Default SSD In Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ccaloggero, Apr 28, 2009.

1. ccaloggero macrumors newbie

After viewing a comparison chart between the current SSDs on the market, and deeply considering buying a MacBook Pro, I have decided to get one in an effort to speed up my design workflow. The one thing that still concerns me though is that there are some 128gb SSDs that show VERY low read/write times and some that display read/write times that are double, or even quadruple, that of others.

My question is, to anyone who got a 128gb SSD in their MacBook Pro at purchase, can you please tell me the model number that it displays in the System Profiler? Thanks in advance, I truly appreciate the help, and I also apologize if this has been posted before, I tried a simple Google search with no positive results.

2. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

im pretty sure that it is the Samsung. it's a great SSD from what i have read.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Samsung.

256 GB or 128 GB read is max at 240 and a 128 MB cache. Do not know write.

4. CTechKid macrumors regular

While Samsung is the manufacturer of the stock 128GB SSD, I thought Toshiba was the maker of the 256GB version?? :confused:

5. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

he asked about the 128GB. but i think the 17" uses two different ones. i could be wrong tho. but i remember reading something like that somewhere.

6. sascha h-k macrumors 6502

sascha h-k

256gb is definitivly toshiba, look at apple-forum ...

(and samsung does NOT offer firmwareupdate for their ssd's, like ocz, again look in the ocz ssd forum)

7. Mactagonist macrumors 6502a

IIRC the 128gb is a Samsung. It is a decent SSD, by no means the best on the market.

Buy a SSD separately.

8. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

yea this is your best bet. unless you absolutely dont feel comfortable putting it in your self. but it is really easy to do. its right next to the battery now.