Deathly Hallows pt. 2

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Dr Kevorkian94, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

Who else is seriously exited for this movie, i just reread book seven and will re watch pt.1. Im planning on getting tickets for midnight on the 14th. The thread is open to discussion about anything so go ahead......:D

2. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

I'm very excited. I'm a serious latecomer (started HP after being at hater this past Thanksgiving, finished all books by March of this year). The movies are decent (with the exception of Prisoner of Azkaban.. hated that one), DH Pt. 1 was pretty good as well.

I'm going to be in L.A. for a midnight showing on the 14th so it should be a fun time. Going to re-read Deathly Hallows and possibly Half-Blood Prince. Going to re-watch DH Pt. 1 as well.

3. Dr Kevorkian94 thread starter macrumors 68020

im trying to go to the midnight release to, the theater near me only has the 12:20 show left and the 3d 12 show so ill be at one of those. its hard to get tickets when u have to order in advance and hope your friends do to lol. im also very tempted to wear my griffandor tie and break out my replica elder wand too lol (probably not going to happen).

4. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Any news whether they might show Part 1 and then Part 2?

6. Dr Kevorkian94 thread starter macrumors 68020

i wondered that myself, i heard AMC theaters are showing all of them in the days forth coming but i never heard together. i own the movie so i will watch it before.

On a side note in part one there was a lot of points and scenes that were implied, such as the sirius' mirror where harry was looking in it the whole movie (it actually plays a big part). The thing is it was not talked about at all in half blood prince (the movie) because it was most defiantly in the books. All i'm trying to say is i hope there is not too much of that in the second part.

One thing i find funny that the y added to the movie (it was in the trailer) is the scene where harry jumps off a cliff with voldemort, i find it amusing :D

7. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Can't wait

I've watched the movies and am re-watching them. But, I am a late comer to the books and am slowly reading the British editions as I find them at local used bookstores. Just last week I went to see We Are Harry and the Potters band at the Seattle Public Library :D

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Dr Kevorkian94 thread starter macrumors 68020

i've never herd of them but ill look into it lol. The premiere is in london, so that should be exiting. for those of you who live there

9. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Just read in my local paper that the AMC movie theater (AMC Loews Alderwood mall, Lynwood WA) is showing all the films for $45 dollars. Starting July 11, 2 films will be shown each night culminating with the final episode at 12:01am on the 15th. $45 will get you into all the films and a "commemorative" lanyard and booklet and 3D version of the final film :D

10. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

That is seriously cool!

11. MasterHowl macrumors 65816

MasterHowl

I can't decide whether I'm more excited for Lion or DH pt 2 :)

I booked tickets for the midnight showing on the day it comes out at my local cinema! Can't wait :D

12. DavidB52 macrumors newbie

I am looking forward to it too, but not that interested.
    I won't go to a midnight showing; seeing it a day or two later is fine with me.
    I haven't read the books; all I know about Harry Potter I learned from the movies, so I am sure that some members of this forum already know how things turn out, but I am looking forward to seeing how all the loose threads get wrapped up.

13. skinuca macrumors member

skinuca

It is going to be fun

Have tickets for a group of us for 12:03 showing.

14. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

==SPOILER ALERT==
    I saw it last night and was pleased. However my suggestion to the director was spoiler>>Voldemort and Harry's wand duel, Voldemort should have been beating Harry down more, when Nevil leaps up and cuts off Nigini's head saving the day...<<end spoiler This is what I remember from the book, spoiler>>Nevil saves the day more or less.<<end spoiler

Now I have read all the books, but it's been a while. Can someone remind me spoiler>> all of the horcrux's hold parts of Voldemort's soul. So was the idea that he, himself carried no part of his soul so when the snake, (the last horcrux) was killed, it destroyed him? <<end spoiler

15. (marc) macrumors 6502a

(marc)

I really think J.K. Rowling should've left out the last chapter...

First, the seven Horcruxes needed to be destroyed, then Voldemort needed to get killed. I think J.K. Rowling had a logic flaw when she said Voldemort split his soul into 7 parts, because that would only yield 6 Horcruxes :)

16. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Leave early.

17. (marc) macrumors 6502a

(marc)

How long does it take? I'd imagine they'd stretch this part.

18. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I have no idea, "never having read the book", but those that have would know when to leave, wouldn't they?

19. yorkshire macrumors 6502a

yorkshire

The idea is that when Voldemort used the killing curse on Harry when he was a baby, he inadvertently turned Harry himself into a Horcrux. So the Horcruxes were the diary, the ring, Slytherin's locket, Hufflepuff's cup, Ravenclaw's Tiara, Nagini the snake, Harry himself and Voldemort himself. When Harry went to meet Voldemort in the forest, Voldemort killed the part of his soul that was residing within Harry, yet Harry himself was protected by his mother's love which ran throughout Harry's blood as well as Voldemort's, as Voldemort used Harry's blood when he regained a new body back in Goblet of Fire.

20. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

21. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Saw it this weekend and enjoyed it tremendously, even though there were many departures from the book.

I chose to see it in 2D and could see how it might be overwhelming for younger viewers in full 3D.

B

22. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

spoiler>>Right. If you notice, it was right as the snake was killed that he died. I guess that ment his soul was scattered about and he did not really have any inside of him? When the 7th was destroyed that was it. <<spoiler

23. Diejws macrumors member

Diejws

Although I've never read the books, I've enjoyed all of the movies. I thought DH pt. 2 was good and put a nice end to the series. The end, however, was a bit anticlimactic IMO. I need to find time to start reading the novels soon. :eek:

24. (marc) macrumors 6502a

(marc)

No, Voldemort died after the snake got killed, not at the same time. There were the diary, the lock, the cup, the crown, the ring, the snake and Harry. All those had to be destroyed before Harry faced Voldemort in their final duel.

25. AustinZ macrumors member

AustinZ

I'd like some clarification on the latter part.

Harry's mother's love prevents Voldemort from killing him as a baby when he should have died. I understand that part. I also understand that Voldemort turned Harry into a Horcrux inadvertently.

What I don't understand is anything after that:

- Does Harry's mother's love mean that Harry was protected against future attacks by Voldemort? The plot heavily implies that it wasn't a one-time deal, and that it was the reason why he wasn't killed outright when Voldemort cursed him in the Forbidden Forest. So was Harry immune to being killed by Voldemort all along? If not, why was this time special?

- Why does it matter that Voldemort resurrected himself using Harry's blood? If he hadn't done so, Harry's mother's love would still be in effect presumably. What changed by Voldemort doing so?