Dear Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macbook123, Jun 10, 2013.

1. macbook123 macrumors 68000

iOS 7 is stunning, but you forget the most important feature: you need a bigger screen iPhone, or at least a version of one. Too many people want it to ignore it. You guys are using the current iPhone on stage with two hands much of the time anyway. And you talk about the importance of making things like Safari and photos take up the whole screen since screen real estate is so precious. Why in addition won't you give me (and many others who have left because of your tiny screens) that bigger phone so I can finally move back to Apple from Android?

2. filmbuff macrumors 6502a

filmbuff

I don't want to have to carry my phone around in one of these:

[​IMG]

3. OSMac macrumors 65816

4. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Why would you? Is the screen going to be 32"?

5. mlmwalt macrumors 6502a

Not to be a troll, but you can get a 4G iPad Mini and use VoIP. Not everybody is worried about the size of their screen. Mine is quite ample, and it's just a 4s. If I want to look at stuff on a larger screen I break out the iPad.

6. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

This.

I have a 4S because it's the perfect size and never wanted the 5.

I got a iPad Mini for times when I want to do things I don't need my phone for.

7. cardinalryan macrumors 6502

cardinalryan

^^This is absolutely the dumbest most useless post I've ever seen on these boards^^

Seriously...this is why people think that only teenagers use iPhones. How silly.

8. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

LOL! Phablets are ridiculous. The iPhone 5 is about as big as I want my phone to be.

9. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Your most important feature != the most important feature

10. lazard macrumors 65816

then you would need one for the iPhone 5 as well because it's not that much smaller than the S4.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. macbook123 thread starter macrumors 68000

12. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

I'm still curious as to why people was a larger "phone". It seems they want a bigger screen, which to me tells me they don't want a bigger phone but they want a micro tablet....and are trying (in their mind maybe) to combine the two.

Like mentioned earlier, keep the phone a phone and use a tablet (mini?) if you want a bigger screen.
    Just an idea....

13. bertishere macrumors member

i'm curious as to why people wanna continue living in 2007..

before the iPhone 5 came out: "omg 3.5 inches is good enough"
    after the iPhone 5 came out: "omg 4 inches is good enough, i don't need anything bigger"
    after a 5" iPhone comes out: "omg this is perfect"

14. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I'm curious as to how big is "big enough." Last year, the fandroids said the iPhone didn't measure up, and we "needed" a 4 inch screen. Now that it does have a 4 inch screen, THAT doesn't measure up, and "everyone" "needs" 5 inch screens.

So if a 5 inch screen iPhone should ever one, will that suddenly not be big enough? I believe there's a term for this...

15. bertishere macrumors member

after playing with an galaxy s4 as an unbiased user, ahmmm something that majority of the people on here refuse to do, i firmly believe that 5" is the ideal size for myself.

give us options, but keep the 4" screen for people that like it. although i am sure that if a 5" screen were to come out, majority of the people out there would jump to the 5" device :rolleyes:

16. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

Dear Apple,

Please bring back the 3.5" screen size. FFS, it's a PHONE.

Signed,
    Someone who understands the difference between a phone and a tablet, and recognized the need to keep them separate.

17. cardinalryan macrumors 6502

cardinalryan

Really, that should be signed by someone who isn't a forward thinker and obviously hasn't ever held a 4.5" or 5" device.

In practical use, there is ZERO difference between a 4" and 5"...the only real world difference is that your phone is much more useable.

After using the HTC One, I could never go back to a 4" screen, let alone a 3.5" screen. All this, and I still enjoy and use my iPad 4.

It's amazing how far many people on these forums will go to defend Apple's lack of innovation. It's become a larger screen world and that's why the iPhone has been left to teenage girls while productive business persons won't give it a second look.

18. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

I've used PLENTY of phones, including the gaudy 5" Androids. The fact is I don't rely on my PHONE to be a mobile computer.

This is MY point. Some people WANT to have their phone be their computer, and for them, sure a 5" screen is awesome, but some people just want a phone that will easily fit in a pocket(not baggy jeans either), that will let them do the occasional google search or map. For those people, like myself, a 5" screen is just ridiculous. If I want to do more, I have a Google Nexus tablet or a MBP.

I would be as giddy as anyone could be if they made a 3.5" and a 5" iPhone, but that won't happen, so I have to use old tech, or get drug down by people who consider themselves "forward thinkers", who are more likely just the type of people who can't bring themselves to disconnect for 5 minutes of the day.

19. filmbuff macrumors 6502a

filmbuff

Phone sizes are fads that come and go. Give it a few years and small phones will be in again. The one thing I think we can all agree on is that phones with slide out keyboards suck :D

20. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

Haha yes now this I can definitely agree with. LOL

21. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

20 odd posts and it turns out lots of people DON'T want a bigger screen. Looks like apple CAN ignore it!

For me one of the most important function of any phone is it fits in my pocket! If I have to carry it around in a bag (or as you guys say fanny pack), I might as well buy a laptop or take my iPad.

22. lordofthereef, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013

lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I wouldn't say that it won't happen just because it hasn't happened yet. The iPhone is pretty much the only product that Apple continues to make in only one screen size. Even the iPad saw screen size differences. iMacs, MacBooks, etc. all come in at least two different screen sizes these days. Two different (current gen) iPhones might be a reality at some point in time.

----------

Your sample size is 20 people responding to a thread and thus concluding that there are enough people who don't want a larger screen? You are quite the statistician! :D

Alos, "we guys" haven't said "fanny pack" since the mid 80's.

23. Jazwire macrumors 6502a

Jazwire

S3/S4 are uncomfortable to pocket carry.

iPhone5 is wide enough.

Bigger screen is fine, just make it work inside the current phone dimensions.

24. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

I've been around these threads enough to know that quite a lot of people share my viewpoint. The OP stated that apple had basically messed up by not providing a larger screen which is what everyone wants. Clearly this isn't the case. Yes some people will want and like a larger screen, but for me it's big enough. If I can't put it in a pocket then the thing doesn't work for me. And by pocket I mean front trouser/jeans pocket. Any other pocket doesn't work as it's too easy to get lifted from a jacket (if you wear one) or back pocket.

25. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I am sure they do. That doesn't mean your sample size of 20, which you clearly pointed out yourself, means more than bupkiss. Also, your name makes it extremely difficult to take anything you say with an ounce of objectivity. Sorry.

FWIW, pltenty of people on these very forums argued that half the features that are coming in iOS 7 were not needed. That "you should go get an Android then"... Strange that Apple brought all of these features when there were so many people who didn't care for them.