Debris Under Glass

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by luvmshavd, Aug 23, 2010.

1. luvmshavd macrumors newbie

My iphone 4 has large particals under the glass that you can see white and chrome.. should i take it back again?? There super noticiable when in the sun light or the phone is on a bright screen. The only thing is ive had my iphone replaced mutliple times for this already.. Ive gone through 8 iphone since the day of launch

4 iphones for debris under glass
    3 for noise cancellation issues
    1 current phone the has debris under the glass??

Should i try a differnt Apple store??

Give me your thoughts

2. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

That must be a record. But I'd take it back if it had visible debris under there.

3. luvmshavd thread starter macrumors newbie

spblat, your telling me.. If it had only one piece i would be fine but when there is multiples it irritates :mad:, and i have one right on the edge so when you hold it lanscape it magnifies it 10 times the size and becomes super clear. The :apple: genius bar by me has been great on swapping them out i just dont wanna over due my welcome.. I think i should try a different store, mayeb i get a different batch than will have no debris

4. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

Troll or OCD

either way I don't believe it

The iphone4 has the lcd bonded to the glass

I looked through all of your posts, and they ALL have to do with you replacing your iphone because of some defect

that sure sounds like a troll to me

5. Macnator macrumors 6502

This is why there shouldn't be dust/whatever under the glass, unless it happened at the factory.

I've had 2 iPhone 4s with dust under the glass.

6. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

If you flip a penny 99 times and get heads every time you're still 50/50 on what the next result will be. What I mean is that you shouldn't plan on nasty looks from the genius; every situation is its own separate deal.

If you open the conversation with "I know this seems kinda OCD but I really care about having a nice pristine phone and this one doesn't seem like it meets the standards set by Steve and Jony" you will probably get a "hey no problem let's get it taken care of."

If you get attitude about past returns, establish agreement that your current phone is unacceptable and remind the genius that the pattern of support you've received in the past is not germane to the present discussion.

7. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

while that is true at the same time you have to ask if you flip a penny 99 times what are the odds that it lands on heads every time. Yes it is possible but the chances are remote.

If I was at that store and saw the same guy come in 8 times for pretty weak reasons I would look it over with a fine tooth comb and then put a note in his file to watch him closely to even fire him as a customer for being overly picky.

8. MacAficionado macrumors 6502

I would look at what you have in your pockets before you put your next one in there. I doubt all those came like that from the factory. I'm pretty sure those are being introduced in there after it's in your possession.

9. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

The dust would have to have come from the factory and not from being in your pocket. The front glass and the screen are bonded together leaving no room for dust to build up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

11. luvmshavd thread starter macrumors newbie

ItsJustafnPhone im not a troll or OCD, I payed top dollar for my iphone and it just kills the whole experience with **** stuck under the glass... I dont put anything in the same pocket as my iphone.. My first iphone 4 was perfect cosmetic wise, just had issues witht the noise reducing mic. ever since then the replacement phones have had some sort of issues.. Like i said in my top post if it was one spec i could live with it.. But when there is a lot or has chome specs thats not ***** cool. With the way the new glass is bonded together you think this issue would have been resolved..

12. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Not Troll
    Not OCD

Just really, really anal. 7 phones? Really?

13. drew0020 macrumors 65816

drew0020

I've had 4 iPhones. All screens have had either dust or dead pixels. I don't think it's OCD just an expectation on a $600 device (for me at least). That said I think dust/pixel issues are going to happen so you just can't focus on them. At least I don't anymore...

14. S.Kay macrumors member

S.Kay

This is just getting sad. You expect us to believe that 7 replacement iPhones, all suffered from problems, interestingly from the SAME TWO PROBLEMS. You are yet another OCD jerk that has nothing better to do, but waste Apple's time, and precious iPhone replacements that I would rather see in the hands of a homeless dude.

Get a life.

15. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

IMHO at this point the OP should either shrug and walk away from this hostile thread or post pictures of the latest issues.

16. donster28 macrumors 65816

He is not trolling...I believe him 100% because my 1st iPhone 4, that I waited 14 hours in line for, had particles under the glass. Yes, the LCD is fused with the glass so these particles were embedded in the factory.

Although I only had to replace mine once (with a brown box unit), my replacement is perfect in every way and I never had the most 'debris free' screen on an iPhone ever.

17. donster28 macrumors 65816

Beautiful pics! All LCD's should be made this way. iPad, you're next! :)

18. Macnator macrumors 6502

I 100% believe him as well. I've been through 3 iPhone 4s. Two with debris/particles under the glass (which shouldn't be there period) and one had a dead pixel (maybe it was a cluster since it was a pretty big spot). Really sucks because I just want an iPhone 4 with no junk under the screen! My 3GS never had this problem.

19. S.Kay macrumors member

S.Kay

Clearly there is an issue but as your story indicates, it can rectified with one simple replacements. 7 error prone iPhones tells me that this sad invidual needs to get a life..

20. donster28 macrumors 65816

My first one had one dead/lit pixel as well but I didn't notice it until later on. I guess dead pixels are hard to notice on the new Retna Display...pixels are really, really small.

As with the 3G/3GS, that thing is a dust magnet, since the glass and LCD's aren't fused. Mine is like the Wendy's mascott, it's full of freckels in there! ;)

21. drew0020 macrumors 65816

drew0020

I can't speak for the OP but I think it says a lot about Apples quality control.

22. anonymouz1828 macrumors regular

dust is everywhere .. even on the factory above!

23. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

*** 8 **** i4's already? Holy smokes man......... not even sure what to say to that.

24. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

What DO you say to someone who's screen name appears to be "love them shaved"?

25. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Did you read my post, I said "The dust would have to have come from the factory and not from being in your pocket."

I know their is dust everywhere.