chance buying any electronic products because so much can go wrong. If you know the company or if your close friends recommend it then you can take a chance. All electronics are built in China and not all are bad but finding out which is which is not easy. Cases are a different story. If the mold is good the cases should only have a 10% reject rate. These discount retailers need good quality control and charge a bit more for that if they need to then build their business by word of mouth. Also they should be more transparent. Nothing wrong in letting customers know how they do their business, post some photos of their packaging, office, main staff etc. It is very important that they give information about what the customer can expect from different type of shipping methods. Free shipping comes at a price and can be a bit misleading. Customers can accept the truth. They already have great prices and with a bit more they can have a great business moldel. :)

6. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

They are definitely a Chinese company. Ships from china. I bought a couple bumpers from them and it took about two weeks for them to arrive.

7. TEHi macrumors regular

They don't ship in boxes, but bags. I've yet to seen a chinese webstore to ship stuff in cardboard box..

8. ChinaAzzi thread starter macrumors regular

You won't see boxes for small order because it goes over the weight limit. If they go beyond that they would have to charge more for shipping which would reduce their competitive edge. If you buy a large quantity it will come in a box and shipping by air express. :)

9. 007bond macrumors 6502a

007bond

I bought a couple and they said they would arrive 7-10 days after they shipped(friday). Don't know if that is a good estimate or not, but I sure do hope so.

10. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

I find the shipping from DX to be very slow....around 1 month or longer. When ordering an item from ebay tho (HK seller) it usually gets to me in 2 weeks. No idea why DX is so much slower.

11. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I import goods from china and hk, it depends on the shipping method. Hk post office is pretty fast.

12. ChinaAzzi thread starter macrumors regular

Tomorrow I will be in Hong Kong and i will get some information from Hong Kong Post. Better to get it from the horse's mouth.:)

13. ChinaAzzi thread starter macrumors regular

Hong Kong Post Rates

I'm in Hong Kong in Pacific Coffee taking a break. More important here are Hong Kong Post rates for shipping Feb 1, 2011 as I promised.

Hong Kong Post offers 4 methods to ship small packages

Ocean - delivered in 2 months - 30 grams 5.60 HK - 0.72 USD
    Air (no tracking) - delivered 7 - 10 days - 30 grams 4.10 HK - $0.52 USD
    Air with tracking - delivered 7 - 10 days - 30 grams 17.10 HK - $2.19 USD
    EMS with tracking - delivered 3 - 4 days - 500 grams 127.00 HK - $16.32 USD

The 7 to 10 days for air can take longer but best for those who ordered products to give us the time it took for their package to arrive.

You also have to include DX cost for a soft envelope, label etc.

Free shipping means that cost of the product is there advertised price less the minimum no tracking rate of $0.52 USD plus soft evelope. 30 grams is enough for 1 to 2 cases to an envelope depending the case. I hope this helps you guys. :)

14. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

So Ocean is more expensive than Air? Am I missing something here?

15. ChinaAzzi thread starter macrumors regular

I did a second take on that too. I asked him was that right and he said yes . Isn't it amazing that ocean would be more expensive than air but there you go.

16. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

It wouldn't surprise me if DX used Ocean as they take forever. Like I said when buying fomr ebay the shipping time is cut in half for me so I assume those sellers use Air.

17. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Ocean is more expensive.

18. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

That makes sense. Technology advances.

19. GT-R macrumors member

i wouldnt recommend ordering from dealxtreme... my items never arrived, took 2 months... i sent them multiple emails about 1 month in, they said keep waiting, and postponed refunding money to me by making excuses... 45 days past, and i was unable to file a paypal chargeback and lost my money... bad customer service and they will not refund you your money

so yeah, you guys have been warned... if you're gonna order from them, be ready to file a paypal chargeback if you dont see anything after a month...

20. ChinaAzzi thread starter macrumors regular

I think their problem is the Free Shipping they offer. They have to send it by regular air mail to save money and regular air mail cannot be tracked. If you report that they advertise 7 to 10 days and you don't get it then you should be able to get a refund immediately from the seller because they have no proof of shipping it to you. If they give you a tracking number then Paypal cannot give you a refund because there is proof of shipping. The upside to you is that you know your order was shipping and you can track it, the downside to DealXtreme is that they have to charge more because registered air mail cost a lot more than regual air mail.

21. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

Yes, it does advance but why would anyone still pick Ocean then? Why bother to still advertise it?

22. ChinaAzzi thread starter macrumors regular

I asked the clerk at Hong Kong Post for all the methods and rates to send small packages overseas and ocean was included in the list he gave me. No one is ever going to offer ocean nor if they did would anyone select it but it's funny to see that it is more expensive than air. :)

23. bklam macrumors regular

Just got my dealextreme apple bumper. Great replica, great fit. It shipped January 15th and arrived on Febuary 2nd.

24. GT-R macrumors member

thing is that i gave them the benefit of the doubt that they did ship my stuff, they kept saying hk post is backed up because of the holidays... i ordered my stuff in september, well in advance of any holiday rush so i call bs...

they kept promising a refund, but would make excuses like they cant process refunds until the end of the month... it wasnt alot of money, but its the principle that matters... they made excuses until 45 days had passed and i could not file a paypal chargeback.

if you guys must order from them, dont delay, pull the trigger on a paypal chargeback if you dont see your package after 3-4 weeks...

25. ChinaAzzi thread starter macrumors regular

The big problem is that you don’t know if they shipped your order or not because you cannot track it. The company also doesn’t know because they too cannot track it. Maybe someone in their office maked it as shipped but it never made it to the post office. There are too many unknowns which can be easly resolved if they pay for tracking. I did a check with one of the 3 discount resellers in China and the package arrived in the city I was sending it to in 5 days. After I made an online purchase for a day or so I did not see any tracking information but the day it was posted gave me a lot of relief.