Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

familyte

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2003
So Cal
SA & SPCR

MrMacman said:
SAGoons are in the Red...
SilentPcReview almost matched our production today... ech...

The SA folks have gathered the numbers and seem to be on a mission...

SPCR has gathered a Vender that likes to burn in the machines prior to shipping, guess they got to make sure they work...

What a convenient way to Fold...

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
familyte said:

SPCR has gathered a Vender that likes to burn in the machines prior to shipping, guess they got to make sure they work...

Can you tell your Team that they have ignored my request for this line of test to be deleted from your website
Enter 1971 and you will be folding with the number 1 Folding@home Mac team!

MacRumors it the #1 mac team no matter what way you look at the rankings, I have posted on your board about this, can you please remind them?

familyte -- If not I will just come by your board again, which I feel is un-necessary... Don't you?

SAGoons will be destroying us, no way of us stopping that unless we get the banner anytime soon...(and even then we need a miracle)

As for SPCR right now they are matching our production... not really passing us but I fear we will be outproduced by them long enough... yeah you know what that means. (we are still outproducing them for the week however)...

--MrMacMan

familyte

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2003
So Cal
MrMacman said:
Can you tell your Team that they have ignored my request for this line of test to be deleted from your website

MacRumors it the #1 mac team no matter what way you look at the rankings, I have posted on your board about this, can you please remind them?

familyte -- If not I will just come by your board again, which I feel is un-necessary... Don't you?

Hey, I come in good spirit, I'm not the web designer.

But you know the website was in the process of a remodel makeover the last time you came for a visit. I've searched for what you mentioned, and I don't see it. So if in fact it is there please point to a link.

Now back to the topic at hand.

SAGoons will be destroying us, no way of us stopping that unless we get the banner anytime soon...(and even then we need a miracle)

As for SPCR right now they are matching our production... not really passing us but I fear we will be outproduced by them long enough... yeah you know what that means. (we are still outproducing them for the week however)...

--MrMacMan
Keep up the fold!

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
familyte said:
Hey, I come in good spirit, I'm not the web designer.

But you know the website was in the process of a remodel makeover the last time you came for a visit. I've searched for what you mentioned, and I don't see it. So if in fact it is there please point to a link.

Now back to the topic at hand.

Keep up the fold!

this is the thread I addressed the concerns
This is the offending page
I did post this at the end of Jan... still hasn't been addressed...

Keep folding....

familyte

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2003
So Cal
MrMacman said:
I did post this at the end of Jan... still hasn't been addressed...

You know I came in peace, try to stay with the dialog of this thread...

All that I can say that your a number one team in many aspects, but friendliness is not one of them. If your wondering why your loosing members, you may want to rethink how you treat visitors...

Good Luck

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
familyte said:

All that I can say that I is that your a number one team in many aspects, but friendliness is not one of them. If your wondering why your loosing members, you may want to think how you treat visitors...

Good Luck

Based on that thread, it doesn't look like you're much better. ;)

But, go ahead and characterize the whole team based on one person if you want. Our recruiting efforts speak for themselves. :)

edit - Besides, the characterization of the misinformation as
ken said:
the small details of an obscure detail listed on an out of the way page, in the site
is less than truthful. It's the top-level page for a major section of the site and the text is in the 1st paragraph.

Seems more like a willful misrepresentation of the truth, especially since you were notified over a month ago.

familyte

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2003
So Cal
Rower_CPU said:
Based on that thread, it doesn't look like you're much better. ;)

But, go ahead and characterize the whole team based on one person if you want. Our recruiting efforts speak for themselves. :)

All that I am characterizing is the treatment that I have received in a couple of post. I was hoping for a off topic, but I see that won't happen.

FritzTheWonderM

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2003
Planet 10
familyte said:
All that I am characterizing is the treatment that I have received in a couple of post. I was hoping for a off topic, but I see that won't happen.

Dang kids, do I need to send you to your room? All of a sudden we can't take a little taunting? If we have to kick their butts at folding that's fine, but we can at least be polite while we crush their spirit with our ever increasing numbers... :D

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
familyte said:

All that I can say that your a number one team in many aspects, but friendliness is not one of them. If your wondering why your loosing members, you may want to rethink how you treat visitors...

Good Luck
Well I hoped it would have been addressed since your team said it would be.

I thought that was a fair time period... no? Should I wait more time?

Anyway friendlyness all depends from perspective.

Viewing the text I didn't demand that it be removed at once, I understand that it takes time for things to get done and your team agreeded, and then let the topic die, as it should have... I'm just trying to address your teams small issue.

Is my issue being friendly? I don't know about that, ask the dozens of people I have helped on this board... :p

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
familyte said:

It does seem that if one is a loyal member of MacRumors, they would want to support its team.

I agree with MrMacman.

I have found everyone to be very courteous. I consider myself to be kind to everyone. Not sure who you think it is that mistreated you? From my perspective Rower_CPU and MrMacman are very helpful and positive. I can personally vouch for MrMacman he has been especially patient with me.

A lot of the treatment that a person receives depends on how they interact with others.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
TimDaddy said:
Maybe we should all remember that when reading a post, there is no tone of voice. Our brain makes that up. So maybe, when I think someone is biting my head off, it's all IN my head!

edit: Maybe we should all check our damned spelling BEFORE clicking submit! :D

You're right, of course. In addition to checking spelling, is checking the usefulness of a post. If spell checking and grammar checking were used, we might still see posts with no value or even, off-topic posts. :D

Well, since production isn't declining, we have some time to rest and re-think ourselves. <ducks>

shemp9999

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2003
Hey FritzTheWonderMutt, Nice Stats, man!

you've been kickin' arse, m'mutt...
so much so, i've been watching my butt!

you got me to optimize the procs that i own,
but i've also just turned off the ones from at home.

so here's to the challenge and to the cure,
but it'll take a wee bit more to knock at my door.

to bring it on topic, i'll say it's like this,
i'm folding as fast as i can.

:D

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
Whilst it isn't going to make all that much difference to our overall production, I've just added an Athlon XP 3200+ to my folders :)

Bring on the MR folding revival!

familyte

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2003
So Cal
MrMacman said:
Nice Rhyme.

Guess who popped on our Threats list? :mad:
No i'm not talking about SAGoons... the Team Mac Os X has had trouble with...

come on guys...
This is where I was going with my original post. Sorry to stir the waters so. I'll see what can can be done about the issues at hand.

Took a while to get back on topic, but hey, Rome wasn't built in a day!

familyte said:

Happy Birthday "Mr Mac Man" and I do hope that a G5 is on order.

Best wishes! Fellow Mac Folders :)

shemp9999

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2003
fluctuations are the new variances

seems like we're at 333 active users now, and i remember a peak of some 444 last month, and there were 296 when i got on board in 12/03. :rolleyes:

we seem to be having a retention problem. perhaps we should try to attract some corpo-edu-resource-enabled types...who would sponsor a macrumors/maccentric team? :confused:

could we attract an oreilly.com or a smalldog.com or macsales.com? how about the zdnet mac-convert david coursey? :p

to paraphrase george clinton; "who's got the procs? we want the procs. who's got the procs? we want the procs." :cool:

late.shemp9999

vannote

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2003
NYC
shemp9999 said:
seems like we're at 333 active users now, and i remember a peak of some 444 last month, and there were 296 when i got on board in 12/03. :rolleyes:

we seem to be having a retention problem. perhaps we should try to attract some corpo-edu-resource-enabled types...who would sponsor a macrumors/maccentric team? :confused:

Has anyone approached http://www.vt.edu/ ?

shemp9999

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2003
a super - hey now!! - congrats to fritzthewondermutt for the one-day spanking! i'm impressed! (that's 1291 me/1318 you according to extremeoverclocking) but i am really smoking you today :D

i seem to be getting a lot of points per wu...(ave of 42.4 points/WU over 44 WU. yesterday i averaged 28.7 points/WU over 45 WU.

EDIT--that was my vague reference to the topic of tinker storm. it hasn't hit my machines yet. --/EDIT

keep it up, i'll tip my hat your way when you pass me.:p

Dreadnought said:
I really don't hope so... I am just folding at a constant level of almost 200 points a day! Would like to hold on to that for a while!

BTW, I have passed the 5000 points!!!!

congrats!!!

is that from one G5? a dual 2 GHZ? sweet! :cool:

p.s. are you named after the iron-coated wooden battleships of yore? (thank you history channel);)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.