Decision about rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iDabble, Jul 30, 2012.

  1. iDabble macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2010
    #1
    Getting ready to buy a rMBP and can't decide if I should get the 256gb and AC, or get the 512 and get AC within the year...

    Obvious answer is to wait and get the AC, but I don't think I'd need 512gb as I have 3 tb of externals on a TBD. But it's always nice to future proof a bit. :confused:

    /firstworldproblems
     
  2. jav6454 macrumors P6

    jav6454

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2007
    Location:
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    #2
    Well, considering OWC already has upgrade SSD modules for the MBA, there is no reason to believe they won't come out for the rMBP. Also, I figure that at a much cheaper price point.
     
  3. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

    Mabyboi

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2010
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada
    #3
    Get the 256gb, upgrade your ram to 16gb and hold off on AC till the end of the year.

    /FirstWorldDecisions
     
  4. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

    mohsy90

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2011
    Location:
    New York
    #4
    For most, 256Gb is usually more than enough, especially if you're using external hard drives to store most of your large files. 512Gb is not necessarily going to "future proof" it. If anything, get the 16Gb ram.

    As for AppleCare, you have a year to get it. So no need to rush if you can't cough up the cash now. Won't make a difference if you buy it now or a year from your date of purchase.
     
  5. iDabble thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2010
    #5
    Will be getting 16 either way :D
     
  6. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

    Mabyboi

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2010
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada
    #6
    WELL THEN.

    I'd still say stick with the 256 option and save for AC later, more money now!
     

Share This Page