Decent discounts on Apple refurb.....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by marbles, Sep 22, 2008.

1. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

Attached Files:

2. Toniola macrumors member

I've seen some pretty good deals with the refurbished stuff, but that one looks especially low. I haven't worked out the exchange to $$, but it looks to be under a $1,000. US.....that *is* a good deal.
    What could be in the production line right now? :cool: ...a 4ghz, cool running MBP?

3. bplein macrumors 6502

bplein

No, it's the other way around... it's under $2000 US

;)

4. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68020

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    excellent buy, and it's from the Apple Store, why wouldn't you if this is what you want. I have been more than happy with my refurb;):apple::apple::apple:

5. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

They are cheap because they were once broke and are now fixed. It's not because apple is about to release something.

I always buy refurb. Same stuff thats selling for retail only 100-500 off.

6. marbles thread starter macrumors 68000

marbles

I'm aware of the refurb store ...just such big discounts are rarely seen on the UK site which led me to believe they might just be shifting the last of the old stock before launch day , which tbh , cannot be that far away now , can it ?

Personally I'm waiting to see what happens with the new line that comes out , I only posted this to give anyone on MacRumors who might be looking for one a ' heads up' ... , ya know , trying to be nice an all that !.

7. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

That Pro you showed isn't the current one though.

8. marbles thread starter macrumors 68000

marbles

true , but last night there where several MBP's and iMac's at ridiculously low prices , some current , some not .

This was the most discounted MBP , so I posted that ....a current model iMac had 37% off ...maybe I should have posted that one instead?? ...sheesh....I'm just trying to be nice here !

9. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Unless Apple makes a mistake, the refurbished price is always about 15-20 percent less than the Mac would be worth brand new. However, the quoted price is always the price the Mac was sold for when it was the current model, not what it would be worth today (which is obviously less if a new and better model is introduced).